Red Deer encounter: panels needed

A forum for new members to introduce themselves to the rabble already onboard. Not compulsory!
Tell us a little about yourself, lie if you have to but keep it to just an introduction, not a car discussion.

Moderator: RichardW

Frenchy
My Cars: Xantia
BX
Peugeot 406 (Now baked bean tins)
Supra's
Audi's
protons

Red Deer encounter: panels needed

Post by Frenchy »

Hi, I am a member of the BX club, owning a TZD and also have a Xantia HDI.

I have been driving citroens for nearly 40 years off and on and find them supremely comfortable and reliable.

I have joined here in the hope of finding body panels for my Rosso Red Xantia which was involved with a red stag (deer) this morning.

I now need a bonnet, slam panel, n/s front wing and headlight and possibly a bumper to get it back on the road.

This is a 1999 model with very low mileage, under 100k, full leather and all electrics and an extremely comfortable cruiser, returning 53mpg.

Any help in locating parts would be greatly appreciated.
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Re: Red Deer encounter: panels needed

Post by myglaren »

Welcome Frenchy

I've copied this post to the "For Sale & Wanted" forum and extended the title in the hope you will get a better response from there.
Stickyfinger
(Donor 2016)
My Cars: Xantia V6 ACTIVA 3ltr 24v Manual p1
Xm 2.1TD Ph2 Exclusive
AX, little Daffodil
SAXO White Mk1. Sally

Re: Red Deer encounter: panels needed

Post by Stickyfinger »

Cheapest way would be get a donor Car, you can also save "other" bits and then scrap it. There is not much that scraps a Xantia except Sills rusting/failed subframes and leaking suspension, none of the areas you say are normally effected so would be in good order.
Alasdair
Activa, the Moose Rider
3x C5x7 Steering racks and counting