Sawatdee Kap

A forum for new members to introduce themselves to the rabble already onboard. Not compulsory!
Tell us a little about yourself, lie if you have to but keep it to just an introduction, not a car discussion.

Moderator: RichardW

xantia_v6
Forum Admin Team
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: -
1997 Citroen Xantia V6 (France)
1999 Citroen XM V6 ES9 (France)
2011 Peugeot 308 CC THP 155 (NZ)
1975 Jaguar XJ-S pre-HE (NZ)

Re: Sawatdee Kap

Post by xantia_v6 »

The ORGA number is on the second line of the build sheet, which gives a date of 24 July 1995.

An interesting spec, very different to a UK top spec car, more like an SX with a few bits added on. Interesting that it seems to have an engine to US, not European emissions standards.

Before trying to sign up for service.Citroen, be aware that recently they reconfigured their servers to refuse entry to users whose IP address does not match the country they selected when registering, so my UK account no longer works from New Zealand, unless I use a VPN or Anonymox. Note also that they don't give the voice of signing up for most Asian countries (or nz).
Saraphee
My Cars: Citroen Xantia S1 Exclusive (Thai Version)
Citroen ZX 2.0i (Thai version)
Lotus Elite
Isuzu Grand Adventure
Rochdale Olympic
Scimitar SE5a

Post by Saraphee »

Thanks Jim & Sticky
Dated to 13th Aug 1995. There are no letters - still makes be wonder if assembled here? But there is also a date stamped in the metal. I can't read it as the ORGA nos are stencilled over it and no time to take a rubbing this morning. But I do have KPKCR as on your pic.
I have tried to log on to Citroen Service but they won't accept from Thailand. I've also tried approaching them via VPN and even the dark web, but although they accept a registration before you can begin to look around they have got me spotted and the site slowly shuts down around me.
Very frustrating as I would love to get hold of workshop stuff (Haynes is pretty useless) and of course parts info to aid the internet searches that will inevitably arise.
Later today I'll brave the photobucket route (why is posting pics on this site so brain-numbing) and post a front bumper pic that's up for grabs at the moment - I think it's in greater Bangkok, but that's not a problem.
Saraphee
Lotus Elite
Isuzu Grand Adventure
Rochdale Olympic
Scimitar SE5a

Post by Saraphee »

Here's the bumper shot - it's asking price is aroung 50 quid, or 2500Baht in local parlance. Count 50 baht to the pound and you're on the safe side. Getting it to the UK could be a lot more I'm thinking.
What other bits of external trim, if any, are different than UK standard?
Last edited by Saraphee on 30 Dec 2015, 08:15, edited 1 time in total.
Stickyfinger
(Donor 2016)
My Cars: Xantia V6 ACTIVA 3ltr 24v Manual p1
Xm 2.1TD Ph2 Exclusive
AX, little Daffodil
SAXO White Mk1. Sally

Post by Stickyfinger »

Until you can find a way around the Cit-Service log on, just post your need and we can post up the images and part numbers.
I give the Haynes books an OK on the Xantia for engines and other basics, it is let down on the pipe work etc...the best advice is when working, Keep it CLEAN.
When "stuck" for how to do something, remember many of the truck mechanics understand hydraulic systems better than car mechanics do, they also are often a better source for LHM safe materials like plastic tube/safe rubber etc.
Alasdair
Activa, the Moose Rider
3x C5x7 Steering racks and counting
wurlycorner
My Cars: Two C5's...
Lots of CXs...
A couple of Xantia...
A C2...
Lots of Prelude's...
And a Sunny!

Post by wurlycorner »

Hi and welcome. That is a beautiful looking car!

I spotted the lotus in the back of the pic and was going to ask if that was yours - obviously it is though :)

You may be aware, but one thing to check asap on your new purchase is the condition of the front strut top mounts (the bits sticking up inside the engine bay, to which the spheres screw in). The rubber on these can fail in hot countries, causing the suspension strut to come up through the bonnet - not fun... Fairly easy to replace though and they can be refurbished as an alternative I believe.

That bumper that is for sale - looks like there is a matching rear bumper as well? Are the side skirts also with it? If so, I'm very interested! Can you check please? Stickyfinger has first dibs of course, but if he drops out... ;-)

Thanks
--
Iain

1x '85 CX GTi Turbo s1 (metallic blue)
2x '85 CX GTi Turbo s2 t1 (metallic silver & grey)
'88 CX GTi Turbo s2 T2 (metallic light blue)
CX DTR T2 Safari (silver)
2x '96 Xantia Activa (Black & metallic green)
'01 C5 2.0 HDi LX Estate (Blue)
Saraphee
Lotus Elite
Isuzu Grand Adventure
Rochdale Olympic
Scimitar SE5a

Post by Saraphee »

Thanks for the tip Wurly,
However I can report that all metals and rubbers are in excellent condition. Whilst the car was stripped down for it's new coat of paint a liberal dose of the local equivalent to waxoyl was applied and I have been busy since coating all rubbers with Gummi Pflege which I have found an excellent restorer/preservative on other classics.
The bumper is for sale on a Thai language website and is the only item on offer. I believe my rear bumper set up is also Thailand specific. To clarify, what's shown in the pic is a one piece unit with the black/gray 'bumper' insert, should a rear bumper become available it would probably be the same. i.e. everything below the lights level. What I cannot do is guess if/when the matching rear item may come up for sale.
My inserts are now colour coded as that was easier to do than trying to match the plastic finish of the originals.
Before anyone gets too excited however let me put this in perspective. Should anyone wish to buy this then I would have to pay for it by bank transfer and arrange to get it shipped up here and packed professionally.
Should the seller be prepared to do that.
Then comes the cost of shipping to the UK (I have no idea what this might be for such a bulky item) and the possibility of Import duty.
I'm willing to help out if either of you would like to give it a go but I suggest you have a crack at getting a price for shipping before committing.
Compliments of the Season to All
Rex