CCC Northern - 18th October – AGM – “Cream Teas on the Canal”, Skipton, North Yorkshire

A place to discuss any upcoming meets, club rallies and general get togethers.

Moderator: RichardW

Trainman
(Donor 2018)
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: 2008 C6 2.7 Exclusive in Mativoire Beige with Vitali Leather.
2019 C5 1.6 Aircross Flair+ in Platinum Grey with Claudia Rimini Leather
2017 1.6HDi Berlingo Van - the works van

CCC Northern - 18th October – AGM – “Cream Teas on the Canal”, Skipton, North Yorkshire

Post by Trainman »

David Keeton writes:

I always try to challenge myself to find an AGM venue that will generate some interest and hopefully I’ve succeeded this year. We’ll be taking to the Leeds and Liverpool Canal at Skipton for a two hour cruise in the “Dalesman”, one of Skipton Boat Trips canal cruisers. She was built in 1994, is 58ft long and 12ft wide and is capable of seating up to 48 people. She’s centrally heated (in case it’s a bit chilly on the day) and has a fully stocked bar for those of you who have a designated driver for the journey home!

The AGM will be held on board and Chairman Geoff has promised to guide us through the business as quickly as possible so we don’t miss out on any of the beautiful countryside passing by the windows. Once the AGM is over, we will be served our Cream Teas so there’s an incentive if ever there was one.

It is important for us to know how many people are going to come along so that the boat company can prepare sufficient cream teas so please contact David Keeton, as soon as possible on either 01924 359213 (home), 07789 175117 (mobile) or email Northern@CitroenCarClub.org.uk . The Section is funding this meeting so it will be free for everyone attending.

Skipton itself, known as “The Gateway to the Dales”, is a lovely market town, reputedly one of the oldest in Yorkshire, and at the top of High Street stands the medieval Skipton Castle, built less than 30 years after the Norman Conquest. With parks to stroll around, plenty of shops and restaurants as well as the hustle and bustle of the canal basin, the town offers plenty for the visitor to see and do so it’s very easy to make a day of it.

Skipton Boat Trips & Day Boat Hire is situated on Coach Street which is just off the A6069. The post code for those of you with sat navs is BD23 1LH. Some 200 yards beyond the company office on Coach Street, there is a large public car park on the left. However, please be aware that Skipton does attract a lot of weekend visitors so you should aim to arrive in plenty of time in case you have to look for alternative parking. There is another large car park off High Street near the Castle which is about a 10 minute walk away from the canal basin. The boat will leave from the canal basin at 1.30pm. You can board from 1.15pm.

If you want to see more information go to www.canaltrips.co.uk .

One final note: Please don’t turn up at Pennine Cruisers which is close by on Coach Street.
Steve

2008 C6 2.7 Exclusive in Mativoire Beige with Vitali Leather.

http://c6owners.org/index.php
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Re: CCC Northern - 18th October – AGM – “Cream Teas on the Canal”, Skipton, North Yorkshire

Post by CitroJim »

Gosh, that looks like a lovely trip Steve... I'd love to join it but sadly, for reasons you know, too far away :(

Do enjoy!
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Trainman
(Donor 2018)

Re: CCC Northern - 18th October – AGM – “Cream Teas on the Canal”, Skipton, North Yorkshire

Post by Trainman »

It's certainly something different Jim, I might be heading down to BL in the near future, So I'll give you a shout when I know more
Steve

CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Trainman wrote:It's certainly something different Jim, I might be heading down to BL in the near future, So I'll give you a shout when I know more

Oh yes, please do Steve,

Tea, cakes and a good natter is on offer :wink: :-D
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Trainman
(Donor 2018)

Post by Trainman »

Sounds like a plan, I think 'Big and Daft' might be with me too
Steve

BW
My Cars: Xantia V6
2cv Special

Post by BW »

Thats a great idea, I'll contact David to say Susie and I plan to attend, should be really nice.
1985 2cv
2000 Xantia V6
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

BW wrote:Thats a great idea, I'll contact David to say Susie and I plan to attend, should be really nice.
I'll need to be doing a lot of baking then!!!
Jim

Trainman
(Donor 2018)

Post by Trainman »

NO Please don't :rofl2:
Steve

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

Trainman wrote:NO Please don't :rofl2:

Why ever not? I thought you liked my baking Steve...
Jim

Trainman
(Donor 2018)

Post by Trainman »

I do Jim, that's the problem........... :oops: :rofl2:
Steve

Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023
My Cars: C5 Mk2 VTX+ estate.

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

:rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2:
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Yes, I am paranoid, but am I paranoid ENOUGH?
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!
BW
My Cars: Xantia V6
2cv Special

Post by BW »

How confusing the internet can be. I try to go on a boat trip in Yorkshire and end up eating cakes in Milton Keynes!
1985 2cv
2000 Xantia V6
Stickyfinger
(Donor 2016)
My Cars: Xantia V6 ACTIVA 3ltr 24v Manual p1
Xm 2.1TD Ph2 Exclusive
AX, little Daffodil
SAXO White Mk1. Sally

Post by Stickyfinger »

I always said Google Maps was pants !
Alasdair
Activa, the Moose Rider
3x C5x7 Steering racks and counting
elma
My Cars: Undisclosed

Post by elma »

It had Brecon Beacons National park in Central London last week...
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

Trainman wrote:I do Jim, that's the problem........... :oops: :rofl2:
All mine are special low calorie/low fat/low sugar ones Steve so you can enjoy them without any guilt at all :wink:
BW wrote:How confusing the internet can be. I try to go on a boat trip in Yorkshire and end up eating cakes in Milton Keynes!
:rofl2:
Jim