Introduction

A forum for new members to introduce themselves to the rabble already onboard. Not compulsory!
Tell us a little about yourself, lie if you have to but keep it to just an introduction, not a car discussion.

Moderator: RichardW

clydeowenp
(Donor 2020)
My Cars: 2000 Citroen Xantia Hdi Exclusive Estate (waiting repair, burst hydraulic pipe sent it through a hedge!)
1995 Peugeot 106 Roland Garros (converted from petrol to 1.4 diesel)
1963 Triumph based Spartan Roadster kit car 2.5 litre.
2002 Peugeot 307 Rapier 2.0 HDi (In daily use)
2006 Peugeot 307cc Hdi Sport (Getting it ready for the summer)

Introduction

Post by clydeowenp »

Hi, Greetings from Sunny (for a change!) Margate on the Kent coast.
New member, joined yesterday but have been a frequent visitor to the forum in the past. Joined because the Xantia blower gremlin has struck. Having tried everything I can think of or find on the forum I now need professional help!
I've had French cars for many years including Renault 4, 5, 12TS Estate and 18 Turbo, which I decided to sell before I lost my licence! Had several BX's and now have a 2000 Xantia Hdi Exclusive Estate which I've had from new. I also have a 1994 Peugeot 106 Roland Garros which I converted to Diesel having acquired a donor car for £50. This is roadworthy but sorned at present while I decide whether to sell it or keep it.
I decided to learn about cars because I got fed up of paying a garage and then having to rectify their mistakes and finish the job myself. I'm self taught and have no training or qualifications but will tackle most things, welding, spraying, mechanical & electrical but not too good with electronics.
I've rebuilt several cars from the chassis up including a Triumph Herald, Vitesse and Spitfire, a Renault 12, a Scimitar GTE and a Mk1 BX. Replaced all the hydraulic pipes on the BX and fitted air conditioning, but can't solve the Xantia blower problem!
Hopefully the experts can help me solve the blower problem and in the future I hope I may be able to help others solve their problems.
Kind Regards
clydeowenp
Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023
My Cars: C5 Mk2 VTX+ estate.

Re: Introduction

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

Well, welcome aboard the forum. With that wealth of knowledge, it is more likely you will be getting asked questions, but I feel sure somebody will be able to help with your blower fault.
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Yes, I am paranoid, but am I paranoid ENOUGH?
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Welcome :-D

I'm sure we can sort your Xantia blower! I trust you've posted about it in the Citroen area of the forum?
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
clydeowenp
(Donor 2020)
My Cars: 2000 Citroen Xantia Hdi Exclusive Estate (waiting repair, burst hydraulic pipe sent it through a hedge!)
1995 Peugeot 106 Roland Garros (converted from petrol to 1.4 diesel)
1963 Triumph based Spartan Roadster kit car 2.5 litre.
2002 Peugeot 307 Rapier 2.0 HDi (In daily use)
2006 Peugeot 307cc Hdi Sport (Getting it ready for the summer)

Post by clydeowenp »

Hi & Thanks. I have posted, a very long post I'm afraid as I tried to do everything I could find on the forum before asking for help. Not too sure I posted it in the right place as I couldn't find it earlier!
Clyde.
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

Your post is in this thread.