Hello from diesel 205 owner in Liverpool

A forum for new members to introduce themselves to the rabble already onboard. Not compulsory!
Tell us a little about yourself, lie if you have to but keep it to just an introduction, not a car discussion.

Moderator: RichardW

Tamlin

Hello from diesel 205 owner in Liverpool

Post by Tamlin »

Hello all

Just joined. Owner of 2 205 GRD's. 1984 275,000miles and in need of serious restoration and 1991 205 GRD (210,000 miles). Elecrtical/electronics design engineer by profession and spent 5 years working out in the South of France on the ITER Fusion reactor....and so possess a profound love of France.....and all things French :) Love motorcycles and cars., especially the Daimler Majestic Major with the Edward Turner 4.5 litre V8. Not keen on the Talbot Samba!

Hope to enjoy reading threads.
Stickyfinger
(Donor 2016)
My Cars: Xantia V6 ACTIVA 3ltr 24v Manual p1
Xm 2.1TD Ph2 Exclusive
AX, little Daffodil
SAXO White Mk1. Sally

Re: Hello from diesel 205 owner in Liverpool

Post by Stickyfinger »

Tell me Citroen don't make Nuclear Reactors ....oh for the love of god please no.

Welcome to the forum Hedge Spade owner :)
Alasdair
Activa, the Moose Rider
3x C5x7 Steering racks and counting
spider
My Cars: Soon, I hope...

Post by spider »

Welcome. :) :) :)

205 = They got it all right first time ;)

Would love to see a couple of pics of the early 205 as they are a bit few/far between these days. I did like the later dash though as the earlier one seemed a bit 'over the place' but there is a nice charm about the very early A plate models too.
Andy.

91 205D-Turbo, gone but still missed
02 106D, TUD5B, gone but not really missed apart from the MPG
Tamlin

Post by Tamlin »

Stickyfinger wrote:Tell me Citroen don't make Nuclear Reactors ....oh for the love of god please no.
Ha-ha Stickyfinger (thanks for the welcome) – not to my knowledge, but given the reactor weighs 25,000 tonnes – and it’s located in a seismic region - I suspect Citroen’s Hydropneumatic suspension could be useful :lol: :lol: :lol:

Whilst working in France, spotted 3 (gorgeous) DS23’s, 1 Safari, 2 Citroen SM’s…….but no CX25DTR or Citroen Traction Avant (Oooooh this car is sooo beautiful)

Thanks also to spider for the welcome (as well as thoughts on my 205 problem)