C5 X7 2-in-1 navigation tutorial

This section is for General Enquiries or for Systems not Covered Above

Moderator: GiveMeABreak

vborovic
Locked user account
My Cars: A used Citroen

Re: C5 X7 2-in-1 navigation tutorial

Post by vborovic »

But you have the RNEG (myWay) navigation system? There are two possibilities in such case that come to mind:

1. you have genuine parking sensors, but someone, at some point, for whatever reason, disabled the visual indication of the sensors in the RNEG device (Lexia/Diagbox telecoding can fix this) ... the beeps should be heard from the car speakers, if not, then from under the wheel?

2. you have aftermarket parking sensors/system, they can't be connected to the radio/navigation units, rather have their own beeps speaker somewhere in the car
The Ace
My Cars: Citroen C5 1.6THP Prestige
Ford Fiesta 1.0Ecoboost Titanium

Post by The Ace »

It appears to be an aftermarket reverse kit, I have no indications on the screen and the beeping sounds come from somewhere in the back seat, so definitely not a genuine Citroen reverse monitoring system. I'll see if I can change it to something more useful, like a dual (front/back) detection system with a complete set of radars
vborovic
Locked user account

Post by vborovic »

IS the beeping coming from the car rear speakers? Or rather some independent audio source (buzzer/beeper), probably on the parking aftermarket device? You could add the genuine front + back sensors & computer, but that's a big job with wiring, removing both bumpers, etc ...
The Ace
My Cars: Citroen C5 1.6THP Prestige
Ford Fiesta 1.0Ecoboost Titanium

Post by The Ace »

It's probably coming from a stand-alone buzzer and not the car's speakers, so I'm thinking it's an aftermarket kit...Judging by the price of the genuine ECU (around 350€ I think) and the genuine Citroen radars, I'll probably go for something like the Spy Omega system, 8 front + back radars, two CPUs and wireless screen 8-)
vborovic
Locked user account

Post by vborovic »

Very important update regarding the RT6 and the matrix display navigation details, visible in the related post in this topic: http://www.frenchcarforum.co.uk/forum/v ... 75#p408575" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

OT: Where's Sticky to hand me some cider, I could use some of that stuff right now ... :D
KP
My Cars:

Post by KP »

Is this something that will work on the rneg/myway unit at all?

Also seem to be struggling with the latest version of sdcard maps so there must be something specific I'm missing on copying the data to the new card or formatting it if you've got any tips? :)
vborovic
Locked user account

Post by vborovic »

MiraScripts is for the RTx devices only, so no ... regarding the maps, the usual mistake is that people don't have the following content structure:

SD card root -> (database) -> (database) + bunch of files

... if the structure is valid, then try rebooting the device (by holding down the direct access buttons 1+2+3 for a few secs, an alternate menu will appear, and choose reboot in the list) ... apart from that, on older FW versions people even changed the SD card volume name (not a simple rename with F2), but with a tool, to reflect the original SD card ... also, several people reported it was important to have 64Kb file allocation on the FAT32 formatted card, but I've proved that irrelevant on more than one occasion ...
osx
(Donor 2022)
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: GSA X
BX 1.6
C5 X7 Auto
C5 X7x2 Manual

Post by osx »

vborovic wrote:Very important update regarding the RT6 and the matrix display navigation details, visible in the related post in this topic: http://www.frenchcarforum.co.uk/forum/v ... 75#p408575" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

OT: Where's Sticky to hand me some cider, I could use some of that stuff right now ... :D
Well done! Now I can also go ahead with the upgrade. Got the HD screen at the moment and was thinking of giving it a try with the RT4 until the RT6 arrives.
C5 X7 Exclusive 2.0 HDi Auto
C5 X7 Exclusive 2.0 HDi Manual
Homer
My Cars: Current:
Volvo V60 D4 180

Previous:
BX16RS (two of),
BX19TZI,
Xantia 2.0i saloon,
Xantia 2.0 Exclusive CT turbo Break,
Peugeot 807 2.0 HDi 110,
Renault Grand Scenic, 2.0 diesel (150bhp)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi 160 which put me off French cars possibly forever

Post by Homer »

Hi, hope you don't mind me hijacking this thread but since it's the font of all knowledge on the RNEG unit that exists on the entire internet....

I have a 2010 C5 VTR+ (back to a proper car and a Citroen after a couple of buses from those other two French manufacturers) with the RNEG head unit.

Now, the last two cars I've fitted an iPod connector which just plugs in the back of the head unit and pretends to be a CD changer, and we've gotten used to having it this way so I thought I'd do the same. So I picked up what I thought was the right unit and went to fit it figuring if it wasn't right then the connector would be different and if the connector was the same and it still wasn't right the worst that could happen is it wouldn't work and I'd have to take it off again. So I pulled out the head unit and spotted the C connector on the Fakra connector was the perfect match (and with 20:20 hindsight of course it was). It just had one brown wire in a position not being used by the iPod box connector I wanted to fit. So I figured I'd just pull that and stick it in the new connector and I'd be sorted. Which I did, then tried turning the ignition on and was met with just a flicker of life from the screen as if it was vainly trying to wake up but couldn't.

So pulled the iPod connector off quick and stuck the wire back in the old one, put it all together and still dead.

The head unit is in a local car audio place to be looked at to see if it can be repaired, if not then hopefully I can get one 2nd hand (I know, along with some hens teeth and a bucket of rocking horse poop).

But anyway, my question is this single (brown) wire on part C of the Fakra connector. Does anyone now what it is for, but more importantly can someone double check that it should be in position 12 because I'm seriously doubting my ability to even transfer one connector from one block to another. :|

And that's the last time I try to be clever with car electrics, I'll stick to building PCs, much simpler.
Homer
My Cars: Current:
Volvo V60 D4 180

Previous:
BX16RS (two of),
BX19TZI,
Xantia 2.0i saloon,
Xantia 2.0 Exclusive CT turbo Break,
Peugeot 807 2.0 HDi 110,
Renault Grand Scenic, 2.0 diesel (150bhp)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi 160 which put me off French cars possibly forever

Post by Homer »

After some more searching I came across the installation instructions for the official USB box (9702 EZ), which works with the RNEG and other head units. These instructions detail the transfer of the brown wire to the new connector and confirm it is pin 12.
vborovic
Locked user account

Post by vborovic »

Not to be a smart ass (at least until I recheck the wiring diagrams), but did you disconnect the battery before doing any wire work on your unit? If you didn't, not impossible that a stray short appeared, and hit something electrical ... you didn't mention the fuses, but did you check all of them are still intact and working?
vborovic
Locked user account

Post by vborovic »

I'd try running a diag with everything in place as is with a Lexia/DiagBox, maybe a useful error will pop out ... as for the wiring, I've checked the CD part of the Fakra connector, and the pins are as follows:

pins 1, 2, 4, 7, 8 & 10 are used for CD changer connection
pin 12 is wired to the IC91 connection point (BSI panel) and from there (if I followed the diagrams correctly) it communicates with the airbag computer (also related to the SOS function)

EDIT: When I pulled the USB BOX from my car, I never returned the 12th pin wire in place (not that it was present with the USB BOX being connected to the CD changer as well), and the car worked with no issues. Can't remember if there is an internal RNEG fuse (when you take the top cover off), maybe it went out
KP
My Cars:

Post by KP »

There's a small 5 or 10amp fuse where the connector is on the rear of the units.

If the unit has failed finding another could be fun as they are generally sold as sets.
vborovic
Locked user account

Post by vborovic »

KP wrote:If the unit has failed finding another could be fun as they are generally sold as sets.
Not really, if you know where to look ... :D ...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RNEG-Harman-B ... 1e9d41bef8" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... roughly 200 GBP w/o shipping
KP
My Cars:

Post by KP »

Ahhh I asked a while ago and he didn't have any left :)
Makes you wonder where all the screens and cables have gone for them!