A french Ax GT

A forum for new members to introduce themselves to the rabble already onboard. Not compulsory!
Tell us a little about yourself, lie if you have to but keep it to just an introduction, not a car discussion.

Moderator: RichardW

jspben91
New User
My Cars:

A french Ax GT

Post by jspben91 »

Hi, my name is Benoit and i’m 20 yrs old. I’m a french owner of a Citroen AX GT mk I full stock, 5 doors, TU3S engine. It’s been more than a year that i own the car and it’s a real pleasure.

I’m registered on the « axsport.org », the french forum for all the AX Sport, GT & GTi.

I come here because i have a project : i want to move out in ireland for one year, maybe more (with my AX of course).

After few researches, I know that Taxes (VRT…) must be paid for driving in Ireland, and there are some « exceptions ». I don’t understand what i will have to paid, and if my license plate remain to be changed…

The irish AX community seems to be well developed, so could you give more information please regarding what I have to do ?

Thanks

Sorry for my poor english ^^
TDCC

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQ_U84H6xuU" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Re: A french Ax GT

Post by CitroJim »

Welcome Benoit :-D

I trust you find out the information you need... There are a few Irish members on here who I'm sure will be happy to assist.

It may be a good idea to post specifically asking for the information you need in a new post.
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
citronut
My Cars:

Re: A french Ax GT

Post by citronut »

hi and welcome

i just did a goooogly search on importing a car from France to Ireland and here is one result that came up

http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/mo ... ireland.ht" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

if its the same as in UK main land ,
i think you are allowed to drive a car on foreign plates for a year, also likewise your driving license,

obviously it could be different in Ireland
Regards, malcolm.

current ride a BX 1.7 TZD estate
1986 MK1 BX 1.9na D Auto(in Mothman Andy's stable )
layed up roppy 1.9TD XANT estate, now gone to meet her maker
purple and lilac metalic 2CV(VIOLET)registered to her in doors
1972 DS special been layed up aprox 31 years