Changes To Your Forum Account Settings - *Please Read*

Forum News, Announcements and any issues you're having with the forum

Moderator: myglaren

CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Changes To Your Forum Account Settings - *Please Read*

Post by CitroJim »

If you require any changes to be made to your forum account settings, please only PM such requests to the admins or if you have no access to the forum for any reason, use only the admin contact link on the forum . DO NOT email such requests direct to the forum email address. Any so received will be ignored.

Remember password resets, providing your registered email address is valid, do not need admin involvement. You can do that yourselves.

The reason is that scam emails have been received apparently from active members requesting a password reset due to a change/rebuild of a computer...

Luckily we spotted this scam immediately and no harm has been done. It does mean however that perfectly legitimate requests will now be carefully scrutinised and we may request additional information to verify you are who you say you are...

Sorry, don't blame the admins, blame the scammers for once again eroding trust.
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
sparksie
(Donor 2016)
My Cars:

Re: Changes To Your Forum Account Settings - *Please Read*

Post by sparksie »

This is interesting.
I've had several periods of difficulty logging in to the forum.
I've had to reset my password a number of times, to regain access, having had my existing one not recognised.
I figured I might have gotten mixed up once, or even twice (getting on a bit and all!), but not several times in a few weeks.
Then, mysteriously, the problem went away.
Could it be that this was related?
Sparksie

2000 Xantia 1.9TurboD
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Hi Sparksie,

No, I don't think your issues are connected with this as I cannot recall seeing any emails from anyone claiming to be you seeking any password resets..

I cannot explain your issues though. If it happens again, let us know along with the exact circumstances...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
daviemck2006
(Donor 2020)
My Cars: Far too many good ones to remember. Many BL, Vauxhall, Ford, Renault, Citroen, Peugeot, and now VAG

Post by daviemck2006 »

How is it that it doesn't matter how many times I have marked this thread read it keeps coming back as unread?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
Skoda Karoq 1.6tdi 2018
Citroen relay camper 2012
In the family
Seat Leon 1.5tsi tourer 2019 daughter 1
C1 vtr+ 2010 daughter 2
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

Because it's so important you read it Davie! :wink:
Jim

PeteEd
Locked user account

Post by PeteEd »

If you mark the thread as read with Tapatalk it will stop reappearing.