My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Re: C5 X7 2-in-1 navigation tutorial

Post by myglaren »

I wonder if the low voltage applied is to detect blown bulbs even when the lights are not on? Youngest daughter's SAAB always knew when there was a bulb out.

Can't see why it should operate when ignition is off but if you have "See me home" headlights then that may come into it.
Stickyfinger
(Donor 2016)
My Cars: Xantia V6 ACTIVA 3ltr 24v Manual p1
Xm 2.1TD Ph2 Exclusive
AX, little Daffodil
SAXO White Mk1. Sally

Post by Stickyfinger »

myglaren wrote:I wonder if the low voltage applied is to detect blown bulbs even when the lights are not on? Youngest daughter's SAAB always knew when there was a bulb out.

Can't see why it should operate when ignition is off but if you have "See me home" headlights then that may come into it.
My car does not tell me any bulb has blown.....I never knew till last week there are tail lights in the tailgate as well .....both had blown and I thought they were fog lamps :)

OK, LEDs now in the following:

Gate rear tail lights, Number plate, Fogs, wing tail lights.........all have a tiny glow but it goes off with the BSI (I presume)

I also herein declair, I will not sit in traffic with the peddle down and fogs on..(except if you drive an AUDI)
Alasdair
Activa, the Moose Rider
3x C5x7 Steering racks and counting
old-un77
My Cars: Renault 14...now skyward
Renault 19.. skyward also..
'03 Xsara 1.8 Picasso in silver met his maker
'06 Desire, again in silver also gonn to metal heaven

Post by old-un77 »

'yep James that was the thinking, especially as the bulbs also had the "shock" of the switch operation.......

btw on the subject of lightbulbs blowing, a "bad" battery on startup I believe can cause a high voltage from the alternator and while in this state turning on the lights can cause premature bulb failure, so starting up with sidelights on might help the lamps to cope.

Bob
osx
(Donor 2022)
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: GSA X
BX 1.6
C5 X7 Auto
C5 X7x2 Manual

Post by osx »

Going back to your opening post, how do you remove the plastic cover to get access to the screen? I think there are 3 screws under the silver trim but how do I remove that?

One other think I discovered while having a look at the configuration tools is that you can change the orientation of the screen without having to change cables etc. There is an option to rotate the screen in mirascripts
C5 X7 Exclusive 2.0 HDi Auto
C5 X7 Exclusive 2.0 HDi Manual
vborovic
Locked user account
My Cars: A used Citroen

Post by vborovic »

The trim just has to be unhooked, it has 5 clips, starting from any side (I always pick the one where the screen is), and then you insert the plastic tool, and pop the trim plastic up ... you'll find the torx screws (T-20 I believe) underneath ... unscrew them, and then, once again starting from the screen side, you'll need to pop the cover plastic up ... careful with the hazard lights button, it will need to be unhooked from the cable before fully removing the cover from the dash ... that option indeed exists, but I wanted a "normal" solution, without making software changes, which are related to the pop-up/tilt screens (like 308, 3008 etc, they should be the ones that are actually rotated by 180, since the hooking and cabling is in a different place than on fixed versions) ...
osx
(Donor 2022)
BX 1.6
C5 X7 Auto
C5 X7x2 Manual

Post by osx »

What plastic tool and do I need to insert it at a specific spot?

Found this video
" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
vborovic
Locked user account

Post by vborovic »

Something like this, I avoid using metal tool on plastic/trim parts:

The video is good, you just have to get the grey plastic to unclip at the start, and then it is much easier (although not as easy with fingers like in the video, probably those clips were hooked/unhooked a lot of times) .. the clip points on the dash portion are visible as rectangular slots
osx
(Donor 2022)
BX 1.6
C5 X7 Auto
C5 X7x2 Manual

Post by osx »

It wasn't that easy but with some lubrication it will be much easier next time. Wanted to find out the exact model and specs of the screen and see compatible alternatives with higher resolution, contrast etc. An IPS panel would be ideal.
The Ace
My Cars: Citroen C5 1.6THP Prestige
Ford Fiesta 1.0Ecoboost Titanium

Post by The Ace »

Just to be sure that I have exhausted my options: my C5 is equipped with the RNEG/MyWay navi, and the plain audio reverse system (with just two radars, as far as I can tell ? I thought it was supposed to have 4 radars in the rear bumper). It also has the audio RCA connectors in the glove compartment, but no video input or USB connector. I wanted to add a backup camera as well as USB Connection to the RNEG.

For the backup camera and the video input, I have come to the conclusion that you cannot actually connect an external video source to the RNEG, correct ? So, since my C5 has the plain rear-view mirror, I purchased an electrochromatic (Auto-dimming) rearview mirror with an integrated 3,5" LCD screen and dual video inputs (one active for the rear camera and one passive for an external source), and am thinking of routing the additional video input to the glove compartment. Are the above correct, or I could have done all this with the RNEG (I would still need the autodimming mirror though)....

For the USB connection, I decided to go with the latest Yatour, since the original USB-BOX costs about 4 times as much and doesn't offer any additional functionality. However, I would like to know whether it's possible to route the USB cable to the arm-rest, or should I leave the Yatour in the glove compartment and be done with it ?

I am also in the process of trying to find the best solution to add tablets/DVDs/LCDs on the headrests, these were invaluable for keeping the small ones entertained in my previous CX7....
Xantippa
My Cars: Now:
C5 X7 HDi 240 Exclusive Tourer
ZOE 22kwh Intense
Before:
C4 1,6 Coupe Automatic
C5 X7 HDi136 Exclusive Sedan A
Xantia HDi110 Berline
Xantia 1,8SX Berline

Post by Xantippa »

Remember that Yatour has limited folder structure for your usb-media. I think it´s not very useful if you have to put your music files to six folders named CD1...CD6 and amount of music is limited only 99 files per folder.
vborovic
Locked user account

Post by vborovic »

The RNEG screen isn't compatible with any video input device on the market, so there is hardly any way you'll be able to display something other then the RNEG data on it (that's why I switched to the RT6, among other reasons) ... how did you reach the conclusion you have only 2, not 4, sensors in the back? I don't know about Yatour, but Dension makes some good audio input (USB/BT) devices as well (but, again, since it is RNEG, limited compatibility, in terms of displaying the song/track names etc.)
vborovic
Locked user account

Post by vborovic »

Like Xantippa said, the total file limit exists (even for the genuine USB BOX), that is due to the RNEG software only being able to follow up to 99 tracks per CD/6 CDs total (each audio box is basically a virtual CD changer, if we're talking about solutions which make use of the wheel buttons)
The Ace

Post by The Ace »

I know that the stock USB Box has the same limitations as the Yatour, that's why I went with the Yatour, since the USB Box doesn't offer anything more in terms of compatibility or functionality. I knew the limitations already, I have prepared a couple of flash sticks and SD cards with 6 folders and 99 tracks each 8-)

As for the sensors, I see that the central two are different in color and shape that the two in the edges of the bumper, that's why I'm guessing the two at the edges are probably taps...
vborovic
Locked user account

Post by vborovic »

Can't you test them, when you put the car in reverse, you should get the rear angle detection displayed, no? I never heard of such a combination on the X7, either the outer sensors have been disconnected for some reason (due to a fault in the wires no one figured out the cause), or maybe the middle ones are actually removed (does your car have a tail tow bar mounted - or had one in the past)?

In that case, I'd suggest you get yourself a USB hub with on/off buttons ... that way you could have a number of sticks plugged in, and only have to switch one on/off when you want it played ... I have this in my car (not seen heavy usage so far, but it works):

The Ace

Post by The Ace »

My C5 only has an audio backup parking system, without any visual feedback on the dashboard, I'm not sure if this is some sort of basic Citroen package or an aftermarket one :?:
No there is nothing installed (like a tow bar) in the rear...