Forum Bank Account Closure

Forum News, Announcements and any issues you're having with the forum

Moderator: myglaren

CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Forum Bank Account Closure

Post by CitroJim »

Some five years ago now I opened a bank account for the BXC and FCF when it was anticipated the forums would have to be commercially hosted and regular payments and fundraising would be required to meet the costs.

Thankfully that never happened and since then the forums have enjoyed free hosting and very low running costs. As a result the forum bank account is now serving no useful purpose and is proving to be an administrative headache in some respects.

The account will therefore be closed in the next few weeks.

Currently a number of members are paying small contributions into the account on a monthly basis. I should be grateful now if those members could please brings those contributions to a close and advise me when that has been done please. I do not want to formally close the account until all regular payments into it have ceased.

I should like to take this opportunity to say a big and grateful thank you to all members who have contributed over the years either via regular payments or one-off payments. It has been very much appreciated.

Those who wish to contribute to forum running costs can still do so via the forum PayPal account. This can be found at forumfund (at) bxclub.co.uk. Any contributions so made will be acknowledged.

Currently, between the PayPal account and the Bank Account the forum has funds exceeding £400. These are tucked away in a savings account. With our current arrangements this is enough to keep the forums going for another four years at least as our only real costs are domain registrations, the occasional small piece of hardware and subscriptions to our email host.

The funds held in the name of the forums are audited on a weekly basis by an independent treasurer.

Thank you.
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Peter.N.
Moderating Team
My Cars: Currently:

C5 X7 VTR + Satnav Hdi estate Silver
C5 X7 VTR + Hdi Estate 2008 Red

In the past: 3, CX td Safaris and about 7, XM td estates. Lovely cars.

Re: Forum Bank Account Closure

Post by Peter.N. »

Thanks for all your good work Jim and the others of course, you run a very useful and friendly forum.

Peter
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

superloopy wrote:Jim ... i have a 'yearly' standing order ... closedown?
Yes please Mike.

And many thanks for all the donations to date!
Peter.N. wrote:Thanks for all your good work Jim and the others of course, you run a very useful and friendly forum.
Thank you Peter, very kind words but it’s not just me. There's a whole team behind this forum :)
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Trainman
(Donor 2018)
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: 2008 C6 2.7 Exclusive in Mativoire Beige with Vitali Leather.
2019 C5 1.6 Aircross Flair+ in Platinum Grey with Claudia Rimini Leather
2017 1.6HDi Berlingo Van - the works van

Post by Trainman »

CitroJim wrote: it’s not just me. There's a whole team behind this forum :)
Agreed =D> so thank you to you all. =D> =D> =D>
Steve

2008 C6 2.7 Exclusive in Mativoire Beige with Vitali Leather.
2019 C5 1.6 Aircross Flair+ in Platinum Grey with Claudia Rimini Leather

http://c6owners.org/index.php
Homer
My Cars: Current:
Volvo V60 D4 180

Previous:
BX16RS (two of),
BX19TZI,
Xantia 2.0i saloon,
Xantia 2.0 Exclusive CT turbo Break,
Peugeot 807 2.0 HDi 110,
Renault Grand Scenic, 2.0 diesel (150bhp)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi 160 which put me off French cars possibly forever

Post by Homer »

Oops, missed this.

DD cancelled.
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

Thanks Homer :-D
Jim