Hi Everyone

A forum for new members to introduce themselves to the rabble already onboard. Not compulsory!
Tell us a little about yourself, lie if you have to but keep it to just an introduction, not a car discussion.

Moderator: RichardW

pauldarbyshire
My Cars:

Hi Everyone

Post by pauldarbyshire »

Hi all my name is Paul and I'm new to this forum. I drive a 2003 Citroen Xsara Picasso Exclusive, I like talking to people and hopefully make new and great friends. I enjoy getting my hands dirty when it comes to car repairs but I do ask for help and advice before I try to do any repairs. I live in Somerset and am a Manchester United supporter, I have a good sense of humour and do enjoy a good laugh.
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Re: Hi Everyone

Post by CitroJim »

Welcome Paul :-D

What part of Somerset? I was born and brought up in Langport although not lived there for nearly 40 years now. Still got rellies there and visit every few weeks...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
pauldarbyshire
My Cars:

Post by pauldarbyshire »

Hi CitroJim thankyou for being my first person to have the pleasure to talk to, I live in Yeovil. :)
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Excellent :-D

Not so far away then, are you a true local Paul?

By that I mean born and brought up there :wink: :)
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
pauldarbyshire
My Cars:

Post by pauldarbyshire »

Unfortunately no im not a true local as I was born in Manchester but due to my dad changing jobs we moved from Manchester to Bridgewater in 1972. Lived in the south west since 1972.
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

pauldarbyshire wrote:Unfortunately no im not a true local as I was born in Manchester but due to my dad changing jobs we moved from Manchester to Bridgewater in 1972. Lived in the south west since 1972.
That's local enough for me Paul :-D It's a bit like me. I've been up here for the past 39 years and I'm nearly regarded as a local now :lol:

I know Bridgewater extremely well. We used to shop there when I was a kid and passed through many times on the way to Blue Anchor near Minehead where we had a caravan by the seaside. Happy days 8-)

Latterly my mum was in a nursing home in Bridgewater...
Jim

pauldarbyshire
My Cars:

Post by pauldarbyshire »

Used to visit Burnham On Sea a lot when I was younger loved playing in the sand dunes. My mum used to work at Bridgewater Hospital and my dad was stationed at Bridgewater Police Station. Used to live on Bristol Road and every year watched the carnival outside The Cross Rifles pub. :)
Eddie Nuff
New User
My Cars:

Post by Eddie Nuff »

Hang on! You were born in Manchester and you support Man Utd?

Is that allowed??????
Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023
My Cars: C5 Mk2 VTX+ estate.

Re:

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

Eddie Nuff wrote:Hang on! You were born in Manchester and you support Man Utd?

Is that allowed??????
Yes, provided you also move out of Manchester. There are (apparently) only 3 known Man U supporters living within the M60.
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Yes, I am paranoid, but am I paranoid ENOUGH?
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!
pauldarbyshire
My Cars:

Re:

Post by pauldarbyshire »

Is that allowed??????
Hi Eddie yeah its allowed but very rare
pauldarbyshire
My Cars:

Re: Re:

Post by pauldarbyshire »

Hell Razor5543 wrote:

Is that allowed??????
Yes, provided you also move out of Manchester. There are (apparently) only 3 known Man U supporters living within the M60.

Haha nice one. I was the 4th until we moved many years ago
NewcastleFalcon

Post by NewcastleFalcon »

Hi Paul

Everyone has a first car most of them not even French, but that doesn't stop the FCF having a good conversation about them :)

Have a browse through this thread Nostalgia-car tales and pictures-first cars...

and just join in :!:

Its in the "French Car Chat" section on the Forum

regards Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
pauldarbyshire
My Cars:

Post by pauldarbyshire »

NewcastleFalcon wrote:Hi Paul

Everyone has a first car most of them not even French, but that doesn't stop the FCF having a good conversation about them :)

Have a browse through this thread Nostalgia-car tales and pictures-first cars...

and just join in :!:

Its in the "French Car Chat" section on the Forum

regards Neil
Thankyou Neil