CCC National Rally 2014

A place to discuss any upcoming meets, club rallies and general get togethers.

Moderator: RichardW

daviemck2006
(Donor 2020)
My Cars: Far too many good ones to remember. Many BL, Vauxhall, Ford, Renault, Citroen, Peugeot, and now VAG

Re: CCC National Rally 2014

Post by daviemck2006 »

CitroJim wrote:
Citroening wrote:
CitroJim wrote:Do you want to buy a nice V6 XM?
A very nice XM it is too...! :lol: :wink:
That wasn't the right answer Franklin :lol:
It's a good one tho =D> :-D :lol:
Skoda Karoq 1.6tdi 2018
Citroen relay camper 2012
In the family
Seat Leon 1.5tsi tourer 2019 daughter 1
C1 vtr+ 2010 daughter 2
daviemck2006
(Donor 2020)
My Cars: Far too many good ones to remember. Many BL, Vauxhall, Ford, Renault, Citroen, Peugeot, and now VAG

Post by daviemck2006 »

My plans for this are now all made. From here to carluke (my sisters) via Davids to pick up the bits needing transported on Thursday. Leave Carluke app 5am Saturday morning for the national. Staying in a bed and brekkie in Peterborough Saturday night. This is due to the fact if I spend a night sleeping on an airbed in a tent after an early start and 303 miles driving and a day going about I am liable to die on Sunday, and we don't really want that! Well I don't and thats good enough for me!!!!!!! Then an easy 3hr run to my folks in county Durham on Sunday evening, staying there for an unspecified time before home via Kennys with his wing. It's a pity its not two wings, I shall be flying a bit lopsided with only one,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Skoda Karoq 1.6tdi 2018
In the family
C1 vtr+ 2010 daughter 2
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Fits in nicely with my plans Davie :-D

That's going to be quite an adventure for you! Do enjoy and looking forward to seeing you on Saturday!
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
daviemck2006
(Donor 2020)

Post by daviemck2006 »

That only gives me tomorrow to clean the car, I've not done a thing today, suffering for doing too much yesterday. It will be a good weekend.
Skoda Karoq 1.6tdi 2018
In the family
C1 vtr+ 2010 daughter 2
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

An excellent day yesterday :) Lovely site for a rally and weather absolutely perfect.. Had a lovely trip up and back in the Activa and the gearbox has been collected and is safely back here now.

I'll be briefly there today in the V6, around lunch'ish...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Trainman
(Donor 2018)
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: 2008 C6 2.7 Exclusive in Mativoire Beige with Vitali Leather.
2019 C5 1.6 Aircross Flair+ in Platinum Grey with Claudia Rimini Leather
2017 1.6HDi Berlingo Van - the works van

Post by Trainman »

Here's a couple of Pictures from over the weekend.....

Steve

2008 C6 2.7 Exclusive in Mativoire Beige with Vitali Leather.
2019 C5 1.6 Aircross Flair+ in Platinum Grey with Claudia Rimini Leather

http://c6owners.org/index.php
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

It was a good rally Steve, one of the better Nationals in my opinion. Shame my time there on both days were necessarily limited by events...

Those events involved an XM being sadly written off in an accident on the M6 on the way to the rally. I'm happy to say the driver, passenger and a boxful of XM 25th Anniversary mugs were absolutely unscathed but the XM was badly squashed.

A replacement XM was bought at the rally from the person who bought my V6 XM. Much travelling was conducted between the rally site and where my V6 was in order to view and then collect...

I bought my present Activa at a National back in 2008 I think it was...

For that reason this year's National will be remembered for a very long time.

I thought the venue was excellent. I'm told the on-site farm shop was good. I'd be happy to see the rally there in future years..
Jim

BW
My Cars: Xantia V6
2cv Special

Post by BW »

I too thought it was really good, and hope to get back next year.
a few photos:

1985 2cv
2000 Xantia V6