Don't Know Why?

A forum for new members to introduce themselves to the rabble already onboard. Not compulsory!
Tell us a little about yourself, lie if you have to but keep it to just an introduction, not a car discussion.

Moderator: RichardW

CitroenPete

Don't Know Why?

Post by CitroenPete »

For some strange reason I've become a citronite, if that's a word... let me explain.

Past to present.......

BX19 Automatic :- Bought it to tow a caravan. What a donkey! If you wanted to overtake someone you had to send them a letter a week in advance to give them prior warning! Comfy seats though, like driving a setee, and about as fast.

Xantia 1.8 SX :- Cor what a looker, dashboard lit up at night like a Eurofighter cockpit. Bought it dead cheap with just over 100k on it with a full service history. Imagine going from Eeyore to Elegance.

Synergie 1.9SX :- Oh what a beauty, red with light trim and false wood on all the plastic bits, even a main dealer didn't know where they came from. Car dealer wanted 6k for it with 109k on the clock, friend of mine said that he'd have at least a grand to drop, conversation went something like this....
"So what will you take for it"
"6 Grand?"
"Yeah, but for cash"
"6 Grand!"
"Okay, I'm leaving"
"Goodbye"
"You'll want my phone number then...if you change your mind"
"Your not getting this, it's 6 Grand take it or leave it"

I took it and them some ruddy kid ran into the back while I was stopped, turning right at a junction. His mum said later that his dad had said that your not a real driver until you've had your first crash....won't tell you what I said.

Synergie 1.9SX :- Well why wouldn't you.... a car...a bus...a van...campervan...skip...brilliant... and now it's dead, please help... if you can (see posting)
CitroenPete

Re: Don't Know Why?

Post by CitroenPete »

Oh just forgot, we've also got a 2006 C4 1.6HDi VTR+. Viewed the car at dusk on a winters evening... Wasn't that impressed...Then he turned on the ignition... lit up like a Eurofighter again... Cheesy grin on face...Damn those lights....
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Re: Don't Know Why?

Post by CitroJim »

Welcome Pete :-D

Hope the Synergie is soon sorted...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...