Xantia from Gunness

A forum for new members to introduce themselves to the rabble already onboard. Not compulsory!
Tell us a little about yourself, lie if you have to but keep it to just an introduction, not a car discussion.

Moderator: RichardW

mardybum
My Cars:

Xantia from Gunness

Post by mardybum »

Well, as Truman said in the film, Good morning, and in case I don't see ya, good afternoon, good evening, and good night!

Recently taken ownership of a 2000 W plated Xantia 2.0 HDi Saloon, in a fetching Green. At the moment she's a lovely low mileage example that was owned by an elderly couple, and was maintained to a very high standard, using main dealer parts throughout.

Serviced every year without fail, more paperwork included in the sale than I can recall ever having in my 60 odd car history.

The main reason for purchase was to save it from the scrap heap after Citroën stopped production of the spares needed to keep her on the road. Requiring little more than an hydraulic hose replacing, I set to work and she runs a treat now.

Should anyone need a power steering repair kit, I now manufacture them,it was impossible finding a company that could supply anything that would fit. Many of them saying they couldn't do the quite simple flare on the kunifer pipe!

Sent from my Windows Phone 8X by HTC using Tapatalk
Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023
My Cars: C5 Mk2 VTX+ estate.

Re: Xantia from Gunness

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

Welcome aboard the forum. Happy spannering, and thanks for your offer of assistance.
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Yes, I am paranoid, but am I paranoid ENOUGH?
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!