Hi everyone, you can guess why I am here hehehe

A forum for new members to introduce themselves to the rabble already onboard. Not compulsory!
Tell us a little about yourself, lie if you have to but keep it to just an introduction, not a car discussion.

Moderator: RichardW

southern driver
My Cars:

Hi everyone, you can guess why I am here hehehe

Post by southern driver »

hi. this is a spaniard guy, living in Norway and very fan of everything with engine, and yes I would not ever find you if I am guessing would not be in troubles, I am pretty sure I will find many interesting stuff for this issue I am on right now and following, I own a 02 citroen c5 2.2 hdi automatic and the last term is the one worrying me, but let's start reading, I could find some solution before to ask for some stupid or obvius question, greetings :)
Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023
My Cars: C5 Mk2 VTX+ estate.

Re: Hi everyone, you can guess why I am here hehehe

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

Welcome to the FCF. I am not (personally) able to advise you on the gearbox, but addo almost certain can and will, once he reads your post.
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Yes, I am paranoid, but am I paranoid ENOUGH?
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!
southern driver
My Cars:

Well, after many days reading here and all the net, I know more or less what I have to do, the box is leaking,i think that's the main problem, low level, it has mobil atf 320, so wrong too, with around 5000 km, the only suitable oil is Mobil lt71141, it is recorded on my memory now forever, the box was working fine until in a parking, setting the return speed, the car just jump, first time I stopped the engine,start again and all seemed right, just continue, the second time I started to worry about, the same but the section about transmission in the front panel started warning, as well the lcd on the console, i don't know the exact terms for them, my english sucks, after that the car is in the parking waiting for my decision, all right until the leakings point, is it worthy repair the box? or just knowing about it check level really often,and refill, if I have to repair...I can do it, I am heavy equipment driver and used to deal these issues with, the problem is, place,time...tools maybe..Norway is crazy about prices, so I don't even think about a repairing garage even less official service, lexia 3 coming, and not easy to find the oil, I am checking ebay http://www.ebay.com/bhp/esso-lt-71141" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; but only brands with label "equivalent" some advise of first hand would be appreciated, thanks
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

Look at BEN82's posts. He sourced LT71141 here in England and had it delivered to Sweden at a fairly reasonable cost.
southern driver
My Cars:

myglaren wrote:Look at BEN82's posts. He sourced LT71141 here in England and had it delivered to Sweden at a fairly reasonable cost.
Thanks, I'm coming :-D
southern driver
My Cars:

Product Quantity Sub Total:
Mobil ATF LT 71141 Automatic Transmission Fluid -1 Litre
SKU: 00092049
8 £69.92

Goods Net: £69.92
Carriage Net: £24.00
Sub Total: £93.92
VAT: £0.00
Total: £93.92
Opie Oils :-D
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

Yep, expensive stuff.
If you are likely to be doing several changes, which is what it will need if it has never been done previously or has been contaminated then it may be more cost effective to buy in bulk.
Here's a possibility if they will send it to you at a reasonable cost. Also you may need to factor in import duties and taxes.

May be worth contacting this supplier for a quote too.

Weigh that against the price you will pay in Norway.
southern driver
My Cars:

Postage and packaging
Item location: Carshalton, United Kingdom
Postage to: United Kingdom
Excludes: Channel Islands, Isle of Wight, Isle of Man, Scilly Isles, Scottish Highlands, Scottish Islands, Northern Ireland
Change country:
This item doesn't post to Norway
VAT price: 20.0% (included in the listed price).
If you have questions about this VAT, please contact the seller. The actual VAT requirements and rates may vary depending on the final sale.

Interesting supplier for the 20 liters container, but... the another one from Turkey doesn't show any prices,email inquiring information sent already, thanks, everything is useful and of course wellcome