Hello all from a Citroën Acadiane driver

A forum for new members to introduce themselves to the rabble already onboard. Not compulsory!
Tell us a little about yourself, lie if you have to but keep it to just an introduction, not a car discussion.

Moderator: RichardW

harvestmouse

Hello all from a Citroën Acadiane driver

Post by harvestmouse »

Just joined the forum, so thought that it would be polite to say hello before posting any questions.

Currently have a 1982 Citroën Acadiane van, pulled out of someone's barn after 2 years and then driven 40 miles home.

Am in the process of finishing the necessary repairs. Has been repainted. Did lots of welding (with an arc welder - how i wished that i had a mig) and fortunately the electrics and everything else, except the seats, are fine.

Will post some photos in the near future. Any tips on how to post them would be appreciated. Do they have to be posted on another site first, like photobucket? It's probably not rocket science.

This is my third Citroën. First was a BX19 diesel. The worst car I have owned in my entire life. And I've had about 80. Horrible. Second was a 1987 2CV6. I do miss it sometimes. Don't think that it has moved from the garage of the people who bought it 5 years ago, so maybe i can recuperate it one day.

Am happy to chat about anything made before 1975. Ideal car would be a DS23 Pallas in black. Or an SM maybe.

That's it for now. Please feel free to have a look at my questions when I post them - how to fit the front bumper (yes, I know it was me who removed it and forgot to make notes) and "where do these bits go?" i.e. I've put the vehicle back together but have some bits left over. Not the usual spare bolts.
Citroenmad
My Cars: 07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
07 Citroen C5 HDi VTR - Red
09 Citroen C3 1.4i VTR - Silver
01 Citroen Saxo 1.1i Forte - Mango Orange
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10

Re: Hello all from a Citroën Acadiane driver

Post by Citroenmad »

Hello, welcome to the FCF! :)

An Acadiane, a rare thing. Looking forward to some pictures.
Chris
07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
07 Citroen C5 HDi VTR - Red
09 Citroen C3 1.4i VTR - Silver
01 Citroen Saxo 1.1i Forte - Mango Orange
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10
D.Kaye

Post by D.Kaye »

I always wanted an Acadiane, where maybe in the future when things improve, but a friend got me into them where he had restored and was running a 1952 Fourgonette of which he took around Europe only for it to be destroyed in the UK on the return home in the snow where a policeman apparently skilled in arctic driving lost control of the car and scrapped my friend's beloved van, where now it's a donor vehicle for my friend's latest acquisition- yeah another Fourgonette this one even older.

But I like Acadianes and having restored a 1955 Land-Rover and a 1977 VW Transporter, well it's logical an Acadiane is next where I tend to keep vehicles a long time and use them thoroughly where I am always sad to see my vehicles go when they have to
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

Welcome both of you (not you, Chris :twisted: )

For posting pictures, there is a guide here.
Photobucket etc. is fine but on the recommendation of our member Ben82 I have found that Imgur is a very pleasant photohost.
harvestmouse

Post by harvestmouse »

Have posted on Imgur - very easy, thank you - but when I posted the link on here (I used the 'forum / message board' link) it posted a huge version of only the left hand side of the photo. So I removed it.

Any tips?
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

As you upload there are resizing options but I generally post the thumbnail option, then members can see roughly what it is and if they wish for a larger image they can click on it for full size. Helps to reduce bandwidth usage too.
harvestmouse

Post by harvestmouse »

harvestmouse

Post by harvestmouse »

Thanks Myglaren. These are the thumbnail images, as you suggested. Smallest option available. Hope it's ok. It gives an idea of how much one can dismantle one of these.

I didn't touch the engine or gearbox (if it works, don't fix it...) or suspension, but everything else has been repaired or changed for new. The new windscreen was fitted in five minutes! Measured the centre of the screen, top and bottom, plus the same on the bodywork, to make sure it was 100% central, painted everything in washing up liquid, then used thick string soaked in more washing up liquid to pull the rubber over the bodywork. Was expecting at least half an hour, lots of rude words and the occasional tool being thrown, but the gods must have been smiling on me that day.

Update later. My question was going to be 'how to I fit the front bumper using these four bits of metal' but I have since learned how and it's on.
harvestmouse

Post by harvestmouse »

Here's a pic of the whole thing, as taken today.

Wheels are still to be painted: