Hello all

A forum for new members to introduce themselves to the rabble already onboard. Not compulsory!
Tell us a little about yourself, lie if you have to but keep it to just an introduction, not a car discussion.

Moderator: RichardW

brayling

Hello all

Post by brayling »

Hi all joined up as I've just purchased a 1982 Peugeot 104 sr, 59k factory electric windows and tin sun roof still has the original pioneer stereo to, looks to be in very good order but we shall see.
I'm collecting it tomorrow, what are these little "suitcase" engines like? It's a 1219cc, do they require more frequent oil changes due to the internal gears? How good is the mpg? (if running right).
Anyhow I'm looking forward to collecting it and driving it home the 100 miles.
The only other French car I have owned was a 1990 205 GTI which was awesome. I'm a bit of a BMW nut, but this little Pug caught my eye as a practical daily.
I'm sure I'll have some questions and will be on the hunt for some of those lovely citroen visa rims depending on rarity and price.

Tried to add a pic but board attachment quota has been reached?
I adjusted the size to?
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Re: Hello all

Post by myglaren »

Welcome to the FCF.
Can't give any enlightenment on the suitcase engine, had on in an R14 but that was long ago. Don't recall any problems other than the distributor committing suicide.

As for posting pictures, have a look at this guide.
brayling

Post by brayling »

Its not a BMW but I don't mind onions
brayling

Post by brayling »

Ta reminded me I had a photobucket account and pics look great nice and big!

brayling

Post by brayling »

Pug is pretty good, ran the 100 miles home no major issues did have to drive it on the choke, but fixed that and tweaked the carb when I got home. Its running well and in surprisingly good original condition, just needs a fault tracing on o/s rear indicator and a new washer motor/pump. The only unoriginal part is the gear knob, I did find the original under the drivers seat but its broken into 3. Also picked up a stone chip on the 303 bit of a shame but what can you do.
Pretty pleased, its a bit ugly and quirky to drive but should be cheap motoring with classic insurance, cheap tax and good mpg.