Hello everyone from Southwest Uk

A forum for new members to introduce themselves to the rabble already onboard. Not compulsory!
Tell us a little about yourself, lie if you have to but keep it to just an introduction, not a car discussion.

Moderator: RichardW

PugLover

Hello everyone from Southwest Uk

Post by PugLover »

Hi everyone :)
I'm a lass from down South who loves her Pugs! (I've owned nothing but Pugs!)

My Car history to present:
1st car: 205 1.8 DT in White
then I had a 205 1.8 DT in dark grey
then a 406 estate in china blue (still have this on the road as my daily drive, it's a 7 seater, 2.0 petty)
then a 406 estate executive in black, 2.2 HDi that I remapped to 180 - 296lbft torque @ 2000rpm! (just scrapped...)

and today I have just bought my project car that's in need of much love.
Exactly the same as my second 205 in colour and engine bar the turbo charger.
It's a ''style'' and there are now less than 300 on the roads I believe!

As I say she needs some major work doing, and as a woman who isn't scared to break a nail and gets stuck right in, I have a drive awaiting her transformation.
Exceptionally excited, nothing beats a 205 in my eyes, so what it's not a GTi, it's a 23 year old classic car, I plan to breath life into it and then take it to motor shows.
Unfortunately I let my Haynes go with the second 205 I sold so I plan to get another to help me along the way but I am sure most often than not I will trouble you guys for a bit of technical advice.

Off the top off my head I remember the fuel primer pump needs replacing, the rear axle needs doing too (seller has kindly included one in sale), and some touching up here and there.
It's a H reg, quite basic instrement panel, as a question would it be compatible to upgrade the dash? (My 205s were made to look like a GTi with the front spoiler etc and had a rev counter etc - is it possible to fit one of those into a basic 205 dash? Is it a job for the non faint hearted?
The speedometer cable needs replacing so I'm guessing it's a job to do at the same time as that?

As a woman is nearly 5 months pregnant I may have to rope in some friends to help with the rear axle but the rest... I am sure I can manage myself!
A baby on the way and I feel the need to take on a project car, my goodness!

Chat soon guys, so happy to be here :)
Citroen Synergie - 1.9 DT XUD9 TE lump (8 seater, daily driver)
Peugeot 406 ~ 2.0 Petrol estate (Sold in 2014, Missed every day.)
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Re: Hello everyone from Southwest Uk

Post by myglaren »

Welcome Sonia :welc:.
Two projects at once! Good luck with both of them.
Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023
My Cars: C5 Mk2 VTX+ estate.

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

Hello PugLover, and welcome aboard.

I hope that you don't mind, but there are a couple of shopping websites I look at for car parts. However, next Thursday Aldi are doing baby bits and bobs, so I have added the link to that page here;

https://www.aldi.co.uk/en/specialbuys/t ... h-january/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Good luck with both projects.
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Yes, I am paranoid, but am I paranoid ENOUGH?
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

hi and welcome

if the fuel primmer is the Purflux type with the button on top, i offer a repair service for these, as i bought some OE Purflux diaphragm overhaul kits,

i spoz you little one will pop out with grease under his/her fingernails :rofl2: :rofl2: :wink:
Regards, malcolm.

current ride a BX 1.7 TZD estate
1986 MK1 BX 1.9na D Auto(in Mothman Andy's stable )
layed up roppy 1.9TD XANT estate, now gone to meet her maker
purple and lilac metalic 2CV(VIOLET)registered to her in doors
1972 DS special been layed up aprox 31 years
PugLover

Post by PugLover »

citronut wrote:hi and welcome

if the fuel primmer is the Purflux type with the button on top, i offer a repair service for these, as i bought some OE Purflux diaphragm overhaul kits,

i spoz you little one will pop out with grease under his/her fingernails :rofl2: :rofl2: :wink:
Thanks everyone!
I don't know technical names and terms but it's one you push down with your palm to prime it up! I have no idea what the hell has happened to it but there is no black rubber and to be honest it looks like someone has bodged it along the way... Seller is including a new one in the sale but is unsure if it's compatible.. On first looks it looks compatible, though if not I will put up a picture of the original and see if you can repair it or not...

May or may not be relevant (seller says it is the primer, I would suspect something a bit more obvious, like the idle control valve if it has one etc) but on tick over after a few minutes it will struggle and eventually stall.....

Damn right the baby will be born holding the socket set for me, my two boys (7 and 9) always help by passing me tools, may take me 10 minutes to describe what I want to them but they are learning....... :)
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

PugLover wrote:
citronut wrote:hi and welcome

Thanks everyone!
I don't know technical names and terms but it's one you push down with your palm to prime it up! I have no idea what the hell has happened to it but there is no black rubber and to be honest it looks like someone has bodged it along the way
a bit like this one on ebay, but probably without the wire from the bottom

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PURFLUX-FUEL- ... 1e75f4692d" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
PugLover wrote: May or may not be relevant (seller says it is the primer, I would suspect something a bit more obvious, like the idle control valve if it has one etc) but on tick over after a few minutes it will struggle and eventually stall.....
usually if the primer diaphragm is shot the engine will not start, as you wont be able to get fuel up to the pump
PugLover wrote: Damn right the baby will be born holding the socket set for me, my two boys (7 and 9) always help by passing me tools, may take me 10 minutes to describe what I want to them but they are learning....... :)
just clonk them on the back of the head with the correct tool you asked for when they get it wrong :twisted: :yikes: :domo: :eye: :-D :wink: ,

they will soon learn
Regards, malcolm.

Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023
My Cars: C5 Mk2 VTX+ estate.

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

How can they learn what it is if it is behind their head where they cannot see it? What you do is to show them it in one hand while clipping them around the ear with the other hand! :-D :-D
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Yes, I am paranoid, but am I paranoid ENOUGH?
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!
PugLover

Post by PugLover »

Ha ha....... :)
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

Hell Razor5543 wrote: What you do is to show them it in one hand while clipping them around the ear with the other hand! :-D :-D
yes but this way it doesn't create an impression on the brain, or is that in the brain :yikes:
Regards, malcolm.