Dumela from South Africa!

A forum for new members to introduce themselves to the rabble already onboard. Not compulsory!
Tell us a little about yourself, lie if you have to but keep it to just an introduction, not a car discussion.

Moderator: RichardW

hloni
My Cars:

Dumela from South Africa!

Post by hloni »

Ola gents and gentsaresses. Well, I'm a new proud owner of a GS Club, the 1300 engine (will have to check exactly which motor is on there - hopefully will get a guide about how best to check the engine size based on engine/series number).

Here's the story:
So I have been searching for a new cab, NOT a 'project', but more of a turn-key, and I stumbled across this online at a ridiculous price.
Called the guy, but he had posted it for an old friend so couldn't answer some of the questions I had after asking uncle google a few questions.
So rang owner, he could barely hear me (age), agreed to meet next day, and off I went into The Cradle of Mankind (region about 20 min drive from my house) to look at this.

Love at 1st sight. Runs like a beaut, the guy is passionate, and is just trying to "get rid of stock" - just too many licenses to be paid annually. "Everything works" he tells me. Yet to drive her as carb was giving issues - diaphragm gone, so he's busy building new one for me. I didn't even talk him down on his price. He's not trying to make money - this is a practical give-away as it comes with COMPLETE spare motor that's running - came out of another that's in the yard but scrapped.

I love the cockpit!!

This is so original it's not even funny.

Yet to give her a name, so any French suggestions will be appreciated. Something African in French due to where this car has been living - Cradle of Mankind.

I will try post pics soon as I'm on my mobile now and presume attempting to post pics will be like milking a cat.

Never thought I'd own a Citroen after exploring a C2 and not buying it!
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Re: Dumela from South Africa!

Post by CitroJim »

Welcome Hioni :-D

I love the GS and especially the ones like yours with that wonderful instrument panel. The French never got that. Reserved especially for the right-hand drive export market...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

CitroJim wrote:Welcome Hioni :-D

I love the GS and especially the ones like yours with that wonderful instrument panel. The French never got that. Reserved especially for the right-hand drive export market...
Never realised that Jim. Mine was like that and I thought it was excellent.

Welcom Hioni :welc:
red_dwarfers
(Donor 2020)
My Cars:

Post by red_dwarfers »

Welcome to the forum Hioni!

I accidently bought a GSA Club last year. It needed a bit of work but it was a fairly solid base to start with. I loved every moment of using it. Just such a fun, cheeky car with bags of character! Iv don't know what I do without it now.

There are a few other G owning members on here.

Sent from my GT-I8190N using Tapatalk
Kev

'19 C4 Cactus 130 Flair
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

myglaren wrote:
CitroJim wrote:Welcome Hioni :-D

Never realised that Jim. Mine was like that and I thought it was excellent.
The French were said to be hopping mad about it Steve. Theirs was considered a bit too avant garde for non-French sensibilities

This site has some good pictures of the dash in question...

Actually, here in 2013 it looks quite quirky and cool...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

Looks excellent. The CX too :)