C5 2004 vtr driver

A forum for new members to introduce themselves to the rabble already onboard. Not compulsory!
Tell us a little about yourself, lie if you have to but keep it to just an introduction, not a car discussion.

Moderator: RichardW

airwolf

C5 2004 vtr driver

Post by airwolf »

Hi All

I have a 2004 1.8 C5 vtr and a 2005 renault grand scenic , such underrated cars and such good value. My insurance company moaned at me when I tried to insure the C5 , they insisted on 2 years no claims I thought this a bit odd. very difficult to have when you have only had insurance for 1 year!
I do have an issue with the C5, when you pull away it feels like you are in 3rd or 4th gear and tries to stall, was thinking it might be clutch but this does not slip at all so not really sure. I have also noticed when accelerating away in a higher gear the car seems to jump almost like a mis fire. Not that noticeable but it is there and at the same time I think I can see the headlights dip briefly. It is only noticeable at revs up to 3000 ish. I was thinking of changing the coil pack and wondered what anyone thought, I also thought maybe this might help the driving off issue

Thanks

Chris