CCC Midlands Rally - August 30/31/1 September.

A place to discuss any upcoming meets, club rallies and general get togethers.

Moderator: RichardW

Citroening
My Cars: Various Makes/Models Nowadays...

CCC Midlands Rally - August 30/31/1 September.

Post by Citroening »

Haven't seen a thread for this one yet, so if you can't make the CX, XM and Xantia Rally on the 6-8th September, this might be one for you.

When: August 30/31/1 September (This coming weekend). Sunday the 1st is busiest day as per usual...

Where: Stratford Upon Avon Racecourse.

Who: Citroen Car Club Midlands Section.

What: Usual CCC Rally, Autojumble, Good range of Citroens, Concourse Judging etc.

Should be a good day, usually is. Anyone thinking of popping along?
Franklin
JonM
My Cars:

Re: CCC Midlands Rally - August 30/31/1 September.

Post by JonM »

we'll be there as usual

Looking forward to it

Jon Esther & Kids
Citroen C4 VTS+ By Loeb [S/N. 0257] - 197.1 bhp [Post Remap] / Torque: 147.2 Ft-Lb [Post Remap]
Citroen 2CV6 Special - 33 BHP - 602cc flat twin air cooled Snail (°\=/°)
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Sadly I'm having to work this weekend so no Stratford for me this year. Shame as I always enjoy it..
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Trainman
(Donor 2018)
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: 2008 C6 2.7 Exclusive in Mativoire Beige with Vitali Leather.
2019 C5 1.6 Aircross Flair+ in Platinum Grey with Claudia Rimini Leather
2017 1.6HDi Berlingo Van - the works van

Post by Trainman »

CitroJim wrote:Sadly I'm having to work this weekend so no Stratford for me this year. Shame as I always enjoy it..
Me as well, still will be at CXM next week to make up for it. :-D
Steve

2008 C6 2.7 Exclusive in Mativoire Beige with Vitali Leather.
2019 C5 1.6 Aircross Flair+ in Platinum Grey with Claudia Rimini Leather

http://c6owners.org/index.php
Citroening

Post by Citroening »

Had a good day at the CCC Midlands Rally at Stratford today, and we decided to take the Xantia which I took a few snaps of beforehand...

We set off at a reasonable time and met up with Geoff en-route to convoy across to Stratford - Geoff has a fair few XMs but on this occasion decided to take his white 2.1 Turbo Diesel Exclusive. Very nice car that one, they do look good in white. Had a cracking run across to Stratford (expected two hours, but did it in 1 and a half...!), so not bad for an ol' 1.9TD and 2.1TD... ;)

So, to the pics...!

Mike "boyracer" Harker arrives in his Visa GTi:

John's fabulous CX he has owned from new - one day he will sell it...hopefully...!

Great to see this CX, it's recently been returned to the road and is one of Bill Webb's. Very unusual car indeed not only because it's a 2200 Pallas C-Matic but it has got power steering even being a P Reg car - one of the first...

Gs were out in force...

Tidy-looking GTi Auto...

The Xantia along with Geoff's XM and a C6...

Mike's GTi alongside Chris' 17RD...

Nice to see a C4, this time a VTS HDi (138BHP!), alongside a Series 1 CX Pallas and CX GTi Turbo 2...

General overview of the cars, not a huge turnout, but still very nice...

CX GTi Turbo 2...

C4 Coupe...

A very bright DS3...

Nice to see some more modern Citroens turning up...

Old 'n' new...

DS...

Some more old 'n' new...

The "concourse" line-up (not including chairs!)...

Geoff's XM...

Unfortunately not too many autojumble stalls - infact, didn't buy anything (so made up for that in the cafe...!)...

A nice combo' of three cars - early G Reg XM 2.0i which the owner is hoping to bring along next weekend, CX 22 TRS and CX 2200 Pallas...

The XM was a nice car, and glad to see it's been saved (was 1 owner and sold due to bereavement of that owner...)...

GSAs...

More of the "concourse" line-up...

Then it was time to head inside for the prive giving and raffle...

We decided to head back early so got a few shots outside before heading off...

To end, couldn't resist a photo opportunity like this... :)

All in all a great day, good to see everyone and a good warm-up for the CX, XM and Xantia Rally next weekend...! :D ;)
Franklin
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Great photos Franklin, looked like a really good do!

I'm very sad I missed it :(
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
PhilGreaves

Post by PhilGreaves »

hi

can i ask a stupid question?!

The front wheel trim on that 2200 cx pallas P reg car. Is that standard pallas trim or is it optional? Just wondering because 2 of my Spanish cx models have that design of trim yet all the French models have the solid disk type (like gs). Not too important but i've always been curious about the different wheel trim on cxs...sad I know..!

Like Jim sorry to have missed it but we've got friends over from oz so that takes priority. Looking forward to cxm..which in hindsight would've been a more appropriate place to ask my wheel trim question!

thanks

Phil
Xantia Columnist xantia@CitroenCarClub.org
1984 Citroen BX 16 TRS (winner now with working PAS!!)
1994 Citroen Xantia 1.9 TD SX (mk 1a. Jan 1994 with antisink valve. Restored by chevronics..new rear quarters fitted etc :shock: )

2009 Citroen C3 1.6Hdi 16v 90bhp Exclusive
Citroening

Post by Citroening »

CitroJim wrote:Great photos Franklin, looked like a really good do!
Thanks Jim and indeed it was a good day - not a huge turnout but then again Stratford never really is one for huge amounts of cars. Still, a nice warm-up for this weekend...!
PhilGreaves wrote:The front wheel trim on that 2200 cx pallas P reg car. Is that standard pallas trim or is it optional?
I believe that the early Pallas' featured these wheeltrims...

...and the later Pallas' featured the larger full face disc like this one:

I also believe that the trims seen on the earlier Pallas' also featured on the very first Prestige's too. Of the Series 1 Prestige's that I've pictures of, there are two (an R Reg and an S Reg) that have this early style of wheeltrim and all the others have the larger full face disc.
Franklin
JonM
My Cars:

Post by JonM »

My CCC Midlands Section Rally 2013 Report & Pics

What: CCC Midlands Section Rally
When: 30th Aug – 1st Sept
Where: Stratford Upon Avon Racecourse on B439 Evesham Road, Stratford Upon Avon, CV37 9SE

Hi,
Once again had a totally fab weekend at the CCC Midlands Section Rally @ Stratford Upon Avon Racecourse
I got sunburnt again too!!

Friday: Arrived Friday afternoon and after putting up our tent we chilled out and chatted.
Saturday: Autojumble, various stalls selling spurious Citroen stuff from DVDs, books, models etc… / Club Shop [inside] / Café / usual great wide range of Citroens [old and new] on display
Was joined Saturday by 2 Xsara Owners Club members surrey1971 & his family & by Griff
Griff stopped for the prize bingo & quiz in the evening.
Sunday: Autojumble, various stalls selling spurious Citroen stuff from DVDs, books, models etc… / Club Shop [inside] / Café / usual great wide range of Citroens [old and new] on display / Concourse Judging / + raffle & awards ceremony around 3.30pm.
Was joined Sunday by DS3GB members Martin and new recruit Stevie Goulden
Also got chatting to a couple who arrived in a rather lovely 2CV Dolly and they had the day before purchased a DS3, so gave them a club card & they said that they’d take a look at the forum & hopefully see them join up.

Gets better each year - Roll on next year!!

Jon

To view my pics follow link… http://public.fotki.com/JonM/ccc-midlands-sectio-2/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Citroen C4 VTS+ By Loeb [S/N. 0257] - 197.1 bhp [Post Remap] / Torque: 147.2 Ft-Lb [Post Remap]
Citroen 2CV6 Special - 33 BHP - 602cc flat twin air cooled Snail (°\=/°)