Xantia Mk2 V6 Strip down

A place to discuss any upcoming meets, club rallies and general get togethers.

Moderator: RichardW

Want to come and help strip or meet up with other citroen owners?

Yes Im coming!
40%
Nah i'd rather repair my citroen
No votes
Im not sure, do you supply tea?
60%

Total votes: 5

KP
My Cars:

Re: Xantia Mk2 V6 Strip down

Post by KP »

And streetview Jim :D

Ok tonight the other two door cars came out and their electrical bits, The wing mirrors and their foam backs came away as well, the front headlights, lower light trims and sidelamps came off as well as the plastic shroud for the fans. This has shown though that it has had a shunt at some point and been resprayed without being masked up as fan has overspray on it :(

The airbox has come out as well which has shown the 1cm hole in the upper radiator rubber pipe so coolant leak source now found but weep of LHM will likely be found when being pulled apart.

My 19mm socket adapter has been trashed trying the wheels tonight so I'm waiting on my dads one to come and then i'll put steelies on the rear and chock them up then get the fronts off and get it jacked up in the air on axle stands.

Anyone got a guide on front bumper removal on a mk2 at all? it also has the winter pack fitted im guessing as it has headlight washers but that could also be a V6 thing with having all the toys!

Does someone have the tool to remove the radio Headunit as well at all? its the single slot type like a peugeot one has been fitted with a blanking plate but i'd like to get it out with the cd changer so i can send the stuck CD's in it back and then maybe fit the radio in the garage or have it as another spare for another xantia that needs one :)
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Bumper is not hard. Remove arch liners and locate a 10mm bolt on each side securing the sides. They normally come out fairly easily.. Then there's three 10mm bolts along the lower skirt. Remove and the bumper will then slide forward. Disconnect the electrics at the plugs and the headlight washer pipe at the quick-disconnect connector.

I have radio removal tools...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
KP
My Cars:

Post by KP »

Cheers Jim, Mucho appreciated :D

Bumper off this evening i hope!
Even got a buyer for the headlamp washers as well now! Guess its a good idea for anyone who upgrades to HID's as well to make sure they have the washer system on their Xantia although the headlamps have 24v markings on them....
KP
My Cars:

Post by KP »

FYI is anyone coming on saturday at all?
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

KP wrote:FYI is anyone coming on saturday at all?
And is anyone else bar Northern_Mike and Team WFA coming along on Sunday?

It'll be a giggle and many hands will make light work especially given that my hands, along with every other part of me, is currently out of order :twisted:
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
KP
My Cars:

Post by KP »

Its ok Jim, I have a choice of the following for you,

Sunlounger
Wood chair with Arms
Wooden Chair without arms
Camping fold out chair
Cushioned living room chair
Grass
Or my best offer,
Chair made from bricks... (i have a few thousand still!)

As far as im aware its just you lot coming on sunday :)

its all coming together nicely as saturday looks like i'll head up to see Allan and give him the leather interior from it, sunday will see it being stripped down,
any final parts removed in the week and then have it picked up...
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

KP wrote:Its ok Jim, I have a choice of the following for you,

Sunlounger
Wood chair with Arms
Wooden Chair without arms
Camping fold out chair
Cushioned living room chair
Grass
Or my best offer,
Chair made from bricks... (i have a few thousand still!)
That's a difficult one Will :-D I'll go for the comfyest!
Jim

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

Will, what time are you content for Team WFA to descent upon you on Sunday morning? We're planning to leave at 06:00, stop for breakfast on the M6 somewhere so on that basis we should be in your vicinity by about 9...

Is that OK?
Jim

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

... But in an XM and Xantia estate rather than a Fraud Crappy and Granny :lol:

Indeed, that poor innocent close in suburban Manchester just don't know what's about to shatter their peace :P
Jim

KP
My Cars:

Post by KP »

9 am should be fine for the xantia breaker crew to arrive :-)

I'll make sure in up a bit earlier and all ready for the onslaught!
KP
My Cars:

Post by KP »

I think he is down for the full exhaust system so one can be made up using it as a template iirc :)
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

Will, are the front ABS sensors spoken for?

If not then I'll have 'em...
Jim

KP
My Cars:

Post by KP »

I'll need to check Jim as I think someone has a name down on the front suspension assembelies
KP
My Cars:

Post by KP »

Jim, If you ask Handyman if you can have the sensors as he has asked for the whole front suspension assemblies as im guessing for spares due to the price of the parts for the things :)
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

No worries Will, it was just if they were homeless...

I trust whoever it is knows the V6 front suspension is V6 specific and quite different to any other Xantia..
Jim