Xantia Mk2 V6 Strip down

A place to discuss any upcoming meets, club rallies and general get togethers.

Moderator: RichardW

Want to come and help strip or meet up with other citroen owners?

Yes Im coming!
40%
Nah i'd rather repair my citroen
No votes
Im not sure, do you supply tea?
60%

Total votes: 5

CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Re: Xantia Mk2 V6 Strip down

Post by CitroJim »

Excellent :-D

Decaff for me Will...
KP wrote: Jim, Any chance of being a sphere tester when you come up at all?
Yes, I'll bring mine along...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

Will, if you are going to bake cakes try Hummingbird cake :)
KP
My Cars:

Post by KP »

Hmm not sure about the baking unless my lovely lady does some baking for me :-)

But there would be a cake or two anyway lol
KP
My Cars:

Post by KP »

Chris i'll stick those part requests on the list as well :)

Before i forget is anyone able to bring a hoist or should i try and find a place to hire one out for the day? I doubt anywhere would be able to just rent it out for the sunday mind :(
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

KP wrote: Before i forget is anyone able to bring a hoist
Team WFA is bringing a hoist with all the necessary ropes and D shackles to lift an ES9 Will :-D
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
KP
My Cars:

Post by KP »

Excellent news Jim and sounds like your a little better to :)

Fingers crossed the cooler will stay cooler to help you out that little bit more :)

For those interested I started this Flickr stream for breaking the car :)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/65819956@N ... 762515244/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

KP wrote:Excellent news Jim and sounds like your a little better to :)
Thanks Will, yes I am :-D

Do you have the tools to do the nub nuts and remove the drove-shafts? If not then I will bring those too but I plan to bring as few tools as I need to so get thinking and advise what you think we may need to bring that you don't have.. I will being a decent hammer,a special spanner for the Morgue Converter bolts and log cold chisel but no more than that. I assume you have a jack and a means of propping the car up on stands whilst being aware that as the engine comes out the centre of gravity moves and tilts the car unless well supported?

Before we arrive can you have the front wheels wheels off, the front securely up in the air so we can get under, the front bumper off, rads out, slam panel/nose off and if at all possible drive-shafts out as well.. And if you can disconnect the exhaust at the cat to manifold joint too then that'll be wonderful..

Also, if you can remove the ABS block, battery tray and the fusebox then that'll help greatly too... The Autobox ECU is under the battery tray...

Thanks Will :-D
Jim

Northern_Mike

Post by Northern_Mike »

CitroJim wrote:........a special spanner for the Morgue Converter bolts and log cold chisel
You've got some weird tools in your collection Jim.... I'm hoping to be able to make it. Where exactly is it? I'm likely going up to get the DRK on Saturday so will arrive in that on Sunday..
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

Northern_Mike wrote:
CitroJim wrote:........a special spanner for the Morgue Converter bolts and log cold chisel
You've got some weird tools in your collection Jim.... I'm hoping to be able to make it. Where exactly is it? I'm likely going up to get the DRK on Saturday so will arrive in that on Sunday..
Bloody spill chuckers gets all my wucking fords fixed up...

Be excellent to see you on Sunday Mike and good point as to where. I don't have a scoobie...

Will, can you PM us details of where your gaff is so we can set our ratnavs?
Jim

KP
My Cars:

Post by KP »

PM's will be on the way in a few minutes :)

I have axle stands and plenty of driveway blocks so will get it a good bit up in the air and the wheels off.

What size are the hub nuts as i think i might have a socket for them around from the diesel one i did ages back :) I have a 3' breaker bar that has a knuckle joint and 1/2" socket connection on the end so no big tools but maybe a few bigger sockets if i dont have them :)

Tonight will see me removing the last bits of the leather interior and running the engine again after a small charge up.
Then tomorrow night the lights will be coming out and if possible the drivers side wing and bumper off and then work on the other bits slowly but surely, first time i'll have taken a bumper off a xantia in all honesty!
Its right in the flight path of manchester airport so dont forget to duck as you come in :D

Jim if your happy with the video i uploaded of the engine then i'll start taking the power bits of the engine off to but i was going to leave oil in it till sunday so you could be happy with it running :)
Also we dont need to worry about cutting pipes or the like that aren't needed for the engine as no-one has spoken for them so they can just be cut and lost :)
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

The hub mut is 35mm Will...

I'm completely happy with the engine and I'd rather you got on with prepping it for coming out rather than leaving it for us to hear. We trust you on that and as time will be very much the essence, any work you can do that will allow us to get it out that bit quicker will be very much appreciated...
Jim

KP
My Cars:

Post by KP »

Cool stuff I'll crack on with it then :)

Anyone else that needs the details for sunday that i forgot off the address PM just let me know and i'll forward it on :)
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

Excellent stuff Will..

Pleased to see your gaff is 'our' side of Mancester but it looks a right knob to get to your place..

What do you reckon the best route in is? I'm feeling come off the M56 at the airport turn and disappear under the runway and join the A34? Going up to the M60 looks a right bag of spanners...
Jim

KP
My Cars:

Post by KP »

Nah the best way is to come off the next junction up toward Manchester as if a normal passenger and not cargo. Follow the dual cabbageway, then stay in the left lane and take the second exit just after you go they the lights and follow that diversion all ther way down to a set of lights with a shell petrol station on the right. Turn left at the lights and follow down to the next lights and then right at them, over the railway line and turn left, then first right and you'll see the rover parked up and the c5 about 200metres down the road :)
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

Excellent Will, that looks perfect...

Google maps rock :-D
Jim