CCC National Rally 2013 20-21st July! Less Than a Week to Go

A place to discuss any upcoming meets, club rallies and general get togethers.

Moderator: RichardW

Citroening
My Cars: Various Makes/Models Nowadays...

Re: CCC National Rally 2013 20-21st July! Less Than a Week t

Post by Citroening »

Originally from a Xsara Picasso, I can only imagine what 230BHP in a stripped out Visa is like...!

I thought the site was good, just next year it'll be worth trying to get a catering van to be stationed there. Even just for teas and coffees etc, that'd save the hike to the catering area. But for the first year there, I thought it was a really nice location.
Franklin
daviemck2006
(Donor 2020)
My Cars: Far too many good ones to remember. Many BL, Vauxhall, Ford, Renault, Citroen, Peugeot, and now VAG

Post by daviemck2006 »

I had a great weekend. Iwas going to say the best of the year so far, but my daughter would kill me! I enjoyed meeting the guys that I did see and talk to. It's a pity I am geographically challenged or I certainly would come to more meets. I am now as far as my sisters, 345 miles most of them at 60 on the cruise but there was a golf gti annoyed me by tailgaiting me and flashing its lights and making hand signals so I took the bait and pulled away from it. I have concluded I have a faster car than a gti. How much faster? I could not possibly say on a public forum. It pulls 6800 revs though hehe. The stats for fuel were on way down with the cruise at 80 mpg was 32.1 and average speed 47 mph although I was in a massive tailback for more than an hour on the m6 on friday, coming up to Carluke this evening with the slower speed (mostly) MPG is41.4. It was sitting at 45ish before gti and average speed 58. No more 80 cruising then. Very impressed with over 40 mpg, although that will come down tomorrow on rest of the journey.
Skoda Karoq 1.6tdi 2018
Citroen relay camper 2012
In the family
Seat Leon 1.5tsi tourer 2019 daughter 1
C1 vtr+ 2010 daughter 2
PhilGreaves

Post by PhilGreaves »

Citroening wrote:Originally from a Xsara Picasso, I can only imagine what 230BHP in a stripped out Visa is like...!
I know he was telling jim all bout it at the time I took that photo. I got told by someone once that the Picasso 1.6is the same 1.6 as in the c4/c2 gt (pre THP). Just not tuned- think that's true. Anyway a challenge for xsara Picasso owners perhaps?! :-D over 200bhp in a Picasso has to be the ultimate wolf in sheep's clothing?!
Citroening wrote:I thought the site was good, just next year it'll be worth trying to get a catering van to be stationed there. Even just for teas and coffees etc, that'd save the hike to the catering area. But for the first year there, I thought it was a really nice location.
Concoure! My mum was like where the h van selling coffee/pizzas? I think she got too used to that at the icccr :roll: Though I cant be the only one to have found it odd seeing h vans *not* selling anything! :lol:

can anyone beat the low 60s mpg set by our c3 then :?: That's at 'motorway speeds'...im saying nothing...

it was great to see chris/xantia columnist again. I got to sit in his exclusive s 2 xantia. A first for me, and it was weird! I mean it was similar to mine but everything had small differences; dials a different colour, door open warning different, horn on the steering wheel. Still rather nice. Apparently too the 2.0 hdi engine drives more diesely than the 1.6 hdi. The latter to me drives like a petrol, nothing wrong with that except its a diesel. Anyway I can see that a ride in a 2.0 hdi beckons at some point.

Great to finally meet jim, Malcolm/citronut and see some familiar people again.

Great to see everyone though, looking at jon's pics i'd stay well clear from this guy. Rumour has it he looked at the 'shed' xantia and said "better than mine"....
http://public.fotki.com/JonM/citroen-ca ... 1/283.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

thanks

Phil
Xantia Columnist xantia@CitroenCarClub.org
1984 Citroen BX 16 TRS (winner now with working PAS!!)
1994 Citroen Xantia 1.9 TD SX (mk 1a. Jan 1994 with antisink valve. Restored by chevronics..new rear quarters fitted etc :shock: )

2009 Citroen C3 1.6Hdi 16v 90bhp Exclusive
tim leech
(Donor 2016)
My Cars:

Post by tim leech »

Glad you all enjoyed it, may consider the same site next year, but as mentioned we need catering facilities on site which we will need to hire in as it was a bit of a trek to to get food.

A grea turnout of Xantias and more modern Citroen's, but I was glad that we had a fair few A series cars this time which considering how associated with Citroen history they are is normally a shame when we only get a handful yet 2CVGB has a massive number,

See you all at CXM.
1994 XANTIA 1.8i SX 132k, From new, Slumbering
1991 BX TZD Turbo, 192k Batttered/Awaiting Resto
1991 BX 19TZi Auto 93k Factory A/C
1991 BX 16 TGS Athena (project), mechanically sorted just a bit scruffy!
1985 BX 19GT 57k beige wonder
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Tim, it was an excellent rally and much prise to you an Nigel for doing such a great job of it. Just one complaint and that was a lack of in-field catering but I guess that was due to stipulations imposed... The loos were to far away for doddery old gits like me as well but I realise that's beyond your control a bit...

I really enjoyed every second of it and good to meet friends old and new, especially you Phil and thanks for the XM brochure :-D I feel very guilty I didn't spend a lot of time nattering to you but then again the time at rallies is never long enough to spend as long with everyone as you would like. It needs to be a full week really...

I'm coming to the conclusion it's much more a social event than a rally really. The cars are quite incidental to the main business of catching up with old friends and making new ones...

As it was I didn't leave until getting on for six so that as two very full days. Today I have been paying the price big-time and only now just about made it back to the land of the barely living :twisted: It was worth it though...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
tim leech
(Donor 2016)
My Cars:

Post by tim leech »

Quite agree about the food but I assume there would be enough on site, next time ill
Make sure we have catering in our field.
1994 XANTIA 1.8i SX 132k, From new, Slumbering
1991 BX TZD Turbo, 192k Batttered/Awaiting Resto
1991 BX 19TZi Auto 93k Factory A/C
1991 BX 16 TGS Athena (project), mechanically sorted just a bit scruffy!
1985 BX 19GT 57k beige wonder
daviemck2006
(Donor 2020)
My Cars: Far too many good ones to remember. Many BL, Vauxhall, Ford, Renault, Citroen, Peugeot, and now VAG

Post by daviemck2006 »

I've just made it home having a well deserved mug of coffee, my own favourite make! I came up the tourist route after Perth in Scotland, straight up the A93, I think it is, it's a really nice drive. You have to drive though, none of this cruise control malarkey on it. Hills, jumps, hairpins, ski slopes, single tracks, Its a lovely road. very scenic, and 30 odd miles shorter. Takes about the same length of time. I did 537 miles from the shell petrol station just down road from wicksteed. The average speed 51 mph that was mostly at 60 on the cruise apart from the little fun with the gti, and the best bit, a very creditable 40.3 mpg. I have been left with a little problem tho, bottomed out over a hump and lost the engine undertray. Never mind it was all worth it for an extremely enjoyable weekend and my first ever drive of a xantia, thanks to not Alister James :lol: I was impressed with it, smooth ride and quite ok to drive and it only being a 90. I enjoyed the chats with the people I did manage to meet, and as with peter and franklin loved the 3 black c4's together. I am now in a quandary if I am going to do my wheels black! I haven't looked at my photos yet, I will do another day and see if I have any to add to the growing collection.
Skoda Karoq 1.6tdi 2018
Citroen relay camper 2012
In the family
Seat Leon 1.5tsi tourer 2019 daughter 1
C1 vtr+ 2010 daughter 2
Citroenmad
My Cars: 07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
07 Citroen C5 HDi VTR - Red
09 Citroen C3 1.4i VTR - Silver
01 Citroen Saxo 1.1i Forte - Mango Orange
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10

Post by Citroenmad »

What a brilliant weekend, I couldn't have enjoyed it more and what a turnout of Xantias :-D

As ever, great to meet you all again and put yet more names to faces :)
PhilGreaves wrote:
it was great to see chris/xantia columnist again. I got to sit in his exclusive s 2 xantia. A first for me, and it was weird! I mean it was similar to mine but everything had small differences; dials a different colour, door open warning different, horn on the steering wheel. Still rather nice. Apparently too the 2.0 hdi engine drives more diesely than the 1.6 hdi. The latter to me drives like a petrol, nothing wrong with that except its a diesel. Anyway I can see that a ride in a 2.0 hdi beckons at some point.
thanks

Phil
My Xantia HDi has averaged 54mpg over the last 500 miles since Saturday morning, which included my 30 mile trip to work today. That really is brilliant MPG in my opinion, especially given that I was cruising at an average of 3,000 rpm, in superb comfort. No need for a DMF'd, DPF'd HDi! :roll:

I would have given you a ride out in the HDi Phil but it was rather challenging to battle through the crowds :lol: I'll be in my Activa for the CXM rally though ...
Chris
07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
07 Citroen C5 HDi VTR - Red
09 Citroen C3 1.4i VTR - Silver
01 Citroen Saxo 1.1i Forte - Mango Orange
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10
PhilGreaves

Post by PhilGreaves »

CitroJim wrote: I really enjoyed every second of it and good to meet friends old and new, especially you Phil and thanks for the XM brochure :-D I feel very guilty I didn't spend a lot of time nattering to you but then again the time at rallies is never long enough to spend as long with everyone as you would like. It needs to be a full week really......
like the icccr?! :-D Bah don't worry about that jim. Im sure you'll continue to be of use, if I do the xantia up! Besides I know you'll find it interesting. My only regret is, though you left your bonnet open (activa) you weren't stood by it. My mum liked it (spec/speed) and wants another xantia. Was hoping you could swing it to an activa for me!! :twisted:
CitroJim wrote: I'm coming to the conclusion it's much more a social event than a rally really. The cars are quite incidental to the main business of catching up with old friends and making new ones...

As it was I didn't leave until getting on for six so that as two very full days. Today I have been paying the price big-time and only now just about made it back to the land of the barely living :twisted: It was worth it though...
aye quite agree jim though I did take more photos than at wetherby. mind there were less stalls of interest.
Citroenmad wrote:
My Xantia HDi has averaged 54mpg over the last 500 miles since Saturday morning, which included my 30 mile trip to work today. That really is brilliant MPG in my opinion, especially given that I was cruising at an average of 3,000 rpm, in superb comfort. No need for a DMF'd, DPF'd HDi! :roll:

I would have given you a ride out in the HDi Phil but it was rather challenging to battle through the crowds :lol: I'll be in my Activa for the CXM rally though ...
Actually the c3 doesn't have a dpfs (well not like the c5/Eolys fluid anyway) and has no DMF (that's only the 110bhp 1.6 not available in the little c3 :wink: ) and only 4 hours labour for a clutch. So yeah 60mpg at 70 mph and 30 tax..can't knock it for that really. Just miss the xantia comfort and seats, and that kick from the turbo. Funnily enough the best diesel engine we looked at was the kia c'eed (2 shapes ago/top gear car) in a 113bhp power...my god that thing was quick, that had a hell of a kick from the turbo. But the rest of the car....more boring than a VW!!

Oh I know it wasn't decent road really just town and speed cameras. Have to admit gaydon was best for test drives. Naturally your welcome in the bx/xantia anytime theyre roadworthy

lol just reread jims : "especially you Phil" :oops: now remember next time you see my mum: activas make great 2nd cars and never brake down with an endless parts availability... :lol:

thanks
Phil
p.s fertan arrived today but not the fedox...so..cant start
Xantia Columnist xantia@CitroenCarClub.org
1984 Citroen BX 16 TRS (winner now with working PAS!!)
1994 Citroen Xantia 1.9 TD SX (mk 1a. Jan 1994 with antisink valve. Restored by chevronics..new rear quarters fitted etc :shock: )

2009 Citroen C3 1.6Hdi 16v 90bhp Exclusive
JonM
My Cars:

Post by JonM »

Show itself was ok

But as people camping next to us pointed out that there was no central meeting point for the evening like eg Little Horwood Yes I know that site couldn't cope with CCC National not suggesting it] & trade stands were almost non existent, very scarce. They went home early very disappointed. We nearly did.
A very expensive weekend for those of us with kids and the so called amusement park - @ £17 each child - certainly wasn't worth that!!

The site was a A damn disgrace!! No Excuse!!
When you pay £15 per night you expect clean toilets & showers!! Only one toilet open sunday morning the rest were closed

Bloke on gate was unhelpful

As for the damn pikey kids who came on our designated area - came handbrake turning their Polo - stereo on so loud it was distorted & left all their crap for the nice girl from the stand selling Citroen pics & Postcards [Well done - you deserve an award] to pick it all up

We certainly wont go back there in a hurry!! No sorry Ever!!!
Not impressed
I urge you the CCC not to return there anytime soon

Jon & Esther
Citroen C4 VTS+ By Loeb [S/N. 0257] - 197.1 bhp [Post Remap] / Torque: 147.2 Ft-Lb [Post Remap]
Citroen 2CV6 Special - 33 BHP - 602cc flat twin air cooled Snail (°\=/°)
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

As an ex-caravanner I looked at the loos and was quite surprised. On Sunday morning the ladies were queueing and the gents was none too clean...

It never used to be very expensive at all. I used to take my kids there regularly when they were younger (we used to live fairly local) and it was always a good day out and not silly expensive. I guess times have changed and costs caught up with them..

Barryboys in Polos? :o Pikeys? they looked to be out in force at the car boot :lol: :lol: The size of that staggered me. I thought they were well and truly a thing of the past? A dinosaur? Obviously not in central Northants....

Mind you, look at the demographic of the surrounding towns and all becomes clear. It's not the most salubrious area of the UK and as an ex-local I speak from experience and knowledge. Fact is that Wiksteed Park is a lovely spot in the middle of a very deprived area although Kettering itself isn't so bad as those surrounding it...

A suggestion has been made for the next venue :wink:
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

PhilGreaves wrote:

thanks

Phil
i think that picy should be up for a caption comp :twisted: :shock: :-D :wink:

my answer would be
Jim's having another cat nap ( standing up as well ) :lol: :lol: :wink:
Regards, malcolm.

current ride a BX 1.7 TZD estate
1986 MK1 BX 1.9na D Auto(in Mothman Andy's stable )
layed up roppy 1.9TD XANT estate, now gone to meet her maker
purple and lilac metalic 2CV(VIOLET)registered to her in doors
1972 DS special been layed up aprox 31 years
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

it was great to meet lots of face's, even if i have already forgotten the the links the names behind them :roll: #-o :shock: :-D :wink:

Steve ( Myglaren ) Phill/Greaves, Pete ( Fake Concern ) and of course Sir Jim ( CitroJim ) to name but a few

Steve and Phill certainly did not look as i thought they would, i was convinced Steve was a Darlek :twisted: :o :lol: :wink:

then to top off the hole weekend i thought i had won the star prize, but by the time i got to the podium they changed the colour of the winning 101 ticket [-X [-X :roll: :lol: :wink:
Regards, malcolm.

current ride a BX 1.7 TZD estate
1986 MK1 BX 1.9na D Auto(in Mothman Andy's stable )
layed up roppy 1.9TD XANT estate, now gone to meet her maker
purple and lilac metalic 2CV(VIOLET)registered to her in doors
1972 DS special been layed up aprox 31 years
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

citronut wrote: by the time i got to the podium they changed the colour of the winning 101 ticket [-X [-X :roll: :lol: :wink:
What a bunch of twisters :twisted:

I'm not sure of the caption competition. I'm shocked at how old and rough I look in that picture. In my defence m'lud I was feeling pretty knackered and a catnap would have been very welcome at that point...
Jim

Eddie Nuff
New User
My Cars:

Post by Eddie Nuff »

Citroenmad wrote: . . . especially given that I was cruising at an average of 3,000 rpm, in superb comfort.
In a 2.0HDi Xantia? Given that mine will do 70 at 2250rpm I dare to think.