Citroen Car Club National Rally 2013 Report & Pics

A place to discuss any upcoming meets, club rallies and general get togethers.

Moderator: RichardW

JonM
My Cars:

Citroen Car Club National Rally 2013 Report & Pics

Post by JonM »

Citroen Car Club National Rally 2013
19th to 21st July 2013

@ Wicksteed Park
Barton Road
Kettering
Northamptonshire NN15 6NJ
http://www.wicksteedpark.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Yet another CCC National over & yet again a great weekend had by all
The weather, though still warm wasn’t intense sun with no cloud cover which was probably best.
Saturday, was well attended, with Sunday was the best attended of the two days as usual.
Kids went over to the park on Saturday which they enjoyed, but felt it was quite expensive for what there was there.
With over 30 attractions, with something for everyone [debateable lol] including rollercoasters & several other rides such as pirate ship & rocky falls & log flume etc.
The ‘historic grade II country park’ [147 acres] was beautiful & picturesque offering several places to eat with a range of snacks & refreshments & the Park View Bistro, we did reluctantly [but kids liked it] sample the burgers & chips on Sunday lunchtime as I was too lazy to go out to the Tescos Extra / Aldi only 1 mile from the park, which we’d used to get supplies on Friday evening once we’d pitch our tent. [We thought as it was very warm best not take all the weekends food with us & best not store it all in our mobile fridge in our C4 Grand Picasso, as we normally do.
Found that out when went for the milk on sunday morning to make a coffee & it had turned to cheese over night, lovely!!
Facilities at the park were, erm… vile!! Our only gripe. The toilet / shower blocks were filthy – vile basically!!
The campsite itself was pretty good, fairly flat, though a tad hard to get the pegs in.
Amoungst all the magnificent DS’s, Tractions 2CV’s, Xantias, XM’s – the list goes on… there were a
rare ZX 16V, several Visas including a Rally wide arch Visa.
As for the largely overlooked & hidden ‘moderns', on Saturday there were three DS3’s & three black C4’s [two C4 VTS’s & one Loeb] & again three on Sunday.

Please visit my website & the gallery i created for this event & view the pics taken over the weekend. Link: http://public.fotki.com/JonM/citroen-car-club-na-1/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Enjoy - Thanks, Jon
Citroen C4 VTS+ By Loeb [S/N. 0257] - 197.1 bhp [Post Remap] / Torque: 147.2 Ft-Lb [Post Remap]
Citroen 2CV6 Special - 33 BHP - 602cc flat twin air cooled Snail (°\=/°)