Xantia Mk2 V6 Strip down

A place to discuss any upcoming meets, club rallies and general get togethers.

Moderator: RichardW

Want to come and help strip or meet up with other citroen owners?

Yes Im coming!
40%
Nah i'd rather repair my citroen
No votes
Im not sure, do you supply tea?
60%

Total votes: 5

Chris570
(Donor 2020)

Re: Xantia Mk2 V6 Strip down

Post by Chris570 »

Just to elaborate, Team WFA can remove the engine and box on the day (providing a few bits have been removed beforehand)
2006 C5 HDi 170
1998 Xantia Activa S1
1971 D Special
2006 C3 1.6 HDi SX,
CitroJim wrote: I'm a pink fairy
A 1/3 of Team WFA 'Clarkson'
lankytim
My Cars:

Post by lankytim »

When is it?
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

lankytim wrote:When is it?
Team WFA are planning to be there on the 28th Tim although I believe Will will be working on it the whole weekend and I'm sure will appreciate all the help he can get :-D
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Chris570 wrote:Just to elaborate, Team WFA can remove the engine and box on the day (providing a few bits have been removed beforehand)
Yes. The more the better.. It'll help enormously if the bumper is off, the rad is out, the driveshafts are gone and the exhaust disconnected..

Take the bonnet off too...

All fluids drained will be a huge help too...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
KP
My Cars:

Post by KP »

Sorry guys i hadn't seen updates on this thread :(

Sunday is doable for me any week really :)

Tools, I have access to two sockets sets, hammers, screw drivers, drive up ramps and so forth.

I can start the strip down of the front end to help as much as possible in the next few days so i'll look to get the following down in the next few days,

Wheels off and dropped onto some bricks(will look lovely im sure lol!)
Then get the front lights off, then the bumper and then any supporting bits at the front such as radiators support stays and so forth to make it an easier job.

I don't have a hoist or anything fancy im afraid but have access to a 2tonne trolley jack, 20tonne bottle jack and the spare wheel jacks that are kicking about to help support weight and lots and ltos of driveway bricks to help build height of things up :)

If i chock the rear is it better to get the front end up as high as i can? I could likely get it at least 1metre off the ground underneath?
Do i need to start draining oil fluids and the likes?

I'll have some space in my garage to store things such the engine block and so on if needed?
KP
My Cars:

Post by KP »

To help clear things up this thread is PURELY for the strip down of the car and i'll get pics taken and posted up as i go along :)

The other thread will be PURELY for the sale of the parts and to help keep things organised :)

Does this sound ok Jim to keep things tidier?

On another note i think i'll fill up my boot with carpet tiles over the next few days after a work clear out and use them to cover the driveway while the work is done to keep the driveway bricks cleanish :D
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

Sounds good to me Will...

Not having a hoist might be fun though...

Will have to think about that...

Yep, drain all fluids please...
Jim

KP
My Cars:

Post by KP »

If possible has someone got a fold up hoist at all??
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

KP wrote:If possible has someone got a fold up hoist at all??
Might be able to... I'll get back to you on that...

But basically, no way can the engine and gearbox be removed without one...
Jim

Ben82
My Cars: C5 V6 2004

Post by Ben82 »

Looks like there's a number of foldable hoist's available for hire on the 'bay for about £10-£15 per day (with a deposit ranging around £80-£100).. Might be a good idea?
2004 Citroen C5 3L V6 Auto
Brit living in Sweden with an imported from Germany French Car!
KP
My Cars:

Post by KP »

Could be a possible if we get desperate but im always a bit dubious about renting such items as you never know how much they have been abused :(
It seems to be dripping some coolant as well at the moment, not a massive amoun but does seem to be increasing a little bit, its coming from the higher rad hose where it goes into the block so im guessing a seal of hose is letting go but as the engine hasnt been run properly other than my longer drive to properly warm the system up and so on it seems to be getting worse but it wont matter i dont think as i haven't had to add more than about 1/2litre to it when left idling on the drive and is no mayo or steam from the exhaust which is always a good sign :)
KP
My Cars:

Post by KP »

Ok With this now being less than a week away can i have some names as to whos coming please :)

Will make it a bit easier to do the cake calculations and tea brewing :D

On a side note i have now stripped out the rear seats and belt buckles(+lap belt) and the front passenger seat as well as those door cards and the centre console switches for the windows and sunroof. This will be put back in so i can close the sunroof but i gave the seats a goo zymol and wash down and are now uber clean, i would keep these if i had another chance at a xantia without leather in good nick as they are that good! The heating switches for them will come out as well and before the car goes for scrap the connectors will be cut off as well to make things easier for the next owner. rear parcel shelf is out as well as the covers on the locking wheel bolts. Though i need to get a stronger wrench for the socket to get the wheel bolts off as they are WELL stuck in place!
KP
My Cars:

Post by KP »

Also the front has sank down :(

It was only about an inch different from the rear when i started but i guess as the systems kicked in with me mucking about the pressure has slowly bled away so possibly a flat accumulator as well as flat rear spheres. If it comes to the worst then i guess i can puncture them and weigh them in :)

Jim, Any chance of being a sphere tester when you come up at all? Im going to nab loads of carpet tiles and some old divider type boards from an office thats being cleared out to help protect the drive as well :)
Chris570
(Donor 2020)

Post by Chris570 »

You'll have 3 from team WFA on sunday, we all like tea and cake ;)

i have a request for the steering wheel, n/s wing mirror and clock. (I'm sure much more on the day)
2006 C5 HDi 170
1998 Xantia Activa S1
1971 D Special
2006 C3 1.6 HDi SX,
CitroJim wrote: I'm a pink fairy
A 1/3 of Team WFA 'Clarkson'
KP
My Cars:

Post by KP »

Sounds good to me as I'll make sure some cakes are in :) will be taking the battery out last thing really as the coolant will come out in the next few days but really want to make sure that him is happy she runs ok when he comes, last thing I'd want is the gaff of removing it and finding out something is iffy with it :)

Thanks guys, I'll make sure some chairs are out as well for rest bite.