Xantia Mk2 V6 Strip down

A place to discuss any upcoming meets, club rallies and general get togethers.

Moderator: RichardW

Want to come and help strip or meet up with other citroen owners?

Yes Im coming!
40%
Nah i'd rather repair my citroen
No votes
Im not sure, do you supply tea?
60%

Total votes: 5

KP
My Cars:

Xantia Mk2 V6 Strip down

Post by KP »

Ok,

Who wants to attend or just meetup? Its dead easy to get to near Manchester Airport so a few mins from the M56/M60/A34 depending on where you are coming from, the sun should be good still as well looking at the weather and there will be plenty of tea on offer for those that require it so its like a mini meet :)

There is LOADS of parking nearby for all of those with estates and the likes that are after the bigger parts or vans even and im sure i can get some cakes whipped up as well :)

Big tasks will mainly be,
Getting the Engine and gearbox out,
getting the ECU's out of her,
Getting the Interior out as well
Saving as much as possible to help others!

Im going to try and get my 2nd workbench finished this week and then i'll have loads of room in the garage and can store lots of it :)

Can start Friday evening when i finish work for those that want to and will be making sure Saturday and Sunday i'll be there the whole time :D
I dont have an engine hoist but have plenty of tools and some Persuading devices ;) and chisels as well but may invest a few quid in an angle grinder or borrow one for stubborn stuff!

Bits i can get too at the moment are getting the odd GT40 spray to help them like the doors and possibly the tailgate though im still not sure on that one yet as while its peeling its still solid!
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Re: Xantia Mk2 V6 Strip down

Post by CitroJim »

Will, can you confirm this is the last weekend in July 26th - 28th?

If so then I can reserve one day that weekend and I hope the other members of team WFA can too....

I'm unable to do anything heavy though so I shall be 100% reliant on others to do that for me..
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Oh, and a supply of decaff tea is an essential prerequisite... :wink:
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Northern_Mike

Post by Northern_Mike »

CitroJim wrote:Will, can you confirm this is the last weekend in July 26th - 28th?

If so then I can reserve one day that weekend and I hope the other members of team WFA can too....

I'm unable to do anything heavy though so I shall be 100% reliant on others to do that for me..
I can pick you up and bring you home Jim. It'd tie in nicely with me dropping the family off in Alconbury early in the morning. Leave them. Pick you up. Drive up. Do car things. Drive back..

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

Will,

I've had a chat with fellow team WFA members and only the useless third of the team (me) is available that weekend...

I'm happy to come up on whatever day is OK and do some light work... I'll not be able to take an engine and gearbox back on that day so we're wondering if you might be able to store it for us for a short while until team WFA can collect. We won't let you down on that but then you know us better than that...

Mike, thanks for the offer but I will do as I always do and make my own way as I must have my immediate means of escape wherever I go. One reason I don't fly...

Will, I hope that's OK?
Jim

KP
My Cars:

Post by KP »

No worries :)

Whats the best time for other team members then as i can book a friday off maybe if it helps people out :)

ideally i'd like it gone by the end of the month as there's already someone with a high lift truck that will take away the last bits but i'm going to do the alloys tonight and look at the exhaust as well as some other bits inside but will get the garage tidied up a little more as well for storage of remaining bits :)

Im happy to do the heavy lifting and such but i have no engine removal experience in a Xantia but will have loads of carpet tiles on hand to cover the drive for the inevitable leaks that will ensue!

Is it worth me draining the normal fluids from the car once i've taken it for a few more spins to enjoy it before it gets stripped down as im guessing no-one will want to be shipping an engine full of oil and the same for the gearbox as well??
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

Will, I'm ever so disappointed that nobody has so far come forward to offer to help with this...

We can't do the heavy collection of the engine until well into August basically... I could perhaps take the gearbox on the day but not both...

In view of a nil response I'm sadly going to have to put my cards on the table here and say that if there's not adequate assistance on hand then I'll regrettably have to withdraw. I'm absolutely unable to do anything heavy and however you look at it an engine/box removal is a two able-bodied person job minimum. I'm not and just the journey up and back is going to do for me without even trying to do any graft on-site.

Basically, this means I can act in an advisory role but precious little else.

I'm sorry to be a bit blunt about this Will but my health is top priority these days and I only cope reasonably with life by being bloody careful over how much I do and how carefully I rest...

Fundamentally the engine and box is not too bad to get out.

Drain fluids, remove rad, remove fusebox and ABS. Disconnect exhaust, undo hub nuts, disconnect front suspension lower swivels, remove driveshafts, disconnect all electrics and pipes from around the engine, disconnect hydraulics at pressure regulator and lift...

The devil is in the detail but basically that's the job...
Jim

Trainman
(Donor 2018)
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: 2008 C6 2.7 Exclusive in Mativoire Beige with Vitali Leather.
2019 C5 1.6 Aircross Flair+ in Platinum Grey with Claudia Rimini Leather
2017 1.6HDi Berlingo Van - the works van

Post by Trainman »

I don't mind taking some bit's south, so long as they will fit in the boot of the C6, I'll be heading for the National next Friday if that helps :?:

I can give you much of a lift to get the the stuff out as I'm working this weekend otherwise I'd have offered......
Steve

2008 C6 2.7 Exclusive in Mativoire Beige with Vitali Leather.
2019 C5 1.6 Aircross Flair+ in Platinum Grey with Claudia Rimini Leather

http://c6owners.org/index.php
Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023
My Cars: C5 Mk2 VTX+ estate.

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

If it was at the end of August I would be able to help (as I have that week off), but as I would be working that Saturday, I wouldn't be available on the Sunday (weekly essentials). I wish I could, as I would get useful experience. Sorry.
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Yes, I am paranoid, but am I paranoid ENOUGH?
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!
Chris570
(Donor 2020)

Post by Chris570 »

Right, It looks like the remaining members of Team WFA will be able to visit on the sunday....

What do you have in the way of tooling? ( I really don't want to have to bring mine and risk getting mixed up etc)
Is there power?

If you can get the wings and front bumper off and the front suspension off (or at least largely off) we'll do the rest.

If you have a shopping list from other people i'm sure we can assist in the removal of said items as we've all stripped many Xantiae now.

Please don't think i'm being rude if i'm teaching you to suck eggs i'm sorry.

Do you have a list of what's gone and what's available?

Cheers
2006 C5 HDi 170
1998 Xantia Activa S1
1971 D Special
2006 C3 1.6 HDi SX,
CitroJim wrote: I'm a pink fairy
A 1/3 of Team WFA 'Clarkson'
Northern_Mike

Post by Northern_Mike »

CitroJim wrote:Will, I'm ever so disappointed that nobody has so far come forward to offer to help with this...
I'm not sure how much clearer my offer of help could have been really!... :shock:
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

Northern_Mike wrote:
CitroJim wrote:Will, I'm ever so disappointed that nobody has so far come forward to offer to help with this...
I'm not sure how much clearer my offer of help could have been really!... :shock:
Mike, I've sent you a PM... Can you make that Sunday as many hands will make very light work?

Chris, excellent. Thanks! So Will, basically if you and whoever can get a good deal of the lighter pre-work done then it's as good as in bits and a bare shell come Sunday evening...
Jim

Chris570
(Donor 2020)

Post by Chris570 »

Have we any update on this?
2006 C5 HDi 170
1998 Xantia Activa S1
1971 D Special
2006 C3 1.6 HDi SX,
CitroJim wrote: I'm a pink fairy
A 1/3 of Team WFA 'Clarkson'
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

Chris570 wrote:Have we any update on this?
Not so far as I'm aware..
Jim

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

Will? News?

Been awfully quiet recently?

Are we still on for this?

I've closed the other thread on this so all replies should come here now...
Jim