Hello 2001 C5 Rear suspension fluid leak woes!

A forum for new members to introduce themselves to the rabble already onboard. Not compulsory!
Tell us a little about yourself, lie if you have to but keep it to just an introduction, not a car discussion.

Moderator: RichardW

james125

Hello 2001 C5 Rear suspension fluid leak woes!

Post by james125 »

Hello, I applied to the forum some time ago I have been waiting for the moderators to accept me and in that time I have already replaced a hydrualic pump for a C5, as the suspension was stuck at a really low level.

We took out the pump put a new one in and then pressurised the hydraulic fluid reservoir with a bicycle pump. We had the bleed nipple that is just left of the oil filler cap open to allow the air to bleed....But the fluid didn't move....so we connected the battery which engaged the pump, when fluid came out of the bleed screw we tightened it and turned the pump off.

Turned on the ignition and the suspension rose up nicely. :-D Went out for a drive only to find out fluid was leaking from the rear suspension rubber gromits...and quite a bit. Perhaps air got into the rear and heated up and expanded?? :?

Has anyone had a similar problem? Anyone know how to fix it?

Thank you very much in advance everyone!!
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Re: Hello 2001 C5 Rear suspension fluid leak woes!

Post by CitroJim »

Hi James, welcome and sorry for any delay in activating your membership. How long was it as we try hard to activate within a few hours of a request being made... You were very much an exception there so sorry...

Can't help on the C5 problem I'm afraid. Those are too new for me. perhaps a post in the Citroen area may help...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
james125

Post by james125 »

Thanks CitroJim, looking back at my emails it was actually less than an hour must have missed the email!
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

james125 wrote:looking back at my emails it was actually less than an hour must have missed the email!
Ahh, that's not so bad then and well within our Key Performance Indicators then... :)
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Welshy_Pete
My Cars: 306 hdi 1999 + 306 hdi 2000

Post by Welshy_Pete »

Hello welcome to the French Peugeot, Citroen and Renault car forum.
james125

Post by james125 »

SOLVED

Put a few cable ties and hose locks around the rubber gromits. Then replaced the leaking centre pressure regulator with a series of pipes with pressure fittings. Left a pressure fitting lose to bleed air out before tightening it fully. :)