Ey up from France

A forum for new members to introduce themselves to the rabble already onboard. Not compulsory!
Tell us a little about yourself, lie if you have to but keep it to just an introduction, not a car discussion.

Moderator: RichardW

2cvandy
My Cars: 2002 C5 break, 2.0HDI
1989 2CV

Ey up from France

Post by 2cvandy »

Hiya,
just wanted to say ta for all the useful info, I've been trawling through the forums for advice on my new motor's little annoyances. Very helpful.

The new addition is a 2002 C5 HDi 110 Estate, but I'm not too scared as it's not my first Citroen. First car I've ever owned that needs a laptop to repair it though, this may turn out to be a very steep learning curve!

It's replaced my 1997 Xantia 1.9TD which has just expired after 9yrs and over 100,000 miles of use. I can't say I'd set my heart on a C5 exactly, but the Xantia has been fantastically reliable and the day it died I just happened to bump into a mate who had a mate who was selling a C5, so why not?

There is also another Citroen lurking in my garage, a 2CV called "Dobbin". She's been with us 15 yrs and I doubt she'll ever be sold, and no laptop required, I never had a mechano set as a kid but since buying the 2CV I feel like I'm making up for lost time.

One last thing, and I know this is a long shot.

Is there anybody on here with a Lexia near Mayenne in northern France who would like to tell my car that it doesn't actually need the "4 wheel sensors missing"?
If speed kills, buy a 2CV and live forever.
Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023
My Cars: C5 Mk2 VTX+ estate.

Re: Ey up from France

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

Welcome aboard, and happy motoring/spannering.

There is a map of Lexia owners who are willing to help, but it doesn't look like there is anybody near you at the moment. However, some members do holiday in France, so it could be worth waiting to see if they contact you. Here is the link to the Lexia locations;

http://www.frenchcarforum.co.uk/forum/v ... 19&t=29178" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Yes, I am paranoid, but am I paranoid ENOUGH?
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!
red_dwarfers
(Donor 2020)
My Cars:

Post by red_dwarfers »

If you were up near Lille, I may have been able to help you out in a few weeks time. Sorry chap! There must be a 'Le Francais Car Forum' somewhere with some people that may be able to help.
Kev

'19 C4 Cactus 130 Flair
2cvandy
My Cars: 2002 C5 break, 2.0HDI
1989 2CV

Post by 2cvandy »

Thanks for the replies, I thought it was a long shot.
No worries, the C5 will no doubt be heading for the Leics / Derbys / Notts borders for Christmas hols if not before so I shall just have to be patient and try then.
In the meantime, I've clocked up 500 miles in the first week so good impression so far,,,,,,,,,,,,
If speed kills, buy a 2CV and live forever.
Welshy_Pete
My Cars: 306 hdi 1999 + 306 hdi 2000

Post by Welshy_Pete »

Hello welcome to the French Peugeot, Citroen and Renault car forum.