CCC CX, XM and Xantia Rally 2013 - 6/7/8 September.

A place to discuss any upcoming meets, club rallies and general get togethers.

Moderator: RichardW

CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Re: CCC CX, XM and Xantia Rally 2013 - 6/7/8 September.

Post by CitroJim »

bill196510 wrote:Cant wait to see cx's :)
can't wait to see old friends I haven't seen since last year :)
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Citroenmad
My Cars: 07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
07 Citroen C5 HDi VTR - Red
09 Citroen C3 1.4i VTR - Silver
01 Citroen Saxo 1.1i Forte - Mango Orange
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10

Post by Citroenmad »

CitroJim wrote:
Citroenmad wrote: :lol: Well, I'll easily spot it :roll:
Even on a GS Birotor Chris?
They seem to have huge tyres!
Chris
07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10
davetherave
My Cars:

Post by davetherave »

Hope to have the Cx done for this! Maybe wishfull thinking though, we shall see!
(95) XM Silver 2.1td Exclusive.
(87) Cx 2.5 DTR T1 undergoing major cosmetic surgery.
GPZ500s
uhn113x
My Cars: 1981 Dyane - on road all year round.
1982 GSA Pallas - on road April - September.
1997 ZX 1.9D Dimension.

Post by uhn113x »

Didn't spot you there, Jim, did you go?

BTW, I'll be out of www contact for a week from this morning - down in Somerset camping.
Last edited by uhn113x on 29 May 2013, 15:07, edited 1 time in total.
Mike in West Yorks
1982 GSA Pallas
1982 Dyane
1997 ZX Dimension
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

uhn113x wrote:Didn't spot you there, Jim, did you go?
I did Mike, Looked out for you but as you know it was very crowded in there. Spotted your GSA in the car park and I guessed you saw my silver XM? It was two rows in front...

It was a good show :-D

Enjoy Somerset!
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
uhn113x
1997 ZX 1.9D Dimension.

Post by uhn113x »

Did see XM, Jim, and thought it just might be you - there was at least one Xantia as well.
'Twas a really good do.
I'll definitely spot you at Little Horwood!
Mike in West Yorks
1982 GSA Pallas
1982 Dyane
1997 ZX Dimension
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

uhn113x wrote:Did see XM, Jim, and thought it just might be you - there was at least one Xantia as well.
I saw the Xantia Mike, very tidy one wasn't it?

Looking forward to seeing you a Little Horwood :)
Jim

uhn113x
1997 ZX 1.9D Dimension.

Post by uhn113x »

Xantia did look good, Jim. I would have had a closer look (and your XM) but it started raining! As it is now; just come back from Somerset camping, so it's drying out week at UHN Towers. Plus reducing Inbox from 147 to 0.

Not decided which car to go in yet at LH.
Mike in West Yorks
1982 GSA Pallas
1982 Dyane
1997 ZX Dimension
Citroening
My Cars: Various Makes/Models Nowadays...

Post by Citroening »

There's big news about the CX, XM and Xantia Rally. Following the CX Section Committee Meeting that was held at the DSM, we are pleased to announce details for the Rally (6/7/8th September). Please see below for the Rally Advert...

Once again we are proud to announce that both entry and camping all weekend will be free! This free entry is not just to CCC Members either - it's extended to non-members too. We had a cracking turnout last year of over 150 cars which included 22 CXs, 30 XMs and 25 Xantias however we know you can do better...! If possible we'd like to see more than 170 cars over the weekend - it's up to you of course however don't let us down...! It is worth mentioning that a donation bucket will be present for donations at your discretion - this is to help us cover the £300 cost to just hire the site for the weekend.

To kick the rally off on Friday Evening the famous Fish and Chip van will be making an appearance at around 7:00pm to 7:30pm. Once everyone has enjoyed their fish supper then many folk normally have a good natter about all things Citroen related, whilst others break out the jars of infamous pickled eggs and enjoy an alcoholic beverage (or ten...) of their choice...

On Saturday & Sunday Morning, Buffett Breakfasts will be available at the Shoulder of Mutton Pub from 8am to 10am, as per last year.

At midday on Saturday we will depart for our convoy drive which is kindly going to be organised by Jim Eastment. Jim is organising a scenic route through the lanes and backroads to the Chinnor and Princes Risborough Railway and upon arrival we will be able to go on a train ride along the line that runs over a 3 ½ mile stretch along the foot of the Chiltern Hills running parallel to the Icknield Way, passing through attractive countryside with some outstanding views across the Vale of Whiteleaf.

On Saturday Evening we will pop down to the Shoulder of Mutton Pub for the Evening Buffet Meal. The cost will be £15 per head and it is an all you can eat buffet arrangement.

Refreshments on the Saturday and Sunday Afternoons will be available in the clubhouse kitchen that include Filled Rolls, Tea, Coffee and Soft Drinks.

There will be trophies for Best CX, XM and Xantia present, with rosettes too for 1st, 2nd and 3rd. Also there is of course the Roger Bradford “Roger’s Choice” Trophy (the car he would exclaim "Good God" at if he had seen it...) and the Eileen Stearnes Trophy (the car that has been improved the most and deserves special recognition...)

As well as the prize giving on the Sunday Afternoon, there will of course be the raffle.

...and of course the brilliant atmosphere that is only the CX, XM and Xantia Rally!

Don't forget those pickled eggs... :wink:

See you there!
Franklin
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

The visit to the Chinnor and Princes Risborough Railway is very much on and some more details have been confirmed...

catering will be available there in the dining cars and the food sounds very luscious indeed. No BR sandwiches and pork pies even though we'll be eating in BR vehicles!

The visit will include a ride in a Class 121'Bubble' DMU and was in fact the one that used to ply the route between Bletchley and Bedford on the Marston Vale line years ago; the last remaining part of the old Oxford-Cambridge 'Varsity Line' still carrying passenger traffic.

We'd appreciate and idea of numbers whop would like to attend as that will assist the railway people no end in planning...
Jim

Citroening
My Cars: Various Makes/Models Nowadays...

Post by Citroening »

Many thanks for the extra details Jim.

Just to make it clear to everyone that the convoy will be leaving the rally field at Midday on Saturday.
Franklin
Citroenmad
My Cars: 07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10

Post by Citroenmad »

Sounds like another great CCC event!

I'll be there all weekend and up for the convoy drive, sounds good :-D

I'll be bringing along the Activa for this one.
Chris
07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

Citroenmad wrote: I'll be bringing along the Activa for this one.
Excellent Chris...

I may have another go at getting mine and the XM there for this one...
Jim

uhn113x
1997 ZX 1.9D Dimension.

Post by uhn113x »

CitroJim wrote:
We'd appreciate and idea of numbers whop would like to attend as that will assist the railway people no end in planning...
Us two, Jim.

Sounds like a fantastic event; sorry, no Xantias here so it'll either be GSA or Dyane. :-D
Mike in West Yorks
1982 GSA Pallas
1982 Dyane
1997 ZX Dimension
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

No worries Mike, it'll be lovely to see you whatever you arrive in :)

I'll be trying for one of my Xantias and my XM. I'll try to get the Xantia V6 there and then all three of mine will have done rallies this year..
Jim