DSM Rally 28-30th June 2013

A place to discuss any upcoming meets, club rallies and general get togethers.

Moderator: RichardW

CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Re: DSM Rally 28-30th June 2013

Post by CitroJim »

Mark, happy birthday!!!

A good friend is 50 this weekend too and for that reason on Saturday I'll be leaving the rally early to celebrate it...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Citroening
My Cars: Various Makes/Models Nowadays...

Post by Citroening »

Bump! This weekend.

Looks like we'll pop along tomorrow, probably in the boy-racer C4 to lower the tone... :twisted:

Weather is actually looking promising for tomorrow...
Franklin
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

It was gorgeous weather on Saturday. I got sunburned and hoarse from talking too much..

I'll be there all today in the silver XM...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

A most excellent rally and very well enjoyed..

I'm going to suffer though as despite slapping on the old factor 30 I'm looking even more of a lobster than I did yesterday..

Cracking weather :-D
Jim

red_dwarfers
(Donor 2020)
My Cars:

Post by red_dwarfers »

Glad to hear it was a good one :)

I've been battling seized rear brake pistons this weekend :(
Kev

'19 C4 Cactus 130 Flair
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

red_dwarfers wrote: I've been battling seized rear brake pistons this weekend :(
Poor you Kev :twisted:

There was a veritable feast of Gs at DSM this year and I reckon they outnumberd all the 'foreigners'

We had a very respectable 4 XMs there but the Xantia turnout was extremely poor..

One notable was a private plated silver Activa... Not sure whose it was as I never got to see the owner..
Jim

Citroening

Post by Citroening »

Can only really echo what Jim has said - especially that the weather was glorious too.

A good turnout, not huge however still a fair amount. Shame it went quite quickly, and couldn't stay too long as had to get back.

Few pictures...

Franklin
Citroenmad
My Cars: 07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
07 Citroen C5 HDi VTR - Red
09 Citroen C3 1.4i VTR - Silver
01 Citroen Saxo 1.1i Forte - Mango Orange
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10

Post by Citroenmad »

I'm disappointed I missed this but had family things to sort out today. I wont be missing the National or CXM though :-D

Looks like the weather turned out good for you :)
Chris
07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
07 Citroen C5 HDi VTR - Red
09 Citroen C3 1.4i VTR - Silver
01 Citroen Saxo 1.1i Forte - Mango Orange
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10
JonM
My Cars:

Post by JonM »

My CCC DSM Rally 2013 Report & Pics...
[See seperate Thread in Events Section]

Yet another busy weekend just, didn’t get go until Saturday morning as was working away last week & didn’t get home until 2am saturday morning, in need of some sleep.
So after a well earn't 7 hours sleep, once up we packed the cars with all the camping gear etc, the missus & kids & set off Little Horwood.
Bearing in mind the location is close to Silverstone Circuit & being British Grand Prix weekend, we feared heavy traffic problems, but to our relief we didn’t have any problems / hold ups en route, & arrived at approx. 1pm, pitch our tent & started to chillout.
The weather was truly perfect all weekend!!
Once again we had an absolute FAB weekend, all getting a little sunburnt despite liberal suncream application.
We love Little Horwood & really forward to being back there for the forthcoming Citroen Car Club [CCC] CX, XM & Xantia Rally on the 6th to 8th September

Just uploaded my pics onto my website - to see my pics visit http://public.fotki.com/JonM/ccc-dsm-rally-2013/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Jon, Esther & Kids [Beth, Josh & Rosie]
Citroen C4 VTS+ By Loeb [S/N. 0257] - 197.1 bhp [Post Remap] / Torque: 147.2 Ft-Lb [Post Remap]
Citroen 2CV6 Special - 33 BHP - 602cc flat twin air cooled Snail (°\=/°)
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

Citroenmad wrote: Looks like the weather turned out good for you :)
It was a little too good if anything Chris.. I expect more than just I got a bit burned in the sun :-D

Missed you there. Didn't seem right to be at a rally without you there... Stuill, I'll see you at the national with my Activa..

Jon, wonderful photos but both you and Franklin missed taking any pictures of the XMs there. What did we do wrong?
Jim

Trainman
(Donor 2018)
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: 2008 C6 2.7 Exclusive in Mativoire Beige with Vitali Leather.
2019 C5 1.6 Aircross Flair+ in Platinum Grey with Claudia Rimini Leather
2017 1.6HDi Berlingo Van - the works van

Post by Trainman »

CitroJim wrote:
Citroenmad wrote: Looks like the weather turned out good for you :)
It was a little too good if anything Chris.. I expect more than just I got a bit burned in the sun :-D
It certainly was warm, I look like a lobster still.... Don't say it before you do....... [-X

Anyway, here's a link to some of the pictures I took over the weekend, I had a grand time, apart from a severe case of hayfever.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/c6exclusiv ... 440604917/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Steve

2008 C6 2.7 Exclusive in Mativoire Beige with Vitali Leather.
2019 C5 1.6 Aircross Flair+ in Platinum Grey with Claudia Rimini Leather

http://c6owners.org/index.php
Citroening

Post by Citroening »

Great pics Steve! =D>

Anyone else notice Nigel's camper was out of tax...! :lol: #-o

Franklin
red_dwarfers
(Donor 2020)
My Cars:

Post by red_dwarfers »

Maybe he can't afford it :lol:
Kev