Forum fees?

Forum News, Announcements and any issues you're having with the forum

Moderator: myglaren

CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Re: Forum fees?

Post by CitroJim »

Hi Mike,

A very reasonable question indeed. People have donated and it is very reasonable that you want to know what's happening to it.

Yes, David (Ellevie) still does a fine job of being treasurer :-D

Currently the fourm fund is looking very healthy.

The funds are used to ensure that Xac, who hosts the forum websites, is not too much out of pocket with regard to hardware used and the running costs. To date we have bought Xac a big lump of memory for his host machine and paid the yearly subscription costs for the outgoing email service.

That has been the sum total of expenditure so far. In the future we'll be helping Xac with his Internet connection costs and any replacement hardware used for the forums that may need replacement through fair wear and tear.

Note that all purchases in this respect have to be agreed amongst all us admins.

I am responsible for the domain registration and will need to draw on funds at some point to renew these. Neither I nor Xac make any charges for the electricity we use.

The fund is slowly building in the forum account, which David ( and all admins) have sight of, and will be allowed to build to ensure we have funds to ensure the forums continue long into the future.

We need to keep a good contingency in case Xac or I are absolutely unable to host the forums for any reason and we need to return to managed hosting that may cost a considerable amount per month.

Any further questions, just shout...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Location: NEW South Wales, Australia. I'll show you "Far, far away" ;-)
My Cars: Peugeot 605
Citroën Berlingo
Alfa 147

Post by addo »

Flicked you £20-odd towards the bandwidth I consume. :P
Northern_Mike

Post by Northern_Mike »

addo wrote:Flicked you £20-odd towards the bandwidth I consume. :P

How do I donate so I may continue to download massive posts?
addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Citroën Berlingo
Alfa 147

Post by addo »

It's here:

http://www.frenchcarforum.co.uk/forum/v ... 13&t=26053" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Welshy_Pete
My Cars: 306 hdi 1999 + 306 hdi 2000

Post by Welshy_Pete »

It would be nice if you could see who is supporting the forum by paying. So there name could be a different colour also near the avatar a payed supporter.

When I come on here I cant tell the difference between somebody who donated to a normal free members.
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

It was decided against in case it started any kind of 'elitism'.
Donations are up to the individual and anonymous. Only David knows who donates and how much. Being the banker he has to but this info is not shared.
Northern_Mike

Post by Northern_Mike »

Welshy_Pete wrote:It would be nice if you could see who is supporting the forum by paying. So there name could be a different colour also near the avatar a payed supporter.
I don't like this idea. I don't mind paying but I couldn't afford to a couple of years ago but relied on the guys here and the information (and parts from Jim) to keep Rattiva going. Others could afford it. Now I can afford it, maybe some of those who could then can't now... what goes around comes around etc.

I'd hate the FCF to become like countless other forums where you HAVE to pay monthly subs to get any useful information. (Scoobynet, MX5OC, ukcougar, Pumapeople etc)
addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Citroën Berlingo
Alfa 147

Post by addo »

I've made "guerrilla" donations to another forum where admin have agreed to identify another person as the donor. It's my way around the elitism thing. In the case of this forum I raised the issue only because I wasn't sure if DH was still doing treasury.

P.S. Is "ukcougar" a dating site? :twisted:
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

All contributions gratefully received folks..

We're building up a nice balance now and this will ensure the long-term future of the forum. Mostly the funds are used to replace hardware used by the hosting servers and to purchase necessary internet services and domain registrations..

If anyone ever wishes to examine the finances of the form then they're very welcome. Just get in touch with me.
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Citroën Berlingo
Alfa 147

Post by addo »

Excellent news; glad to hear you're working with a slight buffer.
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Re:

Post by myglaren »

addo wrote:Excellent news; glad to hear you're working with a slight buffer.
Oi!
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Re: Re:

Post by CitroJim »

myglaren wrote:
addo wrote:Excellent news; glad to hear you're working with a slight buffer.
Oi!
Yes quite... Oi!
Jim

addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Citroën Berlingo
Alfa 147

Post by addo »

You want more? :mrgreen: