H Van Rally 2013 Donington Park Circuit

A place to discuss any upcoming meets, club rallies and general get togethers.

Moderator: RichardW

JonM
My Cars:

H Van Rally 2013 Donington Park Circuit

Post by JonM »

Hi just got home from being at the H Van & Friends Rally 2013 @ Donnington Park Circuit
Which included a visit to the Donington Museum where, & I quote the Donington Park Website…

“The Donington Grand Prix Collection is, quite simply, the largest showcase of Grand Prix racing cars in the world.
Four halls, with over 130 exhibits, illustrate the history of motorsport from the turn of the 20th Century, where visitors can get close to the cars driven by such famous names as Nuvolari, Mansell, Prost, Moss, Fangio & Stewart.
The Donington Grand Prix Collection houses the largest collection of McLaren & Williams racing cars in the world (outside of their respective factories) & the only complete collection of Vanwalls.
In addition to the Grand Prix cars, part of The Wheatcroft Collection has also gone on display at the world famous Donington Grand Prix Collection.
The first hall has been transformed to hold part of the collection 'never seen before in public'.
A number of World War II vehicles and motorcycles have arrived at the museum & more are expected to join these vehicles throughout the coming year.
Kevin Wheatcroft, the collections founder, said "The time is right to open the doors to some of these treasures. I have been badgered for many years to show these vehicles to the public & very much look forward to adding more vehicles as each month goes by".
Link: http://www.donington-park.co.uk/about-d ... ollection/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The Donington Museum Manager is an H Van owner & kindly allowed rally attendees discount on admission to Donington Museum [Normal entry fee: £20 for family of 5 / Subsidised H Van Rally attendee admission fee: £8

Onsite were an H Van Bar & Café
Drive around circuit with H Vans & BBQ on Saturday evening

Contacts: John Sobey - e: hvan@bigfoot.com / Tel: 01453 542220 or Martyn Brown - e: martyn@hvan.co.uk

No.s I’m told were unfortunately, down on previous years mainly due to the weather which was overcast & breezy. Though better than the rain forecasted all day.

Please visit my website @ Link: http://public.fotki.com/JonM/h-van-rally-2013/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; & view my pics.

Thanks, Jon
Citroen C4 VTS+ By Loeb [S/N. 0257] - 197.1 bhp [Post Remap] / Torque: 147.2 Ft-Lb [Post Remap]
Citroen 2CV6 Special - 33 BHP - 602cc flat twin air cooled Snail (°\=/°)