CitroenUK DS3 Day 2013 Brighton & Simply French 2013

A place to discuss any upcoming meets, club rallies and general get togethers.

Moderator: RichardW

JonM
My Cars:

CitroenUK DS3 Day 2013 Brighton & Simply French 2013

Post by JonM »

Citroen UK DS3Club DS3 Day 2013 Brighton & Simply French 2013 at Beaulieu Motor Museum

Wow what a busy but great weekend!!

On Saturday 11th May we went down to Brighton for an event put on by Citroen UK [CUK] in association with DS3Club for the DS3 Day held on Madeira Drive Brighton BN2 1EN

There were 3x DS3Club convoy points en route,
- Meet 1 @ Pease Pottage Services [M23 Southbound] @ 09.10am
- Meet 2 @ Devils Dyke Pub [BN1 8YJ] @ 09.45am
- Meet 3 @ Asda Brighton Marina [BN2 5UT] @ 10.30am

We then all headed off into Brighton arriving on Madeira Drive Brighton [BN2 1EN] at 11.30am where
CUK where holding the ‘Best Turned Out 2013’ competition in Brighton for DS3 Owners

CUK provided free parking, & on arrival Citroen UK supplied all occupants of each DS3 with a DS3Club Brighton 2013 car sticker and cap and an amazing Carluccio's Alfreso Classic Picnic in Cool bag for the Adults & a Carluccio's Picnic boxes for the chldren]
If this was not enough we all were given a DS3 Racing DVD pack too.

In addition to all this there was a H Van serving complementary coffee and crapes, and the Nutella crapes were perfect!!

Prizes: There were prizes for two runners up and overall winner!
The two runners up received a a box a chocolates and the overall winner received a iPod [latest with Bluetooth compatibility] and a box a chocolates.

Please visit my website to view my Pics & some Video Clips @ Link: http://public.fotki.com/jonm/citroen-uk--ds3club/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Despite a mixed weather forecast the weather held up and turned out to be an amazingly sunny day - we even got sunburnt.

On Saturday night Esther, the 3 kids and I stopped over at a great little B&B in Poole, going ouyt in the evening for food & drinks [not that we needed much more food after the complementary and amazing Carluccio's Alfreso Classic Picnic in Cool bag [Adults] & Carluccio's Picnic boxes [Chldren]

Then on Sunday 12 MAY we attended…
2nd 'Simply French' gathering of French cars of all shapes & sizes @ Beaulieu Motor Museum, nr Brockenhurst, Hampshire, SO42 7ZN http://www.beaulieu.co.uk/beaulieu-events" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Event featured a display of French cars of all shapes & sizes and later, a cavalcade in the main arena area of 20 cars chosen from all rally entrants with one car was selected as winner of the People's Choice Award.
The competition was open to all owners of French cars taking part in the rally & took place at approx. 2.45pm
This year’s show was sponsored by Citroën UK, who displayed a selection of their latest models in a bourgeois café scene serving complementary coffee, hot chocolate, Pain au Chocolate, croissants and ‘Citroen Fairy Cakes, in the parkland, complimented by traditional French music.
Admission / Vehicle entry included entry into the whole Beaulieu attraction.

The weather wesn’t quite as good as on Saturday with, again contrary to the forecast, but was a nice but sometimes overcast day. The rain held off until just after the awards.

Please visit my website to view my Pics & some Video Clips @ Link: http://public.fotki.com/jonm/simply-french-2013-/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Jon
Citroen C4 VTS+ By Loeb [S/N. 0257] - 197.1 bhp [Post Remap] / Torque: 147.2 Ft-Lb [Post Remap]
Citroen 2CV6 Special - 33 BHP - 602cc flat twin air cooled Snail (°\=/°)
red_dwarfers
(Donor 2020)
My Cars:

Re: CitroenUK DS3 Day 2013 Brighton & Simply French 2013

Post by red_dwarfers »

I didn't get down until the afternoon. Was loving the free coffee, pain au chocolat and cupcakes!

Kev

'19 C4 Cactus 130 Flair