New guy with a 605 SRTi...

A forum for new members to introduce themselves to the rabble already onboard. Not compulsory!
Tell us a little about yourself, lie if you have to but keep it to just an introduction, not a car discussion.

Moderator: RichardW

ThePollitt
New User

New guy with a 605 SRTi...

Post by ThePollitt »

Word up y'all, or should I say hello, what with being a mature member of the 605 driving fraternity?

Anyway, I'm Chris and I recently stumbled on your wonderful looking forum while searching for information about my latest car, a 1995 Peugeot 605 SRTi. This one in fact...

It's rather French, and it's rather lovely. I've had over 130 car since the tender age of 14, but none of them have been French. Seems I've been missing out.

Here's some more info about the car, shamelessly cut and pasted from Retro Rides (for speed, because I'm at work you see)...

Two owners, 122k, full history, all the bills from new, six months tax, twelve months MOT and not a dent, ding or blemish in sight.

£488! Now that's a cheap car. Never did I think I'd get something so nice for so little. Nor did I think I'd get something so large!

It is wonderful though, in every sense of the word. It drives like it's rolling on pressed velvet and for a big old madame she handles well, too. The engine is the seldom-seen-in-a-605-because-they-all-end-up-in-205s 2.0 8v turbo, delivering 145bhp. It's no drag racer, but overtaking is a joy thanks to the mid-range torque on offer from the blower.

There's electric everything as well and even more impressively, it all works, which is nice. Battery fuelled gizmos also include the amazing OEM head-unit and of course, the obligatory Peugeot anti-theft key-pad thingy.

So, there you go. Here I am, and I'm looking forward to making some [inbetweeners]internet friends[/inbetweeners] here over the coming months.

Hope you like the car. Also, I'd be thrilled to see other 605s as I believe they're quite a rear beast, especially the SRTi.

Thanks,

Chris
Trainman
(Donor 2018)
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: 2008 C6 2.7 Exclusive in Mativoire Beige with Vitali Leather.
2019 C5 1.6 Aircross Flair+ in Platinum Grey with Claudia Rimini Leather
2017 1.6HDi Berlingo Van - the works van

Re: New guy with a 605 SRTi...

Post by Trainman »

Welcome Chris, strangely enough, there's one near me that I see quite frequently.
Steve

2008 C6 2.7 Exclusive in Mativoire Beige with Vitali Leather.
2019 C5 1.6 Aircross Flair+ in Platinum Grey with Claudia Rimini Leather

http://c6owners.org/index.php
sandybx
My Cars: Ctroen,s SAAB, s Vauxhall,s.

Post by sandybx »

Dear ThePollitt,
Welcome, that is a wonderful looking 605 you have there, lovely colour too, and a bargain too 8-)
Vince,
1992 Citroen BX TX i 1.6 auto with air con in White with 47,000 miles.
1988 SAAB classic 900 i with 3 spoke Ronals in rose quartz with 69,000 miles.
Welshy_Pete
My Cars: 306 hdi 1999 + 306 hdi 2000

Post by Welshy_Pete »

Hello welcome to the French Peugeot, Citroen and Renault car forum.