Greetings to all from Dr. Rog

A forum for new members to introduce themselves to the rabble already onboard. Not compulsory!
Tell us a little about yourself, lie if you have to but keep it to just an introduction, not a car discussion.

Moderator: RichardW

DrRog
My Cars:

Greetings to all from Dr. Rog

Post by DrRog »

Hello everyone.
Thank you for letting me on your forum.
I am a great fan of forums. I received a great deal of help on the Volvo Community (Volvo Owners Club) forum that helped me run my 940s for several years. I also received some valuable advice on 406oc.co.uk, a great place for 406 owners. I have over 4,000 posts on the Unofficial Mamod forum.

Needless to say I like to post my own threads, which I hope to make interesting and informative. I used to be very hands-on, I am a mechanical engineer and love machines, but a few aches and pains are making that difficult nowadays, so I am getting more like the majority of people and using mechanics more.

I am a long suffering owner of French cars. (Oh the burden of love.)
My first car, bought and run by me, was a Renault 12, never has a car had so much welding and so many different shades of yellow applied to it.

My favourite, until recently was a Peugeot 505 GTI Family estate. Possibly the most balanced design I ever saw. Huge interior, seven forward facing seats, but sublime steering like it was a go-cart, a limited-slip diff and a low ratio gearbox. It held an Alpha twin spark off on a steep hill once. Fantastic.

After an extended period in Volvo 940s, one did 225,000 miles, I needed a more frugal car so gambled on a '96 Pug 406 estate, a 2.2 12V. great engine, hugely entertaining on-boost, but smoky and at 17 years old this under-cared for example fell apart quicker than I could fix it.

Desperate for a car that could pass an MOT, but also needing a soft ride as my wife was due back surgery, I "invested" in a "53" Espace. At only 9 years old this is the second youngest car I have ever owned and easily the best condition. Only 100 000 miles - almost immaculate it has clearly been loved, with full service history and the cleanest engine inside (looking in the filler cap) I have ever seen. The 3.5 V6 is a gem of an engine and makes for an effortless cruiser and rapid progress when ever needed. The space inside this generous minivan is amazing, this has to be my favourite now, I just love it.

You will not be surprised that it hosts a Gremlin or 5, so I will be posting a few questions, and hopefully the resolution to any problems. It will be nice meeting you. :-D
Cheers
Rog

Mk IV Grand Espace 3.5 V6, formally Peuget 505 GTI Family
Kids don't mean you have to stop having fun :D
red_dwarfers
(Donor 2020)
My Cars:

Re: Greetings to all from Dr. Rog

Post by red_dwarfers »

Welcome to the forum dr rog. Last 505 I saw was in France, it was a 4x4 conversion in blue and of course yellow headlight bulbs!
Kev

'19 C4 Cactus 130 Flair
R9UKE
My Cars:

Post by R9UKE »

What can I say... There's a huge 3.5 V6 Espace shaped hole in my French car fleet which I'm dying to fill. Great to see somebody on here with one, I take my hat off to you :-D

Welcome along and I'll be tracking your life with that animal of an Espace!
French is best.
DrRog
My Cars:

Post by DrRog »

Thanks for the welcome chaps :)
Cheers
Rog

lexi
(Donor 2020)
My Cars:

Post by lexi »

That is a very interesting intro. Welcome to forum. A very nice choice of superbus :-D
Citroen C5 1.6 HDI 110bhp Estate 06 plate

French Mistresses gone.
Citroen C5 HDI Mk 1 hatchback
Vel Satis 3.5 v6
ZX 1.9D Est.
ZX 1.9DHatch
Xantia 1.9td est.
Xantia 2.0 hdi Est.
Xantia V6 MK1
Xantia V6 MK 2
Welshy_Pete
My Cars: 306 hdi 1999 + 306 hdi 2000

Post by Welshy_Pete »

Hello welcome to the French Peugeot, Citroen and Renault car forum.
DrRog
My Cars:

Post by DrRog »

Cheers
Rog