CCC East Midlands Group - Technical Weekend - 25-27th May

A place to discuss any upcoming meets, club rallies and general get togethers.

Moderator: RichardW

Citroening
My Cars: Various Makes/Models Nowadays...

CCC East Midlands Group - Technical Weekend - 25-27th May

Post by Citroening »

As promised all, some more details and a proper thread re the Technical Weekend of the East Midlands Group of the CCC. You may have seen the preliminary thread here, posted by Mark.

I must stress, however, that the details are subject to possible change.. Details are still being confirmed however I will keep this updated!

Being held at Bourne Citroen Centre - Unit 1, Eastgate Industrial Estate, Cherry Holt Rd, Bourne, Lincolnshire PE10 9JY.

Everyone is welcome, whatever Citroen you drive!

Barry plans to run it from Saturday 25th May to Monday 27th May - which is the bank holiday.

Also, there should be camping in place at the local rugby club too.

As mentionned, these details are subject to possible change, however I'll keep this thread updated.
Franklin
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Re: CCC East Midlands Group - Technical Weekend - 25-27th Ma

Post by CitroJim »

Sounds like it could be a fun weekend.

I wonder if Barry would like to use my XM as a guinea pig to demonstrate how to replace an oxygen sensor?

:lol: :lol:
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Citroening
My Cars: Various Makes/Models Nowadays...

Post by Citroening »

As mentioned, some more details from Barry...

Starting from 10AM on Saturday 25th May.

Around 6PM on Saturday Evening we can either have a BBQ at the campsite or people can go into town for food/drink. At the campsite there is a Function Hall which we can use.

Sunday 26th again starts at 10AM until 6PM. Once again up to folk as to whether you want the BBQ or go into town.

Monday 27th can be used to finish up any small jobs if needed.

We could not get the rugby club HOWEVER we have a better alternative. Situated 4.5 miles from Bourne Citroen Centre is the Windmill Farm Caravan Park (website here). There are 10-15 plots availible at £14 per night for two people. (There are showers and toilets on site - please note apparently this is an adults only camp site due to H&S and it being a working farm...)

Please let us know if you wish to camp as we need to book the spaces...

Also could people let us know what sort of things people want to see or do on their cars.

Feel free to post below, PM me, or contact Barry directly on bournecitroen (AT) tesco (DOT) net or ring the garage on 01778 394 777.

Of course there will be plenty of Tea and Coffee available throughout the day...

Thanks!
Franklin
gadgetgricey

Post by gadgetgricey »

Hi there,

Would like to put my name forward to attend, probably just the Saturday though as wont be stopping over.

Got an issue with the blower motor on my Xantia if there is time to look/advise/resolve, if not just happy to help out/learn on other issues that are presented.

Thanks to all who are organising this, and hopefully should be a good weekend.

Thanks again

- Dave -
C8 - Petrol Auto (Love the electronic doors)
Xantia Hdi Exclusive Estate (gone but not forgotten)
mds141
(Donor 2016)

Post by mds141 »

BUMP!! This weekend everyone. I'll be attending all weekend. I'm bringing along the XM and BXClub HQ. Quite a few of the BXCLUB contingent will be in attendance and hopefully it will be a good weekend. :)
Mark Smith.

1989 Citroen BX Gti 16 valve.
2000 Citroen XM VSX 2.1 TD.
jacksun1987

Post by jacksun1987 »

Should have took mine there
mds141
(Donor 2016)

Post by mds141 »

It was a great weekend Paul. Slightly disappointing turnout, but that didn't detract from the overall enjoyment.

A good selection of models were in attendance. From Mike Cottingham's superb 1974 DS 23, through to my XM, a handful of BX's and Mike Harker's lovely yellow Visa.

The weather was gorgeous, with many of us suffering sunburn to prove the appearance of el sol :)

We all enjoyed a lovely meal on the Saturday night, with the mussels in garlic, white wine and cream going down especially well.

Many thanks to Barry and Pauline for putting up with us all and for supplying enough tea and biscuits to sink a battleship.

Here's to the next technical weekend. :-)
Mark Smith.

1989 Citroen BX Gti 16 valve.
2000 Citroen XM VSX 2.1 TD.
Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023
My Cars: C5 Mk2 VTX+ estate.

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

I wish I had able to get there, but I had a family commitment (and was working on the Monday).
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Yes, I am paranoid, but am I paranoid ENOUGH?
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!
JonM
My Cars:

Post by JonM »

I also went in my DS3 Racing to the Citroen Car Club East Midlands Technical Weekend at Bourne Citroën Centre & had good day - even the sun shone

My pics can be viewed on my website @ Link: http://public.fotki.com/JonM/ccc-east-midlands-t/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Jon
Citroen C4 VTS+ By Loeb [S/N. 0257] - 197.1 bhp [Post Remap] / Torque: 147.2 Ft-Lb [Post Remap]
Citroen 2CV6 Special - 33 BHP - 602cc flat twin air cooled Snail (°\=/°)