CCC Northern Rally May 2013

A place to discuss any upcoming meets, club rallies and general get togethers.

Moderator: RichardW

tim leech
(Donor 2016)
My Cars:

CCC Northern Rally May 2013

Post by tim leech »

May 17-19th 2013, Wetherby Racecourse as previously, always a good Citroen turnout with Sunday being the most popular day.

Any Car Enthusiasts welcome

£5 per car normally on the gate.

http://www.wetherbyracing.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
1994 XANTIA 1.8i SX 132k, From new, Slumbering
1991 BX TZD Turbo, 192k Batttered/Awaiting Resto
1991 BX 19TZi Auto 93k Factory A/C
1991 BX 16 TGS Athena (project), mechanically sorted just a bit scruffy!
1985 BX 19GT 57k beige wonder
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Re: CCC Northern Rally May 2013

Post by CitroJim »

I plan to be there Tim, provided the People's Democratic Republic of Yorkshire will issue me a visa..
tim leech wrote: £5 per car normally on the gate.
What if our cars are not normally on gates?
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Eddie Nuff
New User
My Cars:

Post by Eddie Nuff »

CitroJim wrote:provided the People's Democratic Republic of Yorkshire will issue me a visa.
Not a given. :P
Citroenmad
My Cars: 07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
07 Citroen C5 HDi VTR - Red
09 Citroen C3 1.4i VTR - Silver
01 Citroen Saxo 1.1i Forte - Mango Orange
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10

Post by Citroenmad »

I'll be there :)
Chris
07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Re:

Post by CitroJim »

Eddie Nuff wrote:
CitroJim wrote:provided the People's Democratic Republic of Yorkshire will issue me a visa.
Not a given. :P
Ahh well, I've been a good boy recently so I hope they'll look on my application kindly...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Trainman
(Donor 2018)
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: 2008 C6 2.7 Exclusive in Mativoire Beige with Vitali Leather.
2019 C5 1.6 Aircross Flair+ in Platinum Grey with Claudia Rimini Leather
2017 1.6HDi Berlingo Van - the works van

Post by Trainman »

17th/18th/19th May – Northern Rally, Wetherby Racecourse

The Rally moves back to its normal weekend in May but we have ordered the same good weather as last year so here’s hoping. The running order for weekend is now finalised but you can keep up to speed with any changes or announcements on the newly established Northern Rally website http://www.citroencarclubnorthernrally.com

As usual Friday is set up day around the site buildings but those hardy souls who come for the weekend will be able to set up their tents or caravans from midday if they wish. In the evening, there will be a social in the main room as usual probably with a quiz courtesy of Geoff Henthorn.

Saturday sees the traders operational. There will be a little mystery run in the afternoon for those that want to see the countryside around Wetherby and the technical forum might well be available in the afternoon (to be confirmed). The BBQ will be lit at 5.30pm for those wanting to make use of it but please remember - BRING YOUR OWN FOOD

The evening entertainment will be Songsational, West Yorkshire based singing group whose repertoire ranges from musicals through 60s and 70s classics to the modern day. There’s even comedy thrown in as well. See what people think of them by having a look at their website http://www.songsational.co.uk Don’t forget, there isn’t a bar so bring your own alcoholic drinks but crisps and soft drinks will be available.

Sunday is the main attraction as ever with the judging for various prize categories. If you want your car to be judged then please ensure it’s on the hard standing outside the café by 12 noon. Judging will be completed by 2.00pm and the prize giving will be a round 3.30pm followed by the raffle draw.

Last year’s Trophy winners should contact David Keeton (see Regional Contacts page) to confirm if they are attending this year’s Rally and will return their trophy on the day or if not to arrange collection of that particular trophy before the Rally.

There will be a paint restoration company called Restore attending who may be able to undertake small paint jobs at the Rally or at least make arrangements to do work at your home. I’m also hoping to have another company called Dent Devils in attendance who can remove small dents without the need to paint.

There will be a separate technical forum for Members to ask about any issues with their cars although you shouldn’t necessarily assume it will be fixed at the event.

We will have a display of Birds of Prey and we intend this year to make use of the infamous “Wetherby breeze” blowing across the racecourse to have kite flying so make sure you or the kids come prepared.

Catering wise the café will be available during the day on Saturday and Sunday selling teas, coffees, soft drinks, sandwiches, cakes, biscuits and crisps and, on Sunday between about 9.30am and 11.30am depending on demand, the now famous Mandy’s Bacon Sarnies!

An additional attraction on Sunday this year will be Streatza, pizza’s from a red H Van that you may remember from ICCCR2012 last year. They write:-

We are a mobile pizzeria and street food kitchen called Streatza, operating from a 1969 Citroen H van. Our main product is high quality hand stretched pizzas which we prepare to order and cook on board in our wood fired oven. We also sell arancini (deep fried risotto balls stuffed with mozzarella cheese), and panzerotti (savoury mini calzone, also deep fried). We prepare everything ourselves, including making our own dough from genuine Italian Caputo flour. Our food is all suitable for vegetarians. We have a very convincing vegetarian chorizo pizza to keep the meat lovers happy, and we also offer a vegan cheese option, so we are able to cater for everyone.

A number of other clubs are being invited; 2CVGB, Traction Owners Club, Peugeot Owners Club, Renault Owners Club together with the various on-line Citroen model forums.

Day entry prices remain the same which is no charge Friday and Saturday and £5 for Sunday for (any) Club Members on production of a current Membership card or £6 for non-Members. There is a slight change in the camping pricing structure which is; £15 per camping unit for Saturday night or £20 per camping unit for the whole weekend, both prices include entry to the Rally on Sunday.

So make a note in your diaries of the dates and, if you have access to the internet, keep a look out for updates on the Rally website (see above), the Club website and on the Section’s Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/groups/124733034271415/ and Twitter site @CCCNorthern
Steve

2008 C6 2.7 Exclusive in Mativoire Beige with Vitali Leather.

http://c6owners.org/index.php
bxzx16v
My Cars: Past Frenchies , 4xBx16v,1xBxGti,1xBxTzd,2xZx Volcanes,1xZx reflex,1xPug 405mi16, 3x Xantia 1.9td's,1x Xantia activa, 2x Renault 25 V6 turbo, 1 Zx16v ,1 Pug 406 V6 coupe ,1x C8 , 1x Berlingo van , 1x Xanti 2.1td , 1x Renault Laguna 3

Post by bxzx16v »

I can't wait for this Steve , I will bring a Renault on Saturday & a Citroen on Sunday , result :)

Mark
2009 Landrover Freelander 2 TD4se (killed an Audi) , sadly now gone .
2012 Landrover Freelander 2 SD4 AUTO Love it . Now gone .
2014 Ford Bmax 1.0 Ecoboost Zetec . Fantastic little machine .Gone now.
2014 Ford Focus 2.0 Tdci Zetec S with the French heart.
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

Sounds great :-D The H van Pizza job sounds absolutely excellent. made me hungry just reading about it!!!
Jim

Trainman
(Donor 2018)

Post by Trainman »

I would love to go but I'll be on my belated honeymoon so can't attend, and no, I'm not brave enough to suggest 3 nights in Yorkshire opposed to 7 nights in the tropics
Steve

Citroenmad
My Cars: 07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10

Post by Citroenmad »

bxzx16v wrote:I can't wait for this Steve , I will bring a Renault on Saturday & a Citroen on Sunday , result :)

Mark
This is the great thing about a local event, I'll bring one Xantia one day and the other the next :-D
Chris
07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10
Trainman
(Donor 2018)

Post by Trainman »

**BUMP**
Steve

Citroening
My Cars: Various Makes/Models Nowadays...

Post by Citroening »

Hope it's a good one, don't forget plenty of pics please!
Franklin
Fake Concern
My Cars:

Post by Fake Concern »

Think I will have to give to give this one a miss. AA says 282.5 miles & 5hours 6 mins (so precise!)
Fake Concern, Volvo C30 T5 2011
Mrs Concern, Renault Moodus 1.6 Privilege 2004
Ms Concern No1, Pug 207 1.4 2008
Ms Concern No2, Citroen C4 VTS 2007
Eddie Nuff
New User
My Cars:

Post by Eddie Nuff »

Trainman wrote:The running order for weekend is now finalised but you can keep up to speed with any changes or announcements on the newly established Northern Rally website http://www.citroencarclubnorthernrally.com
When you open that site you get a temporary landing page.

http://www.citroencarclubnorthernrally.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

Try this as a temporary measure.