C4 Area?

Forum News, Announcements and any issues you're having with the forum

Moderator: myglaren

Captain Slow
My Cars: C5 Estate V6

C4 Area?

Post by Captain Slow »

Hi

I quite like this forum, and wondered if it would be possible to have a dedicated C4 sub section please?

I know there is C4 owners, but I find that forum very tricky to navigate and thought having a sub forum on here might be a useful addition now a few more people are getting their mitts on them.

Thanks!
daviemck2006
(Donor 2020)
My Cars: Far too many good ones to remember. Many BL, Vauxhall, Ford, Renault, Citroen, Peugeot, and now VAG

Re: C4 Area?

Post by daviemck2006 »

I agree entirely about the c4 owners, I'm not a fan of it and never look on there now. I did when I got the car, but they did not like me posting photos of my roof when I am claiming it, and deleted all my posts. I like this forum, had some good advice when I had the c5, however If there were to be a dedicated sub section for the c4, would that not mean there would really have to be a xantia one, c5 one, xm one etc? That's only my thoughts, I'm quite happy with the forum as it is, and like reading most of the posts, and if I were to need specific c4 advice I'm sure I would get it in the normal Citroen section, or in my own blog. I'm always thinking about other cars, perhaps have a second one as a hobby or project, not to keep, but just to try out and fix as necessary and sell on. If I do this then the c4 will be my car and I will have to try a xantia or xm, diesel or v6 or maybe all of the above, but not at the same time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Skoda Karoq 1.6tdi 2018
Citroen relay camper 2012
In the family
Seat Leon 1.5tsi tourer 2019 daughter 1
C1 vtr+ 2010 daughter 2
Captain Slow

Post by Captain Slow »

If find the wealth of knowledge on the site exceptional, but the delivery is far too cluttered.
Ben82
My Cars: C5 V6 2004

Post by Ben82 »

Problem is, you add more forums and it becomes too spread out, and you probably will end up with some of the more helpful folk sticking to the forums of their own cars.

We see this issue now with the Citroen/Peugeot split, someone will ask for help in the pug forum and not get any replies for days, they then post it in the Citroen forum and get a bunch of helpful replies within hours.

In reality for most problems people have, it will be within something that is shared with at least another model and likely the other brand rather than something that is unique to their model of car.

I would actually be more for merging the Pug and Citroen forums :)

Btw for me I've actually preferred using tapatalk on my phone for browsing the forum as the main views are unread and participated, which to me is far more useful as it means I can at a glance see what's new and I haven't read, and can easily see whether there has been any replies to threads I've posted in or subscribed to. It also helped me realise that the Pug forum threads are sometimes useful even though I don't have one :)
2004 Citroen C5 3L V6 Auto
Brit living in Sweden with an imported from Germany French Car!
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

The admins have discussed this and for reasons that almost parallel Ben's have decided against a dedicated C4 forum.
Although there has been a very sharp increase in C4 owners here they are still in a minority.
Captain Slow

Post by Captain Slow »

Fair points. Hadn't given thought to the fact you would need c5, c6 dedicated areas too.
Fake Concern
My Cars:

Post by Fake Concern »

I usually look at either "new posts" or "view your posts" rather than particular areas. Having said that I like the idea of a C4 area, but can see why it's not doable.
How about a general C4 thread (this one could be it) for any C4 stuff & then our own threads for stuff about our specific cars?
Fake Concern, Volvo C30 T5 2011
Mrs Concern, Renault Moodus 1.6 Privilege 2004
Ms Concern No1, Pug 207 1.4 2008
Ms Concern No2, Citroen C4 VTS 2007
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Captain Slow wrote:If find the wealth of knowledge on the site exceptional, but the delivery is far too cluttered.
That is a problem we're all aware of but it's one of the downsides of having a forum that's been going for nearly 13 years now...

You should see how big the forum database is now. It takes me 20 minutes of FTP time to drag a backup of it from the production server each morning...

What we really need is a real and proper search engine on it. An FCFoogle perhaps...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
daviemck2006
(Donor 2020)
My Cars: Far too many good ones to remember. Many BL, Vauxhall, Ford, Renault, Citroen, Peugeot, and now VAG

Post by daviemck2006 »

CitroJim wrote:
Captain Slow wrote:If find the wealth of knowledge on the site exceptional, but the delivery is far too cluttered.
That is a problem we're all aware of but it's one of the downsides of having a forum that's been going for nearly 13 years now...

You should see how big the forum database is now. It takes me 20 minutes of FTP time to drag a backup of it from the production server each morning...

What we really need is a real and proper search engine on it. An FCFoogle perhaps...
I think he may be speaking about the c4owners :wink: :lol:
Skoda Karoq 1.6tdi 2018
Citroen relay camper 2012
In the family
Seat Leon 1.5tsi tourer 2019 daughter 1
C1 vtr+ 2010 daughter 2
Xaccers
My Cars:

Post by Xaccers »

CitroJim wrote: What we really need is a real and proper search engine on it. An FCFoogle perhaps...
I know, if only it were as simple as say clicking on the Search button at the top of each page and entering your search keywords in the box marked Google Search Query and then click on the button labelled Google Search.
;)
1.9TD+ SX Xantia Estate (Cassy) running on 100% veg
1.9TD SX Xantia Hatchback (Jenny) running on 100% veg for sale
Laguna II 2.0dCi Privilege (Monty)

DIY sphere tool
Captain Slow

Post by Captain Slow »

daviemck2006 wrote:
CitroJim wrote:

I think he may be speaking about the c4owners :wink: :lol:
Indeed I was
Fake Concern
My Cars:

Post by Fake Concern »

Just thought I'd let C4 owners on here know that there is a new Bookface page for the C4. Not sure if this will link to it or to my Bookface! https://www.facebook.com/groups/611707732204650/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
If that doesn't work, search citroen c4uk in Bookface.
Fake Concern, Volvo C30 T5 2011
Mrs Concern, Renault Moodus 1.6 Privilege 2004
Ms Concern No1, Pug 207 1.4 2008
Ms Concern No2, Citroen C4 VTS 2007