Hey all.

A forum for new members to introduce themselves to the rabble already onboard. Not compulsory!
Tell us a little about yourself, lie if you have to but keep it to just an introduction, not a car discussion.

Moderator: RichardW

smidsy

Hey all.

Post by smidsy »

Hey all, just a quick hi

Ive owned Xantias for years and a couple of peugeot 406's too, and a 306 convertible when i think of it....

currently got a 2.1 xantia and that brings me to the reason of joining the forum!

i had a slight crash a couple of weeks ago (my first in 19 years of driving, gutted) and need to source a bonnet and bumper in balmoral blue. hoping i might get pointed in the right direction here.

as i side note ive been running my Xantias for years on WVO and biodiesel and can help point anyone else in the right direction if they need any help with doing the same
Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023
My Cars: C5 Mk2 VTX+ estate.

Re: Hey all.

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

Hello smidsy, and welcome to the Forum. Not trying to live up to your tag, were you?

It is likely that somebody will come along and let you know they have the bits you need. The other thing you could try is to put your needs in the For Sale & Wanted (Oh, you already have!) section.
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Yes, I am paranoid, but am I paranoid ENOUGH?
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!
smidsy

Post by smidsy »

LOL!

i didnt think about that, my name does stand for Sorry Mate I Didnt See You but its one ive had since my biking days, get sick of hearing it by drivers when they almost took me out....

Yes i suppose it does apply in this case. I was distracted and hit the car in front of me. Minor low speed, nothing hurt but my pride but it is still bloody embarrassing!
Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023
My Cars: C5 Mk2 VTX+ estate.

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

Ah well, these things happen.

With any luck, citroenxm might spot your posts and have the parts you need. I have bought a couple of parts from him, and he packaged them in a way that kept them intact in transit.
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Yes, I am paranoid, but am I paranoid ENOUGH?
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!
Welshy_Pete
My Cars: 306 hdi 1999 + 306 hdi 2000

Post by Welshy_Pete »

Hello welcome to the French Peugeot, Citroen and Renault car forum.