New to French Cars

A forum for new members to introduce themselves to the rabble already onboard. Not compulsory!
Tell us a little about yourself, lie if you have to but keep it to just an introduction, not a car discussion.

Moderator: RichardW

Steve T

New to French Cars

Post by Steve T »

Hi, just purchased my first French car a Citroen C5. Had no plans to buy one, it just happened that my wife wrote our Astra off on Monday and we needed a replacement car. We saw this C5 in auto trader and it seemed a good buy, it's a 1.8 2004 VTR model with 64k on the clock and was advertised at £995. Saw it today and decided to buy it, it drives ok apart from tendency to pull to the left, there seems to be a bit of clutch judder when pulling off and (I'm not sure this isn't just me) it seems to hesitate when pulling away gently.

Here's hoping it's OK for a couple of years, is there anything I should look out for?

Steve
Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023
My Cars: C5 Mk2 VTX+ estate.

Re: New to French Cars

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

Hello Steve, and welcome to the forum. There will be people who can advise you on your car (Sorry, but I cannot, as I have no experience of the C5).
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Yes, I am paranoid, but am I paranoid ENOUGH?
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Welcome Steve :-D Likewise I can't either but there's a huge number of C5 owners here who should have the answer to anything you can possibly throw at them :wink:
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Steve T

Post by Steve T »

Thanks for the welcome, I'm not unduly worried as I don't think there's any major problems, I didn't expect it to be perfect as its 9 years old. I'm still pleased with it for the price.
Welshy_Pete
My Cars: 306 hdi 1999 + 306 hdi 2000

Post by Welshy_Pete »

Hello welcome to the french car forum.
Steve T

Post by Steve T »

diolch i chi Pete
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Steve T wrote:diolch i chi Pete
You're Welsh then Steve :)
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

hi and welcome Steve
Regards, malcolm.

current ride a BX 1.7 TZD estate
1986 MK1 BX 1.9na D Auto(in Mothman Andy's stable )
layed up roppy 1.9TD XANT estate, now gone to meet her maker
purple and lilac metalic 2CV(VIOLET)registered to her in doors
1972 DS special been layed up aprox 31 years
Steve T

Post by Steve T »

CitroJim wrote:
Steve T wrote:diolch i chi Pete
You're Welsh then Steve :)

Far from it, I'm just trying to learn to speak it (quite slow going though) as I like the sound of it. #-o
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

Steve T wrote: Far from it, I'm just trying to learn to speak it (quite slow going though) as I like the sound of it. #-o
Ahh, same as me then. I have dreams of emigrating to mid-Wales when I retire and I'll only do it if I can speak Welsh fluently.

My eldest daughter went to Uni in Aberystwyth and through her time there I fell in love with the place...

I'm a foreigner where I live now even though I've lived here all my adult life I still can't get comfortable in the urban jungle this place is. I ling and pine for the rolling green hills and wide open spaces of my childhood...
Jim

Steve T

Post by Steve T »

I also live in the metropolis, life much to fast to be healthy. I always held the dream to retire to Cornwall after spending about 3 years down there in my late teens, however property has become rediculously expensive. As a motorcyclist I do spend a lot of time in Wales and find the place similar to Cornwall in its pace of life so maybe one day; who knows?

Steve