From C6 to C5!

A forum for new members to introduce themselves to the rabble already onboard. Not compulsory!
Tell us a little about yourself, lie if you have to but keep it to just an introduction, not a car discussion.

Moderator: RichardW

Fuzzybrush
My Cars:

From C6 to C5!

Post by Fuzzybrush »

After running a very nice C6 for three years I got really fed up spending £260 every six months on tax. I am now the owner of a superb 2009 2.7 V6 HDI Exclusive in black. Have spent ten hours detailing the bodywork with a dual action polisher and she looks like new! I'm hoping to have as much trouble free motoring from this Citroen as with all my others: GSA, BX and BX 4x4, CX, Famille Estate, Xantia V6, Xantia HDI, XM's x 3, C6 and now the C5 8-)
2009 Citroen C5 III 2.7 V6 HDI Exclusive in really shiny Black
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Re: From C6 to C5!

Post by CitroJim »

Welcome Fuzzy...

Gosh, that's a nice collection there :-D

Would love to know more about the others - all of them - and I'm sure others on here would too..
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Fuzzybrush
My Cars:

Post by Fuzzybrush »

Sorry if I mislead you as these are the Citroens I have owned over the past 32 years. The first was only purchased because back then a few dealers were willing to give you your deposit for any car, with or without an MOT as long as you could get it there. I had at the time a Rapier that had no chance of passing its MOT and if memory serves me well I got £300 for it. That started my long relationship with Citroen. I have owned other cars in that time but ALWAYS went back to Citroen even after a couple of Mercs, a Granada Cosworth to name a few.
Trainman
(Donor 2018)
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: 2008 C6 2.7 Exclusive in Mativoire Beige with Vitali Leather.
2019 C5 1.6 Aircross Flair+ in Platinum Grey with Claudia Rimini Leather
2017 1.6HDi Berlingo Van - the works van

Post by Trainman »

C6 to C5, I would be quite interested to hear how they compare...
Steve

2008 C6 2.7 Exclusive in Mativoire Beige with Vitali Leather.

http://c6owners.org/index.php
Fuzzybrush
My Cars:

Post by Fuzzybrush »

Hi trainman, I'll think about this and then post my thoughts as there are no real major changes especially as I have the same engine and auto box.
Fuzzybrush
My Cars:

Post by Fuzzybrush »

I would say the main thing I have immediately noticed between the 6 and 5 is the turbo lag has gone. On the 6 there was no way you could decide to 'go for it' at a junction or roundabout. The lag made it impossible. The 5 has no lag at all and is a much sportier car to drive. The ride on the 6 is a little smoother and slightly quieter but the noise from the front could be down to the budget tyres that are fitted to the 5 and also 19" alloys.

I'm very pleased that the 5 has the RT4 as the older RT3 was painfully slow to input a destination and the RT4 also has a much nicer display, I do miss the head up display although the 5 does make up for this with a much nicer dash all round, more options on what is displayed. The centre hub is superb and works a treat, this should make the speed limiter and cruise more reliable, unlike the 6 which sometimes had a mind of its own!

I'm getting about 5/6 MPG more now and as I have the same engine and auto box must be down to a lighter car.

Heather really likes the look of the 5 a lot more than the 6, she now tells me she never liked the look of the rear end. But that's what is so unique about big Citroens. I liked having such a rare car, there are a lot more C5 's on the road but the 2.7 V6 is even rarer than a C6, even harder to find with nav as this is not standard even on the exclusive =D>

So in the end I'd say the C6 is more a gentleman's car and the C5 - 2.7 V6 is more a drivers car. In the end there both great Citroens.
Trainman
(Donor 2018)
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: 2008 C6 2.7 Exclusive in Mativoire Beige with Vitali Leather.
2017 1.6HDi Berlingo Van - the works van

Post by Trainman »

Hmmm Interesting that you should say the your getting more mpg, I thought you probably would, as you say the C5 is a lighter car. I must admit, I do like the idea of a 2.7 C5 and I seem to recall they also put a 3.0 lump into a C5 but I could be wrong. as for the RT4 that's a little surprising, I thought it may have been an RT5 (with Bluetooth) or even the MY WAY..........

It would be really interesting to see how they compare over a period of time.
Steve

2008 C6 2.7 Exclusive in Mativoire Beige with Vitali Leather.

http://c6owners.org/index.php
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Yes, they did put a 3.0 lump in the C5 Steve, the good old ES9J4S. The engine of the gods :-D
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

CitroJim wrote:Yes, they did put a 3.0 lump in the C5 Steve, the good old ES9J4S. The engine of the gods :-D
Had a tour through MK in one of them and was quite impressed with it.

I think I would still put Steve's (trainman) new C6 ahead of it though*. Although it may well be classed as a 'gentleman's car - I wouldn't disagree - but it is no slouch either.

Much roomier an 'airier' and although the C5 suspension was very good, that C6 really floats.
Fuzzybrush
My Cars:

Post by Fuzzybrush »

Hi Steve, I think the reason it's an RT4 is that even on the exclusive nav is not standard equipment and when this one was ordered they must of had the RT4 around, march 09. It has the Parrot 9200 fitted which is quite a good extra as it syncs with my iPhone and also has an SD card slot which I can use for mp3's. It will sync with two phones at once which is a bonus.
Fuzzybrush
My Cars:

Post by Fuzzybrush »

myglaren wrote:
Much roomier an 'airier' and although the C5 suspension was very good, that C6 really floats.
Can't say there is that much difference as the 2.7 has the same hydro active 3 suspension as the C6 and yes there is more room in the 6 but that is something I was willing to compromise on.
Welshy_Pete
My Cars: 306 hdi 1999 + 306 hdi 2000

Post by Welshy_Pete »

Hello welcome to the french car forum.
Fuzzybrush
My Cars:

Post by Fuzzybrush »

Thanks for the welcome Pete. Nice to be here now.