CCC CX, XM and Xantia Rally 2013 - 6/7/8 September.

A place to discuss any upcoming meets, club rallies and general get togethers.

Moderator: RichardW

Citroening
My Cars: Various Makes/Models Nowadays...

CCC CX, XM and Xantia Rally 2013 - 6/7/8 September.

Post by Citroening »

Evening all,

As some of you may have seen in a previous post here regarding this event, dates have now been confirmed...

Date for your diary is the weekend of 6/7/8 September 2013 for the best rally of the year... :wink:

The location is the usual at Little Horwood, MK17 0PF.

Many of you will know this event and have attended however see here for pics of last year - http://www.frenchcarforum.co.uk/forum/v ... 34#p333034" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

At the moment this post is just for the dates, and due to it being a while yet further details will be posted nearer the time.

Thanks!

EDIT - PLEASE SEE THE UPDATE ON PAGE THREE OF THIS THREAD HERE.

UPDATE COPIED BELOW:

There's big news about the CX, XM and Xantia Rally. Following the CX Section Committee Meeting that was held at the DSM, we are pleased to announce details for the Rally (6/7/8th September). Please see below for the Rally Advert...

Once again we are proud to announce that both entry and camping all weekend will be free! This free entry is not just to CCC Members either - it's extended to non-members too. We had a cracking turnout last year of over 150 cars which included 22 CXs, 30 XMs and 25 Xantias however we know you can do better...! If possible we'd like to see more than 170 cars over the weekend - it's up to you of course however don't let us down...! It is worth mentioning that a donation bucket will be present for donations at your discretion - this is to help us cover the £300 cost to just hire the site for the weekend.

To kick the rally off on Friday Evening the famous Fish and Chip van will be making an appearance at around 7:00pm to 7:30pm. Once everyone has enjoyed their fish supper then many folk normally have a good natter about all things Citroen related, whilst others break out the jars of infamous pickled eggs and enjoy an alcoholic beverage (or ten...) of their choice...

On Saturday & Sunday Morning, Buffett Breakfasts will be available at the Shoulder of Mutton Pub from 8am to 10am, as per last year.

At midday on Saturday we will depart for our convoy drive which is kindly going to be organised by Jim Eastment. Jim is organising a scenic route through the lanes and backroads to the Chinnor and Princes Risborough Railway and upon arrival we will be able to go on a train ride along the line that runs over a 3 ½ mile stretch along the foot of the Chiltern Hills running parallel to the Icknield Way, passing through attractive countryside with some outstanding views across the Vale of Whiteleaf.

On Saturday Evening we will pop down to the Shoulder of Mutton Pub for the Evening Buffet Meal. The cost will be £15 per head and it is an all you can eat buffet arrangement.

Refreshments on the Saturday and Sunday Afternoons will be available in the clubhouse kitchen that include Filled Rolls, Tea, Coffee and Soft Drinks.

There will be trophies for Best CX, XM and Xantia present, with rosettes too for 1st, 2nd and 3rd. Also there is of course the Roger Bradford “Roger’s Choice” Trophy (the car he would exclaim "Good God" at if he had seen it...) and the Eileen Stearnes Trophy (the car that has been improved the most and deserves special recognition...)

As well as the prize giving on the Sunday Afternoon, there will of course be the raffle.

...and of course the brilliant atmosphere that is only the CX, XM and Xantia Rally!

Don't forget those pickled eggs... :wink:

See you there!

Update re Convoy Drive on Saturday...

Over the past few days Claire, Jim and myself have been finalising details for our convoy drive out to the Chinnor and Princes Risborough Railway, on Saturday the 7th and we're pleased to announce these further details below:

- The convoy will leave Little Horwood at Midday, leaving us adequate time to reach Chinnor for 1PM (takes around 45 mins steady driving).

- When forming a queue to leave Little Horwood, route booklet instructions will be handed out, and if you wish to take part in the train ride then payment will be taken (£5 per person) and your details noted down.

- Upon arrival at Chinnor, lunch is available first with a large selection of freshly made sandwiches, pasties, sausage rolls, home-made cake, flapjacks, crisps, chocolate bars etc., along with tea, coffee, cold drinks and beer. There is also a meal deal available for £5 and lunch can be taken in one of their dining coaches in the platform.

- If you've paid for a train ride then this is next in Chinnor's 121 'Bubble Car'.

- Next are the yard and signalbox tours - cost is free!

- Finally a shop for any souvenirs too.

Just a few points that might be of interest if you was wondering...!

- If you don't wish to take part in the convoy you are more than welcome to stay at Little Horwood - committee members will still be on site however I would imagine that the field will be quite empty...!

- If you just wish to come along for the convoy drive and not take part in the train ride that is perfectly fine - feel free to enjoy the drive, lunch and the free tours.

- All cars taking part in the convoy will receive a route booklet with clear instructions kindly provided by Jim.

- The route will be around 30 miles each way - if you don't fancy driving then perhaps try and get a lift with others - we're a friendly bunch really...!

As usual, any questions just ask! Thanks!
Last edited by Citroening on 12 Aug 2013, 12:36, edited 4 times in total.
Franklin
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Re: CCC CX, XM and Xantia Rally 2013 - 6/7/8 September.

Post by CitroJim »

Excellent, another one for the diary :-D
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
citroenxm
My Cars: M reg Xm S2 2.1td Auto Exclusive. 269k and rising
L reg XM S1 V6 12v Manual SEi
L 94 XM 2.1 TD auto total resto

2008 Peugeot 207 Sw 1.6 16v hdi. 217k and rising
2010 Peugeot 207 SW 1.6 8v HDi 161k and rising

Post by citroenxm »

YAAAAAAAAYYYY!! I can stay married!!!

Cheers Franklin, moving to this second weekend is perfect!

When Im ready for divorce Ill ask you to move it back to the first weekend as previously... :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Sharing a pug 207 1.6 hdi Sw 16v.
M reg Xm 2.1 td auto exclusive S2 269k and rising
L reg XM V6 12v SEi auto .. Light project

A very sad...
1994 XM 2.1 d auto
Trainman
(Donor 2018)
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: 2008 C6 2.7 Exclusive in Mativoire Beige with Vitali Leather.
2019 C5 1.6 Aircross Flair+ in Platinum Grey with Claudia Rimini Leather
2017 1.6HDi Berlingo Van - the works van

Post by Trainman »

Well, that's another one out for me, first time I will of missed in 4 years, Unfortunately I'm working that weekend, so no chance of me getting there. :mecker: :mecker:

This is turning out to be a Annus Horribilis for me, I think the only rally, I can make is the National :shock:

Please don't change those dates [-X
Steve

2008 C6 2.7 Exclusive in Mativoire Beige with Vitali Leather.

http://c6owners.org/index.php
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

That's a terrible shame Steve :( Work is a curse sometimes isn't it. Can't you appeal to their better nature and see if you can have the time off explaining that as a columnist you have a duty to attend every rally!!!
Trainman wrote: Please don't change those dates [-X
No, don't. Paul's marriage depends on it :lol: :lol: :
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
citroenxm
My Cars: M reg Xm S2 2.1td Auto Exclusive. 269k and rising
L reg XM S1 V6 12v Manual SEi
L 94 XM 2.1 TD auto total resto

2008 Peugeot 207 Sw 1.6 16v hdi. 217k and rising
2010 Peugeot 207 SW 1.6 8v HDi 161k and rising

Post by citroenxm »

CitroJim wrote:That's a terrible shame Steve :( Work is a curse sometimes isn't it. Can't you appeal to their better nature and see if you can have the time off explaining that as a columnist you have a duty to attend every rally!!!
Trainman wrote: Please don't change those dates [-X
No, don't. Paul's marriage depends on it :lol: :lol: :
ONLY the CXM Rally is the problem Jim... and NEEDS to be on the second weekend for me to survive..

ANY other rally can have a date change to when ever it likes!!! :-D :-D :-D Which is what I think Steve is meaning....
Sharing a pug 207 1.6 hdi Sw 16v.
M reg Xm 2.1 td auto exclusive S2 269k and rising
L reg XM V6 12v SEi auto .. Light project

A very sad...
1994 XM 2.1 d auto
Citroening
My Cars: Various Makes/Models Nowadays...

Post by Citroening »

Terribly sorry to hear you cannot make it Steve - that is a great shame... :(

Regarding the dates for this Rally you was actually quite lucky Paul because we had no choice to move it...

The CCC Midlands Rally at Stratford Upon Avon Racecourse decided to move their rally dates so we had to move due to a clash... :roll:

Thus it's now the second weekend, and the Midlands Rally is now the weekend of the 30/31/1 and we are the 6/7/8...
Franklin
Trainman
(Donor 2018)
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: 2008 C6 2.7 Exclusive in Mativoire Beige with Vitali Leather.
2017 1.6HDi Berlingo Van - the works van

Post by Trainman »

citroenxm wrote:Which is what I think Steve is meaning....
Yeah, you're right Paul :wink:

Scotch Rally - Working

Northern Rally and H Van Rally - same weekend and Sarah and I are on our belated Honeymoon (I'm not even daring to ask that one.......) :oops: :oops: :oops:

X - Rally - I could do but it's a hell of a long way just for the day... :?

DSM and CXM/Xantia - I'm working

That leaves the National and possibly the Midland, which is one I've never been to....... which is making me turn into a RIGHT

Steve

2008 C6 2.7 Exclusive in Mativoire Beige with Vitali Leather.

http://c6owners.org/index.php
uhn113x
My Cars: 1981 Dyane - on road all year round.
1982 GSA Pallas - on road April - September.
1997 ZX 1.9D Dimension.

Post by uhn113x »

Bah! Or words to that effect :evil:

We went there last year as we try to alternate between this and the DS Little Horwood do earlier in the year, but that clashes with Registers Day (2CVGB).
Now we're on holiday in the Isle of Man! I'll try to move that earlier.
Mike in West Yorks
1982 GSA Pallas
1982 Dyane
1997 ZX Dimension
Citroenmad
My Cars: 07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
07 Citroen C5 HDi VTR - Red
09 Citroen C3 1.4i VTR - Silver
01 Citroen Saxo 1.1i Forte - Mango Orange
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10

Post by Citroenmad »

I plan on being there, looking forward to this as ever :-D
Chris
07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10
uhn113x
1997 ZX 1.9D Dimension.

Post by uhn113x »

uhn113x wrote:Bah! Or words to that effect :evil:

We went there last year as we try to alternate between this and the DS Little Horwood do earlier in the year, but that clashes with Registers Day (2CVGB).
Now we're on holiday in the Isle of Man! I'll try to move that earlier.
Unbahed, as we will be going to Little Horwood; managed to move IOM booking! :-D
Mike in West Yorks
1982 GSA Pallas
1982 Dyane
1997 ZX Dimension
Citroenmad
My Cars: 07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10

Post by Citroenmad »

uhn113x wrote:
Unbahed, as we will be going to Little Horwood; managed to move IOM booking! :-D
That is dedication :-D
Chris
07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

uhn113x wrote: Unbahed, as we will be going to Little Horwood; managed to move IOM booking! :-D
Brilliant news Mike :-D Looking forward to seeing you again :-D
Jim

uhn113x
1997 ZX 1.9D Dimension.

Post by uhn113x »

Same here, Jim, we'll have the Kelly Kettle on! Plenty of twigs there but a lack of camel dung.
See you at NVCF before then, anyhow. Look for Dyane or GSA.
Mike in West Yorks
1982 GSA Pallas
1982 Dyane
1997 ZX Dimension
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

uhn113x wrote: See you at NVCF before then, anyhow. Look for Dyane or GSA.
Looking forward to NVCF this year Mike, it's been a while for me... Look out for either one of my Xantias or the XM. I'll more than likely be with PavlosV6...
Jim