HELLO TO ALL

A forum for new members to introduce themselves to the rabble already onboard. Not compulsory!
Tell us a little about yourself, lie if you have to but keep it to just an introduction, not a car discussion.

Moderator: RichardW

chas41

HELLO TO ALL

Post by chas41 »

Just bought v6 xantia '97 in very good nick. Had a few xantias 1.9tds and 1.8 petrol before but reading thru the site here,had to join-just so much good info.
Am in Ayrshire Scotland ,and not too many xantias around here,but I ve come to really love them.
Keep up the good work on the forum please.
Chas41
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Re: HELLO TO ALL

Post by CitroJim »

Welcome Chas and great to see you here :-D

So that must be the rare and desirable Series 1 you have there if it's a 97 model..

I'm a bit of a fan of the V6. Had three now, two Series 1s and one Series 2 which I still have... I've also just bought a V6 XM which has exactly the same engine and gearbox as the V6 Xantia...

You must tell us more about yours and pop some pictures up...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Citroenmad
My Cars: 07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
07 Citroen C5 HDi VTR - Red
09 Citroen C3 1.4i VTR - Silver
01 Citroen Saxo 1.1i Forte - Mango Orange
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10

Post by Citroenmad »

Welcome to the FCF, the Xantia V6 is indeed an excellent car, a very good choice! 8-)
CitroJim wrote:... I've also just bought a V6 XM which has exactly the same engine and gearbox as the V6 Xantia...
Ah, I've definitely missed something :lol:
Chris
07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10
Northern_Mike

Post by Northern_Mike »

CitroJim wrote:Welcome Chas and great to see you here :-D

I'm a bit of a fan of the V6. Had three now, two Series 1s and one Series 2 which I still have... I've also just bought a V6 XM which has exactly the same engine and gearbox as the V6 Xantia..
Welcome Chas, I've also had a S1 V6 (actually the same one that Jim and Chris had. Fun cars!

Jim... ooooh, can you take me for a spin in it next time I come up? Are you keeping both XMs?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Citroenmad wrote: Ah, I've definitely missed something :lol:
Not if you've been reading Club-XM Chris :lol:

Basically, as estate agents say, I had a rare opportunity presented to me to acquire an ES9 XM V6 at an agreeable price so I have basically... It's a silver one on a '97 R plate so it's quite an early ES9. I've not got it yet but hopefully I can take delivery of it in the not too distant.

The Prestige forms part of the negotiated deal to acquire the V6 so sadly we'll be parting company.. She's off to a very good home though :-D

It's a bit like you an your HDi Chris. The opportunity came up and it was too good to resist...
Northern_Mike wrote: Jim... ooooh, can you take me for a spin in it next time I come up? Are you keeping both XMs?
I'm sure that can be arranged Mike. The V6 XM is a totally different drive when compared to the Xantia V6... It has a lot more waft for one thing..

Chas, sorry we've hijacked your welcome thread but topic drift and hijacking is quite normal on here :lol: Take no notice!
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Citroenmad
My Cars: 07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10

Post by Citroenmad »

That does sound like a deal too good to miss and your right, my deal with the HDi was too. Had it not of came along I would no doubt still be a V6 Xantia owner!

I'm really looking forward to seeing your new XM Jim 8-)
Chris
07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10
chas41

Post by chas41 »

Thanks for friendly banter and warm welcome.
Will put pictures on in a while
Chas41
Welshy_Pete
My Cars: 306 hdi 1999 + 306 hdi 2000

Post by Welshy_Pete »

Hello welcome to the french car forum.