newbie saying hi etc etc

A forum for new members to introduce themselves to the rabble already onboard. Not compulsory!
Tell us a little about yourself, lie if you have to but keep it to just an introduction, not a car discussion.

Moderator: RichardW

russ hdi

newbie saying hi etc etc

Post by russ hdi »

hi my names russell i am located in dudley west midlands and own a 2.0 hdi 110 2003 sx.
currently car has been sorned over christmas as it needs injectors cleaning ( looking to buy an ultrasonic cleaner from maplins) new glow plugs, already changed oil and filters.
whilst off road looking to possibly change cambelt, idlers, pump and pulley for peace of mind.
clutch bite seems high so half expecting clutch replacement soon, would like to do solid flywheel conversion plenty on ebay for less 250.it does seem high geared so would be interested to know if gearbox from xantia would fit i believe it has lower ratios.
once this lot done should last me a while and have to say what a surprise this car has become lovely ride excellent easy to work on engine and comfy way to travel.
my previous cars have been v6 rover 75's and omega's but fuel is getting so silly know i brought this diesel for pennies as just a workhorse but have been pleasantly surpised with my first diesel.

i am looking to buy an obd reader/ lexia in foreseeable future so once done i hope i can be of some use to you all.
would like to make it to some meets and get along with you all. look forward togetting to know you all.
russell
CITROEN C5 2.0 HDI SX 2003

Currently rebuilding grand espace 2.2 rxe full leather 3 sunroofs
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Re: newbie saying hi etc etc

Post by CitroJim »

Welcome Russ :-D

I'm sure you'll find all the information you need on here. Please don't hesitate to post all questions you might have...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

hi and welcome

you dont say what car you have just year and engine, unless i missed it :wink:
Regards, malcolm.

current ride a BX 1.7 TZD estate
1986 MK1 BX 1.9na D Auto(in Mothman Andy's stable )
layed up roppy 1.9TD XANT estate, now gone to meet her maker
purple and lilac metalic 2CV(VIOLET)registered to her in doors
1972 DS special been layed up aprox 31 years
oneday
My Cars:

Post by oneday »

hi russ and welcome looks like you have got plenty to be getting on with
C5 2.0 HDI VTR 2003 ICELANDIC GREY
306 1.4 LX MERIDIAN
Welshy_Pete
My Cars: 306 hdi 1999 + 306 hdi 2000