CCC South West Group - 1st Meeting 20th January 2013

A place to discuss any upcoming meets, club rallies and general get togethers.

Moderator: RichardW

red_dwarfers
(Donor 2020)
My Cars:

CCC South West Group - 1st Meeting 20th January 2013

Post by red_dwarfers »

After a couple of emails with Brian Drummond, I've volunteered to dust off the Citroen Car Club South West Section calender and sort out some events. From talking to a few people from this neck of the woods at the ICCCR there is certainly an interest.

At the ICCCR we were talking about a Christmas meal to kick it off but thinking more about it, time is pushing on and it doesn't give much time to plan so I suggest a meal in January or February as a pick me up for any Winter blues!

Next year I am keen to have a Citroen Car Club presence at a couple of the bigger South West rallys at the very least. Maybe a few meets at places of interest.

It would be useful to know who would be interested in coming along to events and roughly where you live, also if you have attended CCC events in the South West previously. Once I get a rough idea I can start looking into venues for the first meet of 2013.

Any events or meets will be open to anyone who has an interest in Citroens, club member or not *cough* PeterN/Toby_HDI/Imperial21/Timmo/Napoleon and anyone else who happens to live down here and enjoys talking Citroens!

Cheers
Kev
Last edited by red_dwarfers on 10 Dec 2012, 21:11, edited 1 time in total.
Kev

'19 C4 Cactus 130 Flair
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Re: Resurrection of the Citroen Car Club South West Group

Post by CitroJim »

That's excellent Kev :-D

Where are you planning to hold meetings. I might well be able to combine a visit to dad with one or two. the Christmas do quite tickles my fancy...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
red_dwarfers
(Donor 2020)
My Cars:

Post by red_dwarfers »

Cheers Jim :D

I'm keeping fairly open minded about locations but so far the interest suggests East Devon. It will almost certainly be on a weekend, somewhere with ample car parking, easily accessible from trunk roads and with half decent sensibly priced food and drink. I was given several nuggets of excellent advice at the ICCCR which may have some influence.
Kev

'19 C4 Cactus 130 Flair
DOMW
My Cars:

Post by DOMW »

Good idea Kev. I'm half way between South West & Midlands really, so a bit too south for me to be actively involved. But if I can help, let me know. There has been threats in the past to have more of a Citroen presence at shows down 'r way. Bath & West Showground has a number a car shows and autojumbles throughout the year. And I do know of steam rallies, such as the Steam Extranganza you can exhibit as a group/club.
red_dwarfers
(Donor 2020)
My Cars:

Post by red_dwarfers »

There has been a decent amount of interest so far so it looks like we're good to go. The South West Group is for anyone who enjoys talking Citroen from Dorset and Wiltshire over to Cornwall, those further afield are also more than welcome. Owning a Citroen or being a member of the club isn’t necessary, that’s something that will probably come naturally after hanging around other owners/members!

On the 20th of January around 3pm is our first meeting at the Cat and Fiddle in Clyst St Mary just to the East of Exeter,EX5 1DP if you have a satnav. It has many merits such as a large car park, along with large inside and outside areas, pool tables, children’s play areas and is only 5 minutes away from the M5 and A30. It’s on the A3052, the Sidmouth Rd if you’re coming from the East, on the north side and a lovely area with many attractions if you decide to make a day of it.

I’ll most likely be in a Red Xantia unless Annabelle the GSA is welded up and on the road by then. If I’m not in or around the car and you don’t know what I look like, I’ll make sure I’m wearing either my Ghostbusters T shirt or a Citroen related one (lets hope they don’t shrink in the wash in the meantime!). Bring along your ideas for things you want to do this year and places you want to go and we’ll go from there.

For more information, contact me here or on southwest@citroencarclub.org.uk
Kev

'19 C4 Cactus 130 Flair
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Re: CCC South West Group - 1st Meeting 20th January 2013

Post by CitroJim »

For anyone who needs help in recognising Kev...

He's the thoughtful one :lol:
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
red_dwarfers
(Donor 2020)
My Cars:

Post by red_dwarfers »

Yes that was this years DSM, about a day after that video of KBL was filmed.

Reminds me, I need to get my hair cut, it's half covering my ears at the moment :lol:
Kev

'19 C4 Cactus 130 Flair
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

red_dwarfers wrote:Yes that was this years DSM, about a day after that video of KBL was filmed.
What video is that then Kev? Anything involving KBL I'm interested in for very obvious reasons :)

I was amazed to see KBL made an appearance in that picture. Never realised it until I looked at it today...

I saw KBL at DSM for the first time and said I'd like it if it ever became available and as they say, the rest is history...
Jim

red_dwarfers
(Donor 2020)
My Cars:

Post by red_dwarfers »

Of course, sorry you would have probably missed that post. I can't remember where on the forum I posted it to so here it is. The KBL swoopy road clips are from the so called Evo Triangle in North Wales. My XM bits are from around here and the lane is to the holiday cottage we were staying at for the week.

Kev

'19 C4 Cactus 130 Flair
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

Aww, that's excellent Kev. Thanks for posting that up :-D I now understand why KBL loves Wales so much :lol:

First time I've seen that video... I love the choice of background music 8-)
Jim

red_dwarfers
(Donor 2020)
My Cars:

Post by red_dwarfers »

Just a reminder that this is happening next weekend, exciting stuff!
Kev

'19 C4 Cactus 130 Flair
red_dwarfers
(Donor 2020)
My Cars:

Post by red_dwarfers »

Scratch this, the run to Porlock won't be happening.
If anyone is interested a few of us are having a drive out on the Saturday up through Exmoor, up over Porlock Hill, the steepest A road in England (possibly the UK but I'm not sure) then through Lynton and Lynmouth and then back down towards Exeter. I was only originally going to whip over and show Chris but in the last few days it's grown into a 4 car convoy!

Bear in mind that apart from the meeting place the only other bit of planning has been 'Let's go to Porlock Hill on Saturday, not too early though as I want to have a lie in.'

For that, at 11am Saturday 19th we'll meet at the Taunton Sainsbury's just off junction 25 of the M5 as it looks easy to get to. I've never been there but looking at Google Street View it appears to be well sign posted. Come off J25, take the exit for Taunton and follow the signs for shopping.

I'll be in a red Xantia hatch, R78 WOR. If you want to come along and would like my mobile number just in case, PM me.
Last edited by red_dwarfers on 18 Jan 2013, 13:32, edited 1 time in total.
Kev

'19 C4 Cactus 130 Flair
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

Gosh Kev, Your rendezvous point is barely a sparrow's flight from dad's. Well, 10 miles or so... Energetic sparrow's flight perhaps...

You may just see me there on Saturday. It's about time I went to see dad...

It'll only be a quick hello though and sadly, as much as I'd love to, I won't be joining you going up Porlock Hill :(
Jim

red_dwarfers
(Donor 2020)
My Cars:

Post by red_dwarfers »

That is absolutely fine Jim. Not sure how long we'll be hanging around at Sainsbury's mind. I'll probably aim to get there around 1045.

Maybe a genetically modified sparrow?
Kev

'19 C4 Cactus 130 Flair
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

Well, weather and me permitting I hope to see you, albeit perhaps briefly, on Saturday....
Jim