hi all

A forum for new members to introduce themselves to the rabble already onboard. Not compulsory!
Tell us a little about yourself, lie if you have to but keep it to just an introduction, not a car discussion.

Moderator: RichardW

marky-b

hi all

Post by marky-b »

Hi all,
just thought I would come and say Hi.
Bought a 2002 citroen C8, 2.2hdi, about a month ago, no MOT or tax. Had to do a few jobs to get it through the MOT, front bottom arms, front ARB drop links, a few bulbs and a rear brake caliper.
Very pleased with it so far, apart from the dreaded anti-pollutant fault :cry: still trying to get to the bottom of it. Dealership reckon it's an open circuit on the filler neck sensor circuit?.
Had a 05 plate berlingo a few years ago, that was a good all rounder.
cheers,
mark
Citroenmad
My Cars: 07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
07 Citroen C5 HDi VTR - Red
09 Citroen C3 1.4i VTR - Silver
01 Citroen Saxo 1.1i Forte - Mango Orange
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10

Re: hi all

Post by Citroenmad »

Welcome to the FCF :)

A very smart motor is the C8.

Apparently it has been known for the magnetic sensors on the filler neck to fall off, check they are still there.
Chris
07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
07 Citroen C5 HDi VTR - Red
09 Citroen C3 1.4i VTR - Silver
01 Citroen Saxo 1.1i Forte - Mango Orange
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10
marky-b

Post by marky-b »

checked those, both still there.
When I bought the car, i new it needed the dpf oil filling. Had the dealership fill the oil up and reset the system. They told me that the sensor on the neck had failed and they replaced that. It lasted about a day, then anti-pollutant was back on again. Some of the time, the system will reset itself.
Trying to find some info on the system, it's harder to find than the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow :0)
Could do with a circuit diagram and ecu locations?.
For a 10 year old car, it's got a lot of extras and it's very nice to drive. It's done 110k.
Welshy_Pete
My Cars: 306 hdi 1999 + 306 hdi 2000

Post by Welshy_Pete »

Hello welcome to the french car forum.