CCC East Midlands Group - BRM & Bourne Citroën - 7/10/12

A place to discuss any upcoming meets, club rallies and general get togethers.

Moderator: RichardW

Citroening
My Cars: Various Makes/Models Nowadays...

CCC East Midlands Group - BRM & Bourne Citroën - 7/10/12

Post by Citroening »

As you may be aware, our next Group Meeting is for the BRM Celebration Day on the 7th October at Bourne, Lincolnshire.

For info, here is their website - http://brmday.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

As you may have seen in the latest Citroenian, we are going to combine this again with meeting up at Barry Annells' Bourne Citroen Centre too (Unit 1, Eastgate Industrial Estate, Cherry Holt Road, Bourne, Lincs, PE10 9JY) as this was very popular last year.

You can see on the website about the plans for the day - http://brmday.co.uk/plans.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - and for info we plan to meet at Barry's place for 10am, as the BRM starts at 11am.

It is still a little way off now so will give exact details nearer the time...

Slightly different to last year, however we had this excellent turnout...

Same again please... :D ;)
Franklin
Citroening
My Cars: Various Makes/Models Nowadays...

Re: CCC East Midlands Group - BRM & Bourne Citroën - 7/10/12

Post by Citroening »

Bump! This Sunday...
Franklin
waynedance

Post by waynedance »

Just seen this, so not much happening in the way of replies to this thread.
Is there many Citroen persons meeting here?
Volvo S80 D5.........
C5 2.2HDi Exclusive 2003 manual (now gone).
2009 Renault Megane, the misses drive.
Had a 1988 BX 19TRS Auto many moons ago.
Forgive any spelling mistakes, it's the phone not me.
XMX

Post by XMX »

For the Bourne BRM Day click for SLIDE-SHOW I'm sorry for the crap pictures but only managed to get on the side of the road where the sun was blinding into your eyes/camera plus as can be seen the pavements where heaving with folk (Some were inpatient by shoving and pushing to :evil: ) so it wasn't that easy to get a good spot to take photo's, but as least its shows the success of the event !

This took me back to happier day's of Summer 1977 when I had 3 year old Triumph Stag and a Honda 400/4 which was only 6 months old at the time (Same Colour too) :-

Now for some snap's of the mini/meet, click for SLIDE-SHOW , I glad I went in the end (As it was 'touch and go' whether I was going), what a fantastic day with super warm weather too (no need for any wet weather protection) !

Thanks to Tim Leach (From the CCC) for chauffeuring, in his very nice BX MK1 19 DTR , which I can confirm drives superbly indeed for the mileage its done (I bet others with half the mileage would not have been as smooth/quiet) its most definitely a keeper !

:D

XMX