New Mk1 C5 owner from North East England

A forum for new members to introduce themselves to the rabble already onboard. Not compulsory!
Tell us a little about yourself, lie if you have to but keep it to just an introduction, not a car discussion.

Moderator: RichardW

Longyear
My Cars: (15) Citroen C1 1.0i 12v Feel
(05) Citroen C2 VTS

New Mk1 C5 owner from North East England

Post by Longyear »

Hi all,

My names David and I'm from Newcastle-Upon Tyne, England, although currently living "down south" in Durham.. :-D

I have just bought a Nov 2002 (52) Citroen C5 2.2 HDi SX Auto Saloon, in boring silver. Luckily the rest of this quirky car is far from boring!

I did my research regarding FAP/DPF issues, and the car I have bought had the Eolys fluid replaced 12 months ago, along with a brand new FAP. It is driving fantastically and displaying no "anti-poluttion" or "Diesel Additive Low" type errors. :)

Despite this, I will 100% be getting the FAP removed and mapped out. I was thinking of using a place called Energy Tuning UK, who are 30 miles from me, in Ashington, Northumberland. (http://www.energy-tuning.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;)..... just wondering if anyone has used these?

I paid a paltry £575 for the car, taxed and tested and with a huge service history. As well as the recent FAP / Eolys, it had all calipers, discs and pads replace (£650 bill) in April of this year. :)

It does only have a short MOT at present but I'm confident it will go through with little if any work, in October.

I'll post up some pics soon.

Great to be hear - good forum! (I've had a poke around already).

Cheers,
David (Longyear)
David.
(15) Citroen C1 1.0i 12v Feel
(05) Citroen C2 VTS
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Re: New Mk1 C5 owner from North East England

Post by CitroJim »

Welcome to the forum David :-D

Whilst I'm not familiar with the FAP issues I do know this subject has been discussed at length on here and it might be a good idea to get in touch with Monkeyfeet who has had some considerable experience in this area...

I trust all goes well at MOT Time...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Longyear
My Cars: (15) Citroen C1 1.0i 12v Feel
(05) Citroen C2 VTS

Post by Longyear »

Thanks Jim, I certainly hope so. :-D

If I get this car through the MOT for less than £100 (one borderline tyre is the only area I can find that, that may need cost for the MOT), I will count this beautiful car as the best bargain ever.

Still can't get over how good the ride comfort is.

Love the auto / tiptronic box too - could do with a touch more power from the HDi, but nice smooth delivery.
David.
(15) Citroen C1 1.0i 12v Feel
(05) Citroen C2 VTS
Welshy_Pete
My Cars: 306 hdi 1999 + 306 hdi 2000

Post by Welshy_Pete »

Hello welcome to the french car forum.