CCC CX, XM and Xantia Rally 7-9/09/2012.

A place to discuss any upcoming meets, club rallies and general get togethers.

Moderator: RichardW

CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Re: CCC CX, XM and Xantia Rally 7-9/09/12 - BIG UPDATE PAGE

Post by CitroJim »

Tried it just once a long time ago, didn't like it....

Since then, I've seen some very bad things happen to people who use it. Not good. My views on it are very strong and based on some nasty stuff I've witnessed. Those who claim it's harmless are completely wrong.

I don't think having it at CXM will be a wise move. I can smell it a mile off and I will be very unhappy indeed if I do.
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
bxzx16v
My Cars: Past Frenchies , 4xBx16v,1xBxGti,1xBxTzd,2xZx Volcanes,1xZx reflex,1xPug 405mi16, 3x Xantia 1.9td's,1x Xantia activa, 2x Renault 25 V6 turbo, 1 Zx16v ,1 Pug 406 V6 coupe ,1x C8 , 1x Berlingo van , 1x Xanti 2.1td , 1x Renault Laguna 3

Post by bxzx16v »

I'm with Jim on the weed [-X . Only ever tried redbull once it didn't give me wings just a great stonking headache :mrgreen:

Mark
2009 Landrover Freelander 2 TD4se (killed an Audi) , sadly now gone .
2012 Landrover Freelander 2 SD4 AUTO Love it . Now gone .
2014 Ford Bmax 1.0 Ecoboost Zetec . Fantastic little machine .Gone now.
2014 Ford Focus 2.0 Tdci Zetec S with the French heart.
uhn113x
My Cars: 1981 Dyane - on road all year round.
1982 GSA Pallas - on road April - September.
1997 ZX 1.9D Dimension.

Post by uhn113x »

jacksun1987 wrote:as any one got some weed ?
I've got a video of the Flowerpot Men.

Cannot get my head around about paying cash to kill yourself slowly.
Mike in West Yorks
1982 GSA Pallas
1982 Dyane
1997 ZX Dimension
vince
My Cars:

Post by vince »

I figured having drugs at an organised CCC event would be an automatic No....along with theft, fighting, being overly drunk, rowdy, insulting, etc.
I think we all owe the organisers our respect for staging the event in the first place so good behaviour is expected by all....alongside not breaking the law in any way.

Thats not to say that weed smoking people wouldnt be well behaved :wink: I dont have anything against people who smoke weed in the privacy of their own home, but i dont like smelling it when im out and about. That said, i have a wierd adversion to smoke...even passive smoke, it makes me physically throw up on the spot, i dont know why, ive been like that since i was a kid.

I like not being able to smoke though :)

Each to their own....
1993 Citroen xm 2.1td, silver/grey, bowling ball wheel trims, 210k and climbing...
Citroenmad
My Cars: 07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
07 Citroen C5 HDi VTR - Red
09 Citroen C3 1.4i VTR - Silver
01 Citroen Saxo 1.1i Forte - Mango Orange
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10

Post by Citroenmad »

vince wrote:I figured having drugs at an organised CCC event would be an automatic No....along with theft, fighting, being overly drunk, rowdy, insulting, etc.
I always think this goes without saying, I have never experienced any of this while at a CCC meet and I have been to many. On the whole most people seem quite like minded and anything disrupting would be pretty out of the ordinary.

I don't really care what people do in their own time, so long as it does not effect me or group organised events, it would somewhat lower the tone!

Ive never even tried red bull or anything similar :roll: I only really drink water, squash and tea :lol:
Chris
07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10
Citroening
My Cars: Various Makes/Models Nowadays...

Post by Citroening »

:shock: As Jacksun says, he was only joking...although good that everyone knows the score now... Indeed, I'm agreeing with Jim here in that the Committee would be very unhappy to learn if someone was smoking it at the Rally...

Anyway...

Still not decided what we're bringing yet, although would be nice to get the GSA X1 there, and maybe a Xantia V6 too... :-k
Franklin
bxzx16v
My Cars: Past Frenchies , 4xBx16v,1xBxGti,1xBxTzd,2xZx Volcanes,1xZx reflex,1xPug 405mi16, 3x Xantia 1.9td's,1x Xantia activa, 2x Renault 25 V6 turbo, 1 Zx16v ,1 Pug 406 V6 coupe ,1x C8 , 1x Berlingo van , 1x Xanti 2.1td , 1x Renault Laguna 3

Post by bxzx16v »

I can only make one day out of the three , what would be the best ? I'm guessing Sunday possibly ?

Mark
Citroenmad
My Cars: 07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10

Post by Citroenmad »

Citroening wrote: Still not decided what we're bringing yet, although would be nice to get the GSA X1 there, and maybe a Xantia V6 too... :-k
I would really like to see this, such a low mileage and fresh car. It must be like stepping into a Citroen showroom back in the 70/80s! 8-)

Oh, a V6 Xantia, interesting! :lol: S1 or S2? Bring it along! Can you not get temp cover for the weekend on one and drive one over Franklin?

I would go for the Sunday Mark, you will miss the drive out and visit to Bletchly but Sunday is generally the most popular day for visitors. I would also take a look at the weather in case there is a day to sway your visit ...

My dad has decided he has done enough driving recently so he is not bringing the XM estate, he will be travelling down with me in the V6 Xantia.
Chris
07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10
uhn113x
My Cars: 1981 Dyane - on road all year round.
1982 GSA Pallas - on road April - September.
1997 ZX 1.9D Dimension.

Post by uhn113x »

Citroening wrote:
Still not decided what we're bringing yet, although would be nice to get the GSA X1 there, and maybe a Xantia V6 too... :-k
'Twould to get a few Gs there - go for it!
Mike in West Yorks
1982 GSA Pallas
1982 Dyane
1997 ZX Dimension
bxzx16v

Post by bxzx16v »

Thanks Chris , it could be the weather that sways it as my better half is coming along too #-o

Mark
Citroening

Post by Citroening »

bxzx16v wrote:I can only make one day out of the three , what would be the best ? I'm guessing Sunday possibly ?
It'll be between Saturday and Sunday Mark as not too much happens on Friday and nobody arrives until around 4/5/6pm really. As Chris says, Saturday is the day for the Convoy Run to Bletchley which is looking like a really good day as well as the Evening Meal too. Sunday is historically the busiest of days however there isn't the convoy run but there are still the raffle and car judging too.
Citroenmad wrote:I would really like to see this, such a low mileage and fresh car. It must be like stepping into a Citroen showroom back in the 70/80s! 8-)
It is rather nice... Nothing cemented in stone yet though, still not sure... :roll:
Citroenmad wrote:Oh, a V6 Xantia, interesting! :lol: S1 or S2? Bring it along! Can you not get temp cover for the weekend on one and drive one over Franklin?
A W Reg Series 2 in Silver with Black Leather. It's the same one we owned a good while back. Cheeky Link. I'm going to be bringing the C4 which should be good...
Franklin
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

Citroening wrote:
bxzx16v wrote:I can only make one day out of the three , what would be the best ? I'm guessing Sunday possibly ?
It'll be between Saturday and Sunday Mark as not too much happens on Friday and nobody arrives until around 4/5/6pm really. As Chris says, Saturday is the day for the Convoy Run to Bletchley which is looking like a really good day as well as the Evening Meal too. Sunday is historically the busiest of days however there isn't the convoy run but there are still the raffle and car judging too.
Citroenmad wrote:I would really like to see this, such a low mileage and fresh car. It must be like stepping into a Citroen showroom back in the 70/80s! 8-)
It is rather nice... Nothing cemented in stone yet though, still not sure... :roll:
Citroenmad wrote:Oh, a V6 Xantia, interesting! :lol: S1 or S2? Bring it along! Can you not get temp cover for the weekend on one and drive one over Franklin?
A W Reg Series 2 in Silver with Black Leather. It's the same one we owned a good while back. Cheeky Link. I'm going to be bringing the C4 which should be good...

you could always borrow the twin Webbers, the only down side with that is i dont think you would like to cut to holes in the bonnet, as it looks like they will poke out through the bonnet, :shock: :twisted: 8-) :lol: :wink:
Regards, malcolm.

current ride a BX 1.7 TZD estate
1986 MK1 BX 1.9na D Auto(in Mothman Andy's stable )
layed up roppy 1.9TD XANT estate, now gone to meet her maker
purple and lilac metalic 2CV(VIOLET)registered to her in doors
1972 DS special been layed up aprox 31 years
Citroening

Post by Citroening »

citronut wrote:you could always borrow the twin Webbers, the only down side with that is i dont think you would like to cut to holes in the bonnet, as it looks like they will poke out through the bonnet, :shock: :twisted: 8-) :lol: :wink:
:lol: I think that they will too Malcolm, so something would have to be done... Probably smaller air filters...

People have put bike carbs on C4s before... :shock: Same 1.6 16v engine as C2s, and there's quite a following for modifying them apparently...

Back to the Rally - Just done some clear and concise info sheets outlining what is happening when - these will be put up in the Club House.
Franklin
davetherave
My Cars:

Post by davetherave »

Are you coming to the Cxm Malcolm, do you still need the white xantia doors?
(95) XM Silver 2.1td Exclusive.
(87) Cx 2.5 DTR T1 undergoing major cosmetic surgery.
GPZ500s
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Dave, can you confirm you still want the leather seat please?

If so, I'll bring it along with all the other stuff for disposal...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...